Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by malady
I think you are misunderstanding him.
There is no difference in the muffler in a g37 and g37s
You can buy a sport muffler from the dealer as an option, all SS polished looks like a fuji
Then the IPL muffler which looks like the sport muffler but non polished body and welded tips
I was misunderstanding...LOL. I have a S coupe so I figured it would be a "sport" muffler! None-the-less the IPL sounds different period.

Originally Posted by Pnrymmf
No worries evil-G-nius. Im well past boy racer stage as well. Wellll physically anyway but probably always be a kid. Thats why i love these Gs. Glad to know it wasnt me when it came to the G35 vs 37 for the exhaust sound. Before i traded my 35 i thought about just getting a weekend car. Drove my high school dream car, 1975 Triumph TR6. It only had 50K miles and an Anza Exhaust. i wanted to love it but the thing was so loud when you excellerated my ears rang! My wife said forget it just get a new G. Im so glad i did.
I am a big a$$ kid too! LoL I like the car to be a little louder but that's under acceleration. Normal driving it should be civil. I don't need to be heard 3 blocks away or anything like that. Still not sure why the 35 is so much louder than ours but like I said, I think the trade off for a classier car is worth it
Old 01-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
So did we decide the IPL is the way to go for deeper tone as it is a true dual cat back form?
Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
just installed my sport muffler the thing def. roars ^_^ They should of included them on the S models.

The design is a little different than the IPL and stock muffler as its all polished but I cant find any markings as to who makes it, Kind of looks like a fuji.

Thanks for the help iggy
Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 559 Likes on 390 Posts
just installed my sport muffler the thing def. roars ^_^ They should of included them on the S models.

The design is a little different than the IPL and stock muffler as its all polished but I cant find any markings as to who makes it, Kind of looks like a fuji.

Thanks for the help iggy

If you don't mind me asking, what did you manage to pay for the muffler?
Old 02-28-2016, 12:07 AM
RogerSmith
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help iggy
1. How much for the muffler?
2. How many hours labor?
3. What did you do with your old one?

thanks