G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Heart Broken.. will she ever be the same?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Kkitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart Broken.. will she ever be the same?

Ok so last month, I had a stupid lady run a stop sign.. and well of course it screwed up my baby when i hit her. 9700 later (thank god for insurance) She is SUPPOSE to be fixed. Wel she looks good cept one small flaw in the paint which will be an easy fix, but thats not my biggest issue.
She is now squirly.
No, her tires are not bald no im not driving on ice, no they are not over/underinflated... but she is down right squirly.

When I was pulling out onto the freeway, i gave her a bit of gas.. but not enough for her back end to try and jump out of underneath me like that.

My problem is this. Will she EVER be able to get that back? make her solid again. Also when I go up to the shop to talk to them I want to have a few things specifically to point out to them about it so they don't think I'm just being a pain in the ***.. What other than alignment could be some possible causes of this?

Now keep in mind it was a FRONT END ACCIDENT and it is my back end that is getting loose (of course).

But if I cant fix this Im going to hve to find a way to sell her, because I don't want to be afraid my car is going to jump out of underneath me every time a go around a corner using any gas at all.. I don't want a grandma car :<

I just want to cry my little girl is fd up...but I might settle for punching the stupid person who doesn't know how to stop... that might help my mood :P~
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
It could be your unibody or your alignment. They may not have gotten one or the other (possibly both) back into spec. In this day and age they can fix this kind of damage fairly well most of the time, but some shops will never get it back right.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Good luck, like Tazicon stated, an alignment might get the issue resolved. My G was in a severe T-bone back in the spring, took 6 weeks to fix but luckily it drives as true as day 1. Hope you get your ride back the way it was, got any pics of the damage?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Similar thing happened to me with my old prelude. Some one (hit and run) smashed my car while parked at gym. Crazy front end damage. It never felt right after, there was supposedly no frame damage, but who knows. I would keep hounding insurance co. Until it feels right, if it doesn't get there, tell them your going to file suit and they may just fold and total your your car. Fighting a claim like this isn't worth the time or money for the insurance co. it would cost to get you into a new G. Just a pair of pennies from a guy who works in auto insurance. If that doesn't work, leave it in a shady part of town w/ the doors unlocked! JK....