Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

play music through bluetooth on g37

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
daghoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
play music through bluetooth on g37

I just got a 2008 g37 coupe journey and was wondering if anybody had discovered a way to play music through your phone via bluetooth. I have my phone set up but its only for calls which makes no sense, I know there has got to be a way to play music too.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help...
Old 10-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Scoobykim

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
won't work unless you have the 2010+ navi unit. There have been several members who have bought aftermarket bluetooth systems, but I'm not too familiar with that.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 PM
daghoe

thanks man, I will have to look into getting an aftermarket bluetooth system. See if that is not too much of a pain in the ***.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Audi_2_G37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup...buy one of these guys:
Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: MP3 Players & Accessories

and one of these guys:
Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories

I wired mine up to the cigarette adapter in the center console (the one under the lift up top) and then ran the wires down the driver side console and placed the bluetooth receiver right where my right knee would be.

Works perfectly and doesn't disrupt the bluetooth connection between the car and my phone for hands free calling. Couldnt be happier
The following users liked this post:
monytx (09-13-2014)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Brainchild

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Audi_2_G37x
yup...buy one of these guys: Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: MP3 Players & Accessories

and one of these guys: Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories

I wired mine up to the cigarette adapter in the center console (the one under the lift up top) and then ran the wires down the driver side console and placed the bluetooth receiver right where my right knee would be.

Works perfectly and doesn't disrupt the bluetooth connection between the car and my phone for hands free calling. Couldnt be happier
What year is your G? I have a 2008 Nav and would like to do this but want to confirm that this will work first.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM
daghoe

Originally Posted by Audi_2_G37x
yup...buy one of these guys:
Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: MP3 Players & Accessories

and one of these guys:
Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories

so the bluetooth device just hooks up to the rca ports on the G?? Right now I just use the rca ports as an aux and when I get a call the bluetooth wont go through have to unplug phone, so its really getting on my nerves?

Do you have to mess with any setting on the G? or would it just be used under aux setting?

thanks again
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Audi_2_G37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2009 with the navi. I had the same problem as you for a while. I wanted to play my pandora through my car without having a stupid cable connected to my phone.

And yes, the bluetooth device comes with the RCA cables that you need to hook it up, which is really nice. And you use the AUX setting to play the music.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 AM
daghoe

Thanks again man.. Just ordered those products.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Here is the easy step by step on how I did it on my 09 G37x

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...aux-input.html

David
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Thanks David looks like I might do this as well
Old 10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Ctyleripl93
Registered Member

I have a 2011 ipl 6mt and I can't get it to play music it has a USB port an a cigarette lighter and I plugged my iphone5 into the USB put pandora on an it doesn't play through the car also does it save songs only through downloading them or can you like save songs from a cd?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
nyc2sd30

I have a newer G but still use the USB just because I am always charging my phone when in the car anyway. Remember streaming music over bluetooth uses a lot of battery
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 PM
*ICE*
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
Nice, will try this method out. Anyone know we can get a 3.5mm input adapter for the OEM aux inputs?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by *ICE*
Nice, will try this method out. Anyone know we can get a 3.5mm input adapter for the OEM aux inputs?
Anywhere, walmart, target, radio shack for a few bucks
Old 12-02-2013, 11:31 AM
TommyBluez

BUMP.

Anyone found a bluetooth receiver that hooks to the stock Ipod cable but will accept a bluetooth stream from android? (And have AVRCP/Audio Steering Controls Work)

Quick Reply: play music through bluetooth on g37