Sponsored By:

IPL OEM exhaust vs Infiniti Sport Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:49 PM
gyukang2

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
IPL OEM exhaust vs Infiniti Sport Muffler

which one sounds louder and deeper?

I've also heard that the sport muffler is not as same as a muffler on a g37 with sport package?

Thank you!!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
not sure the comparison but I have a 2013 IPL vert and the exhaust just didn't sound as good as I would like. I had a 2007 g35 coupe with stillen exhaust, CAI and upgraded intake manifold and it sounded way better. I have swapped my IPL intakes for Stillen Gen3, added the Stillen cat back and am thinking about HFC because it still just doesn't sound like I want it to. It puts me in a dilemma, because the IPL is suppose to be tuned so do I really need to keep going and do the HFC, some manifold upgrades and a dyno tune or is it going to matter.
The following users liked this post:
gyukang2 (01-19-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
I've heard IPL exhaust is a bit deeper.
gyukang2 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
gyukang2

no significance

yeah... I heard that there won't be much significant difference..........
Would it make sound better if I put Stillen Gen 3?? Any HP upgrade with both Gen3 and IPL muffler together???

Originally Posted by Kuro
I've heard IPL exhaust is a bit deeper.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:12 PM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by gyukang2
yeah... I heard that there won't be much significant difference..........
Would it make sound better if I put Stillen Gen 3?? Any HP upgrade with both Gen3 and IPL muffler together???
Sound, yes slightly. Power wise, not enough of a difference for you to notice.
gyukang2 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 05:31 PM
iGGy37S

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the sport muffler, not the S muffler. Its much much deeper than stock, just right. I wouldnt own anything else for the G. It is a deeper tone than IPL and looks better.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
^The mufflers are the same design no ? How does the sport look better than the IPL?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:42 PM
iGGy37S

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LegitMW
^The mufflers are the same design no ? How does the sport look better than the IPL?
It is not. The accessory muffler is straight through design that is a stainless steel design through and through. Its tips run from the muffler itself, there are no clip on tips like the IPL exhaust. I looked at the IPL exhaust at the dealer and its basically an S exhaust with huge tips which are welded from the inside to make it look cleaner.
This will give you a better idea on the accessory muffler design http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/IMG_1004.jpg

IMO it should have been added on the S coupes from factory, because it sounds amazing. You will hear it at take off even when lightly pushing the throttle, and especially when you step on it. If you drive normally its as if you have the stock muffler on. I find that to be great because there is no drone and it never gets annoying.
The following 2 users liked this post by iGGy37S:
Jayt27 (05-13-2021), malady (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

As an update today was 74 degrees in the ATL and got a chance to put the top down. Its the first time since i got my IPL Vert that i have been able to put the top down aftr the Gen 3 CAI and Stillen cat back. It really does sound pretty good. Especially under exceleration. Still think better than the ipl exhaust. And i agree the big exhaust tips looked bad to me. I wonder if the g37 has more noise barrier than the g35 did or at least the vert. I still cant hear it as well as my old coupe.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by iGGy37S
It is not. The accessory muffler is straight through design that is a stainless steel design through and through. Its tips run from the muffler itself, there are no clip on tips like the IPL exhaust. I looked at the IPL exhaust at the dealer and its basically an S exhaust with huge tips which are welded from the inside to make it look cleaner.
This will give you a better idea on the accessory muffler design http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/IMG_1004.jpg

IMO it should have been added on the S coupes from factory, because it sounds amazing. You will hear it at take off even when lightly pushing the throttle, and especially when you step on it. If you drive normally its as if you have the stock muffler on. I find that to be great because there is no drone and it never gets annoying.
First the IPL is a cat back dual exhaust where the sport is just an axle back. Yes the tips are different and the two exhaust are not really alike. I loved the sound of my IPL no matter what some people say it is deeper and in every parking garage I had my windows down to hear the exotic sound it made. I do miss it.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 AM
gyukang2

4.5 inch tip??

Sport tip is not 4.5???? Ipl tip is 4.5 and regular is 2.5. What about sport muffler???
Originally Posted by Pnrymmf
As an update today was 74 degrees in the ATL and got a chance to put the top down. Its the first time since i got my IPL Vert that i have been able to put the top down aftr the Gen 3 CAI and Stillen cat back. It really does sound pretty good. Especially under exceleration. Still think better than the ipl exhaust. And i agree the big exhaust tips looked bad to me. I wonder if the g37 has more noise barrier than the g35 did or at least the vert. I still cant hear it as well as my old coupe.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
If I were you I'd save up money for after market exhaust or just stay stock
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
I have a Sport coupe, guessing the exhaust is a sport or S...a little confused as to what the difference is now. But I have heard the IPL in person finally and it does sound more agressive than mine. I think with intakes and an IPL exhaust the car would sound like a baws! LoL

Pnyrmmf...imo the G35's sound a lot more audible than the 37 for some reason. I think any exhaust you put on those sounds deeper for some reason...but the 37 overall is a more refined car. I'll take that trade off...I'm not a young kid anymore who brags about how loud his car is! Not saying you are btw...just agreeing with you that the 35 is louder thats all.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:20 AM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I think you are misunderstanding him.

There is no difference in the muffler in a g37 and g37s

You can buy a sport muffler from the dealer as an option, all SS polished looks like a fuji

Then the IPL muffler which looks like the sport muffler but non polished body and welded tips
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

No worries evil-G-nius. Im well past boy racer stage as well. Wellll physically anyway but probably always be a kid. Thats why i love these Gs. Glad to know it wasnt me when it came to the G35 vs 37 for the exhaust sound. Before i traded my 35 i thought about just getting a weekend car. Drove my high school dream car, 1975 Triumph TR6. It only had 50K miles and an Anza Exhaust. i wanted to love it but the thing was so loud when you excellerated my ears rang! My wife said forget it just get a new G. Im so glad i did.

Quick Reply: IPL OEM exhaust vs Infiniti Sport Muffler