Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 G37S coupe vs. 2011 G37xS coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 AM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SPDCRZ
Well whatever you read halfshaft is against the truth.

I have the xs and actually have more options then my friends full loaded g.

The only difference may be the tires and the ride height.

Maybe if you are in the USA it may be a bit different, but in Canada all sport models have the same sport tuned steering.
I think you are right.

The data that said the awd sport did not have sport steering was from motortrend, I think it is some kind of mistake or error. The pdf that I posted above I'm pretty sure came straight from Infiniti and it does agree with you that the g37xS has all the same goodies including sport tuned steering. The only difference is it does not have staggered wheel setup. G37xS has 19x8.5 wheels all around with the same tires on all wheels. Kind of useful I guess, can do tire rotations.

The stock 225s sound kind of small, are you guys running 225s all around or are you using wider tires? Can the 19x8.5 wheels take 245s or 235s all around?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 AM
budiu22

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
from personal experience,

i owned a 2008 G37S stick for 2 years.

and i now own a 2012 G37xS for about a year.

I prefer the G37xS.

Stick shift is fun and all, but over time its nothing special.

The only real thing i miss is the E brake on my right hand for having fun at times.

But i like playing with the pedal shifters behind the steering wheel.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 AM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by budiu22
from personal experience,

i owned a 2008 G37S stick for 2 years.

and i now own a 2012 G37xS for about a year.

I prefer the G37xS.

Stick shift is fun and all, but over time its nothing special.

The only real thing i miss is the E brake on my right hand for having fun at times.

But i like playing with the pedal shifters behind the steering wheel.

I'm interested in hearing what you think about the handling and driving differences between the S and xS when pushed hard. I think its safe to say they feel mostly the same in normal driving.

Last edited by halfshaft; 09-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Humza Baloch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you drive with the vdc off you will notice much less understeer. You can easily kick out the wheels in the xs.

Although realize that awd does understeer and rwd does oversteer. I have driven both and own a xs coupe and love it. I even installed a switch to turn off the awd so I can drive with just the rwd if I want.
How and where can I get that done??
Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by halfshaft
I think you are right.

The data that said the awd sport did not have sport steering was from motortrend, I think it is some kind of mistake or error. The pdf that I posted above I'm pretty sure came straight from Infiniti and it does agree with you that the g37xS has all the same goodies including sport tuned steering. The only difference is it does not have staggered wheel setup. G37xS has 19x8.5 wheels all around with the same tires on all wheels. Kind of useful I guess, can do tire rotations.

The stock 225s sound kind of small, are you guys running 225s all around or are you using wider tires? Can the 19x8.5 wheels take 245s or 235s all around?

I believe Infiniti contradicts themselves on this package. This is a copy/paste from the current specs for the Q60, which was only a rebadge of the outgoing G37 coupe. According to this you can add the sport steering to a journey with the sport package, but not an AWD.

And oddly enough, here is what Infiniti Canada lists:

Last edited by Ryne; 12-04-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The only real advantage I see of AWD on G's is snow. If you live in a snow zone like I do, the AWD Coupe is a pretty good compromise because you get most of the sport goodies and the AWD is about the least intrusive that I've seen. So the major penalty is weight and maybe a bit of fuel mileage. For the sedan its a different deal ... the xS is "sport appearance only.=" Pretty drastic handling difference in S vs. xS sedans. I've owned both (and also had use of an S coupe for a short time).
Old 12-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Sixtus
2010 X Coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had both, there's a lot of snow where I live so I need the X. If you don't then just go S. It handles better, more fun, way lower, looks much better.

Good Luck
Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 PM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
its funny to have people who don't have a awd model talk about an awd model.

The fact is unless you have one or had a recent model one, you simply don't know. Books and reports say things, but until your in it yourself and get use to the handling, you just don't know how it truly handles No offense. If you do have an awd model then great!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
its funny to have people who don't have a awd model talk about an awd model.

The fact is unless you have one or had a recent model one, you simply don't know. Books and reports say things, but until your in it yourself and get use to the handling, you just don't know how it truly handles No offense. If you do have an awd model then great!

This is pretty true. I have driven the 6MT coupe, G37S coupe auto, and own an X coupe and there are some serious differences in driving characteristics. The AWD will still let you have fun, but in a more controlled manner. Driving in the rain with a RWD coupe on summer tires is more concerning to me than driving in snow with the X on all seasons. Just my personal experience/opinion.