G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What comes after your G37 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 PM
ShaneLaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased my 2009 G coupe a few months ago so its kind of hard to think what will come next. I am planning on having my G for a while so im even considering a project car in the near future. Although in the long run i would probably look at any of the following:
Mercedes c63 AMG
Porche Panamera Gts
Nissan 370z
Lexus ISF
Caddillac cts-v
Q60 if Infiniti offers some type of higher horsepower IPL package.(SC or TT maybe?)
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had my 08 over 3 years now, but I plan to keep my g for a while to. I've been looking at the cts-v though for transition to 4 doors.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:28 PM
SoccaBoi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i think we got what we wanted boys. well some of us lol Lexus coupe returns to U.S.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:40 PM
~Lefty~

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most likely my next purchase after my new home next fall.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ~Lefty~
Most likely my next purchase after my new home next fall.

I know, after seeing numerous videos I'm really looking serious into the CLA AMG, just looks like a blast to drive and although the back seat is an afterthought it's posting M3 track times.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Supremee
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just got my first 6mt, 2nd G, first Coupe in April (OB 6MT G37S Loaded)
(Had a auto sedan)

If I could do it again id get an M3. Really wish I did. So far so good tho. E92 M3 6MT is deff a next car.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Supremee
I just got my first 6mt, 2nd G, first Coupe in April (OB 6MT G37S Loaded)
(Had a auto sedan)

If I could do it again id get an M3. Really wish I did. So far so good tho. E92 M3 6MT is deff a next car.

Congrats on the 6MT Coupe.

Do you find the 6MT much more enjoyable to drive over the Auto? Is the 6MT annoying in heavy traffic?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,723 Likes on 3,528 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCo1
Is the 6MT annoying in heavy traffic?
With the OEM clutch pedal assembly, or even with just the OEM clutch pedal spring... yeah. This 6MT G37 sucks if you have to crawl in a traffic jam without ever leaving 2nd gear. It's not very forgiving.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
WillCo1 (11-08-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You're kidding, right? Unless backed into a corner by an adamant spouse, or endless traffic...

I know, I know. I'm just trying to convince myself that a 7AT would be the more prudent choice for me.

I know the driving experience is night and day when comparing auto to standard. I just don't want to regret buying an auto over a standard...or vice versa.

I even had a 2000 Maxima converted from auto to manual years ago. So believe me, I am trying my best to make the right choice here lol.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,723 Likes on 3,528 Posts
I actually went slow ninja on that post, deciding it wasn't worth it bringing up the MT vs. AT thing, and let sleeping dogs lie.

Oops. No offense.

I just don't want to regret buying an auto over a standard.
If you're worried about that regret, then it's a valid concern. Simple as that.
The following users liked this post:
Supremee (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Supremee
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on the 6MT Coupe.

Do you find the 6MT much more enjoyable to drive over the Auto? Is the 6MT annoying in heavy traffic?
Thanks. Honestly I LOVE IT. Deff fun to drive especially on the highway when you wanna rip it lol. But like I always tell people, its all about how much you can tolerate lol. Honestly doesn't bother me at all. Ill go in my brothers 335 looking for a clutch lol.

As far as traffic, Even though i'm in NY, i'm not really in a lot of traffic, but when I am, it does get annoying lol.

Worth it
Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Well, I've spent the last couple of days thinking I was going to buy a 370Z. I was very enticed by the sportscarness of it. And the mods are seemingly endless.

I thought I could live with the huge blind spots, no back seat, the overall smallness of the interior, the lack of luxury/creature comforts etc etc.

Then I noticed the 370Z For Sale section over at the 370Z forums. I saw many like new Zs for sale, many under 30k miles. I started to wonder why I was coming across so many used Zs online for sale with very low miles. And the sellers were continuing to lower the price until sold.

After a bit of research I came to these conclusions: Many people think at first the Z will be a great daily driver sports car, but come to the conclusion that the car is too much of a raw sports cars to have to live with day in and day out. So, it seams 1-2 years is pretty common for length of ownership.

