Sponsored By:

What comes after your G37 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,723 Likes on 3,528 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCo1
So it seems as if upgrading the clutch pedal assembly is a must on these cars. At the very least, replace the spring in the clutch pedal.
Read this thread; he still sells them. Best $20 you'll ever spend on the 6MT.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...g-for-6mt.html

However, for a serious change to pedal feel and drive-ability, this replacement assembly is apparently liked, a lot, by everyone who gets it:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...r-g37-6mt.html
The following users liked this post:
WillCo1 (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
The only other car I have thought about is the 335 sedan .
Don't think I'll leave the G tho . An the new 335 went single turbo ? Why
Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 AM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
The only other car I have thought about is the 335 sedan .
Don't think I'll leave the G tho . An the new 335 went single turbo ? Why
Yeah the newer N55 engine is a single twin scroll turbo instead of the twin turbo in the N54. I've driven both and the N55 felt just as fine to me stock but it is not nearly as easy to tune it for massive power like the N54 was. I hear N55s are supposed to be more reliable than the horrible N54s. I liked the 335, but the reliability is just atrocious. I guess it's a car you lease or buy with extended warranty, not practical to own without one.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:10 AM
halfshaft

Originally Posted by WillCo1
I think you're right halfshaft. I've been driving a big Toyota Sequoia for the past few years. And I think my sense of driving enjoyment has been dulled by driving this big comfy beast.

I really think I would regret buying an auto G. I have always been a huge auto enthusiast and would have never even considered buying a sports coupe with automatic. (no offense to those with an auto)

I need to get my drivers spirit back and go with the 6MT!! Haha.

And really, I'm not in stop and go traffic that much to where a manual would become a big issue.

If this was my daily commute, I might reconsider:
Are you planning on getting rid of the Sequoia when you get a G? Will the G be your only car?

Originally Posted by Rochester
Read this thread; he still sells them. Best $20 you'll ever spend on the 6MT.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...g-for-6mt.html

However, for a serious change to pedal feel and drive-ability, this replacement assembly is apparently liked, a lot, by everyone who gets it:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...r-g37-6mt.html
Thanks for that link Rochester. I assume you bought the spring? How does it compare to the stock clutch feel? Does it really make that big of a difference?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,723 Likes on 3,528 Posts
Originally Posted by halfshaft
Thanks for that link Rochester. I assume you bought the spring? How does it compare to the stock clutch feel? Does it really make that big of a difference?
Hey, no problem. Glad to help. I installed jsolo's spring about a year ago.

Prior to swapping the clutch pedal spring, 1st and 2nd gear were so difficult to manage. There are all kinds of nuanced explanations in that thread, so I won't rehash it. But yes, it really does make that big of a difference.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
"What comes after your G37 Coupe?"

Women. Women come after my G37 coupe.
The following users liked this post:
NightInSeoul (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Polar_g37s

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Porsche 911 turbo...
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
subtleskeptic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sti -> g37 x s -> now looking for an s4
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by halfshaft
Are you planning on getting rid of the Sequoia when you get a G? Will the G be your only car?

No, we are keeping the Sequoia. It is getting up there in mileage at 127k. But it is still very reliable. Plus it is 4 wheel drive, for when I want to make a trip to the mountain for snowboarding.

The sequoia has been fine. But I work downtown and parking is a pain. My work parking lots feature small parking spaces. And many times no spaces are available at all, so I have to find somewhere else to park.

Not to mention I am the only one in the vehicle 98% of the time. No point in driving around a big SUV all by myself.

And it goes through gas pretty quickly. I think at worst, it gets like 13 MPG.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:43 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
"What comes after your G37 Coupe?"

Women. Women come after my G37 coupe
Well then the G is doing it's job.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Polar_g37s
Porsche 911 turbo...
Awesome car but costs a fortune to maintain. For starters, their reliability is not as high as a G. The replacement parts are much more expensive, and since all of the engine components are stuffed in the trunk, it's very difficult to access. In some cases you have to drop the engine to perform the work.
I considered owning a 911 Turbo, but after researching them and talking to a number of owners, I realized it wasn't worth it to risk having a repair bill in the thousands.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 PM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I know, after seeing numerous videos I'm really looking serious into the CLA AMG, just looks like a blast to drive and although the back seat is an afterthought it's posting M3 track times.
The new CLA AMG is a FRONT wheel drive platform with AWD added for the AMG power. Most reviewers agree that this is a budget Benz that does not have the ride, handling or general refinement of all the other cars in the lineup. The interior is also not the quality you would expect from a Benz.
If someone hasnt driven many luxury cars and doesnt know the difference, they may not mind. But I highly recommend driving other cars in this class before you decide to get the CLA.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 AM
desertmike680

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Next car = 2014 Honda Accord coupe V6 6MT. You guys who decide to get Audis, Mercedes or BMWs as next vehicles are douchebags. Sorry, but its the truth
Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 AM
halfshaft

Originally Posted by desertmike680
Next car = 2014 Honda Accord coupe V6 6MT. You guys who decide to get Audis, Mercedes or BMWs as next vehicles are douchebags. Sorry, but its the truth
Why are you downgrading to an accord?

Bit of a generalization to call everyone going for an Audi, Mercedes or BMW that?
Old 11-09-2013, 07:33 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by blackvr4tt
The new CLA AMG is a FRONT wheel drive platform with AWD added for the AMG power. Most reviewers agree that this is a budget Benz that does not have the ride, handling or general refinement of all the other cars in the lineup. The interior is also not the quality you would expect from a Benz.
If someone hasnt driven many luxury cars and doesnt know the difference, they may not mind. But I highly recommend driving other cars in this class before you decide to get the CLA.
It's one of several on my list, I'm sure there's been some corners cut but the few videos I've seen it really does get around the track pretty quick, especially the heads up vs. the 135i, just dusts that car in the twisties.

Originally Posted by desertmike680
Srsly I guess the truth has been spoken.

Quick Reply: What comes after your G37 Coupe?