Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Heavy Rain= Passenger floor soaked- Problem solved

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM
DJMAC

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Heavy Rain= Passenger floor soaked- Problem solved

Had quite the storm here last week and woke up to water sitting above the carpet on the passenger side. Mild panic attack, I removed the seat, carpet and dash to find out what happened. It appears that the front windshield was replaced and the "batten" used in the cowling was not properly put back in. Water flowed heavy enough to force its way under the batten and dropped straight into the air intake. I find it odd though that there are no rubber seals around the air intake as a backup (I made my own seal now). The water flowed into my cabin air filter and then sat in the blower and dumped onto the carpet. Everything has been shampooed and cleaned up but just wanted to share my experience...

Now that very small leak down the tweeter on the passenger side issue... I think the weather stripping isn't pushing against the window enough. I noticed a plastic piece that was snapped that helped secure it to the door from the inside. Next project will keep you posted.

Mac
Attached Thumbnails Heavy Rain= Passenger floor soaked- Problem solved-20130627_130153.jpg   Heavy Rain= Passenger floor soaked- Problem solved-20130626_190138.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DJMAC

Now that very small leak down the tweeter on the passenger side issue... I think the weather stripping isn't pushing against the window enough. I noticed a plastic piece that was snapped that helped secure it to the door from the inside. Next project will keep you posted.

Mac
I have a leak on the tweeter just as you stated. Took it to the dealership which stated that the weather stripping had to be replaced for $250 (out of warranty). Hopefully its just a plastic piece that you suspect. subscribed for updates.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
MikeKiloDelta

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I think this is what happened to a friend's Altima coupe. She took it to the dealer and they had no idea what happened. Dealer didn't know either...
Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 PM
atlg37ss
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJMAC
Had quite the storm here last week and woke up to water sitting above the carpet on the passenger side. Mild panic attack, I removed the seat, carpet and dash to find out what happened. It appears that the front windshield was replaced and the "batten" used in the cowling was not properly put back in. Water flowed heavy enough to force its way under the batten and dropped straight into the air intake. I find it odd though that there are no rubber seals around the air intake as a backup (I made my own seal now). The water flowed into my cabin air filter and then sat in the blower and dumped onto the carpet. Everything has been shampooed and cleaned up but just wanted to share my experience...

Mac
i AM having the same exact issue, can tell me how you made the seal?
Old 02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
DJMAC

Hi just used a windshield sealant (the black stuff glass shops use). Made sure no gaps from the windshield to cowling. For the tweeter leak I need to wait till summer ....
The following users liked this post:
atlg37ss (02-14-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:31 PM
mikey_mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates on your tweeter leak?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:11 PM
DJMAC

Sorry, I just glued the broken clip back together. Its not permanent, but its holding up.

I can't find just the clips to buy, You need to buy the whole rubber casing...