Sponsored By:

Elite Warranty - Have you used it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Elite Warranty - Have you used it?

When i purchased my 09 G37x Coupe about two months ago i decided to purchase the 36 month 48K mile Elite warranty from my local Infiniti dealer. I figured this would cover me at least the 3 years or up to 108K miles. This is now my 4th Infiniti and I've never really anything major go wrong so i am starting to second guess my reasons for purchasing the warranty. Although i am taking it in this week for the ECM/TCM update for harsh down shifts and also for the pealing steering wheel trim.

For those of you who purchased the Elite warranty - have you used it? If so, what have you had replaced under the warranty?

I'm starting to have second thoughts and i'm kind of leaning towards canceling the warranty already to get a refund.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 AM
InitialC
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
1. Rear Woofers (One had a problem but they replaced the pair)
2. CMC (I told them to do the CSC, but they had to do the CMC first)
3. CSC (This is a known issue for the 6MT)
4. Entire tranny (6th gear synchro went bad, they replaced the entire tranny instead of rebuilding)
5. The relay switch for the clutch to enable the push start (Sorry I forgot the part name, but basically Id push the start button and the car wouldn't even attempt to start, it would just go to "acc or on".
7. Dashboard section over the steering wheel (Known for warping so they replaced it)
Old 12-07-2013, 07:46 AM
chanu
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Cracked catalytic converter ($1200)
2. Steering wheel trip due to pealing.
3. Shift **** due to pealing chrome.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
I used it one time due to the oil pan leaking. It turned out to be just the gasket.
Next time I stop by the dealer I'll have them replace the hood struts. (Also covered).

g/l
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had sub frame bushing/ mounts replaced twice. One with manufacturer and the other with extended warranty. They're like$1100 each service.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:40 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
If you have a zero deductible, use it for anything warranty related. Mine has a $100 deductible. Repair better cost more than $100
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

0 deduct
Old 12-08-2013, 03:04 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Not a diss but whats the point in getting and extended warranty with 0 deductible? From a mathematical standpoint the actuaries are pretty sure that nothing or atleast more people will have no problems than those who will actually have problems hence the fact that they're selling ext. warranties.

In this case you'd want the highest deductible that you can afford no?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

When I go the warranty the cost for the $0 deductible compared to the cost for $100 was not a big difference.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Just curious about this Infiniti Elite warranty.

So is this warranty actually backed by Infiniti? Or is it an outside company?

Is this the same as buying an Infiniti Certified used vehicle?

Is this available to be purchased at any Infiniti dealership any for used Infiniti?

I've been looking at Certified Pre-owned Infinities, but they seem to be at least a couple grand more expensive than similar, non certified Infinities.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 AM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCo1

Is this available to be purchased at any Infiniti dealership any for used Infiniti?

I've been looking at Certified Pre-owned Infinities, but they seem to be at least a couple grand more expensive than similar, non certified Infinities.

Its from Infiniti.

The CPO warranty does not include some things that the Elite does... mainly speakers/nav unit.

You can put an elite warranty on any infiniti less then 100K and 8 years from inservice date... priced accordingly.
The following users liked this post:
WillCo1 (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 11:56 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NJ Torque
Its from Infiniti.

The CPO warranty does not include some things that the Elite does... mainly speakers/nav unit.

You can put an elite warranty on any infiniti less then 100K and 8 years from inservice date... priced accordingly.

Ah, I see.

But do I have to buy the pre-owned Infiniti at an Infiniti dealership?

Or can I buy it anywhere and just purchase the Elite Warranty from Infiniti?

Thanks!!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WillCo1

The basic CPO is more than a power train warranty, but is not a bumper to bumper (not an extension of the original 48mo/60k). CPO does not cover any upgraded technology such as Bose Audio, Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, back up camera, etc...The purpose for upgrading the basic CPO is to give you more coverage for a longer term. It can be transferred to a new owner to add value to the car or it can be canceled at any time for a pro-rated refund (no matter the reason...trading, total loss, etc). It will cover all the upgraded technology.

btw, in case yo decide to get the extended warranty make sure its a Infiniti warranty and not a third party warranty.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:13 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gio37
The basic CPO is more than a power train warranty, but is not a bumper to bumper (not an extension of the original 48mo/60k). CPO does not cover any upgraded technology such as Bose Audio, Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, back up camera, etc...The purpose for upgrading the basic CPO is to give you more coverage for a longer term. It can be transferred to a new owner to add value to the car or it can be canceled at any time for a pro-rated refund (no matter the reason...trading, total loss, etc). It will cover all the upgraded technology.

btw, in case yo decide to get the extended warranty make sure its a Infiniti warranty and not a third party warranty.
Hmm. The CPO warranty doesn't seem that great compared to the Elite Extended warranty. If only the basics (power train etc.) are covered with the CPO. And CPO Infinitis seem to be piced at least 2 or 3 grand more than similar non-CPO Infinitis.

Seems one would be better off just finding a used Infiniti at a good price and purchasing the Elite Extended warranty from Infiniti.

And yeah, I've heard about those 3rd party after market warranties being garbage.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You realize you're simply paying your deductible up front right? Its like prepaying on a lease.

Quick Reply: Elite Warranty - Have you used it?