Also, many people who keep the car long term have the Z as their week-end driver, and have something more practical for a daily driver.

I'm not saying I couldn't handle it, I just want something a bit more comfortable, something I will want to keep for a while. G37, once again seems to be the perfect compromise of sportiness and luxury I'm looking for.

But now I'm looking for a 6MT, traffic be dammed. I remember how much I hated my Maxima because it was an auto, I spent a bunch of money modding it but I still wasn't happy with it. and I don't want a car that I'm not completely happy with. I even shelled out around 3k to have it converted to a 5MT.

So a 6MT coupe is now in my sights.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
With the OEM clutch pedal assembly, or even with just the OEM clutch pedal spring... yeah. This 6MT G37 sucks if you have to crawl in a traffic jam without ever leaving 2nd gear. It's not very forgiving.

So it seems as if upgrading the clutch pedal assembly is a must on these cars. At the very least, replace the spring in the clutch pedal.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:44 AM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I've spent the last couple of days thinking I was going to buy a 370Z. I was very enticed by the sportscarness of it. And the mods are seemingly endless.

I thought I could live with the huge blind spots, no back seat, the overall smallness of the interior, the lack of luxury/creature comforts etc etc.

Then I noticed the 370Z For Sale section over at the 370Z forums. I saw many like new Zs for sale, many under 30k miles. I started to wonder why I was coming across so many used Zs online for sale with very low miles. And the sellers were continuing to lower the price until sold.

After a bit of research I came to these conclusions: Many people think at first the Z will be a great daily driver sports car, but come to the conclusion that the car is too much of a raw sports cars to have to live with day in and day out. So, it seams 1-2 years is pretty common for length of ownership.

Also, many people who keep the car long term have the Z as their week-end driver, and have something more practical for a daily driver.

I'm not saying I couldn't handle it, I just want something a bit more comfortable, something I will want to keep for a while. G37, once again seems to be the perfect compromise of sportiness and luxury I'm looking for.

But now I'm looking for a 6MT, traffic be dammed. I remember how much I hated my Maxima because it was an auto, I spent a bunch of money modding it but I still wasn't happy with it. and I don't want a car that I'm not completely happy with. I even shelled out around 3k to have it converted to a 5MT.

So a 6MT coupe is now in my sights.
Wilco, you know I was just in your shoes a couple weeks ago. 6MT FTW! I get the feeling that you enjoy truly driving a car and having some control but don't want the car to be a chore in traffic. I shared these concerns but honestly The G37S 6MT is still a blast to drive even though I drive it in plenty of traffic on a daily basis. Sure it takes more effort to drive but its just so rewarding to drive through a nice twisty road and that great satisfaction you get from rowing your own gears and nailing those rev matched downshifts. I think you should strongly consider the 6MT G37 .
Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by halfshaft
Wilco, you know I was just in your shoes a couple weeks ago. 6MT FTW! I get the feeling that you enjoy truly driving a car and having some control but don't want the car to be a chore in traffic. I shared these concerns but honestly The G37S 6MT is still a blast to drive even though I drive it in plenty of traffic on a daily basis. Sure it takes more effort to drive but its just so rewarding to drive through a nice twisty road and that great satisfaction you get from rowing your own gears and nailing those rev matched downshifts. I think you should strongly consider the 6MT G37 .

I think you're right halfshaft. I've been driving a big Toyota Sequoia for the past few years. And I think my sense of driving enjoyment has been dulled by driving this big comfy beast.

I really think I would regret buying an auto G. I have always been a huge auto enthusiast and would have never even considered buying a sports coupe with automatic. (no offense to those with an auto)

I need to get my drivers spirit back and go with the 6MT!! Haha.

And really, I'm not in stop and go traffic that much to where a manual would become a big issue.

If this was my daily commute, I might reconsider:

Quick Reply: What comes after your G37 Coupe?