Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Entitled to a buyback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:05 AM
StangChang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entitled to a buyback?

Hey guys so about a year ago I started having issues with my car and it randomly throwing me into limp mode. I took it to the dealership and they reset the ecu and that apparently fixed it so they gave it back. Then approx. 6 moths later the problem came back but it was significantly worse. I took it back and they found oil leaks in my engine and replaced the valve cover and some other things. So I got the car back and everything seemed fine but a hail storm hits about a week in forcing me to file a insurance claim. So I took it to the same dealership because they had a bodyshop and had them fix everything. About a month later I get my car back from the body shop (not an great job btw) and I drive it around for less than a week when the engine overheats on me(temp gauge was all the way on H). So I get the car towed back to the dealership and they tell me a radiator hose got unplugged and all my coolant got leaked out which caused the overheating and they are currently working on fixing it now. So I my question is do you guys think I'm entitled to a buyback? I feel like the integrity of my engine is pretty much screwed at the point having ran with bad oil leaks and no coolant. Also to top it all off my warranty ends later this year it being a 2009 g37s. So please let me know what you guys think I really feel like at this point its a safety concern because it just dies on me randomly.

Edit: sorry I intended on posting this in the general section can a mod delete this please

Last edited by StangChang; 05-13-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe the power-train warranty is good for 6 years. Check with the Infiniti Dealership.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 AM
StangChang

yeah I think your right but I would rather just try and get a buyback now then go through all the hassle of letting them try to fix it. I mean the engine overheated pretty bad and I know that the g37 has an aluminum engine so there's a pretty high possibility I warped my cylinder heads. When I talked to the dealership they said that it wasn't a big deal and they just refilled the coolant and replaced a rear crossmember? for oil leaks.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
No. Various unrelated issues that each happened at different times don't entitle you to a buy back
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 AM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Car is too old for a buy back.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Doesn't sound like it.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Doc750

not buy bad from manuf. but you should be looking for something from dealer. in the end will not be worth the fight.

deal with it/enjoy it ... or .. sell it/move on.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe each state has their own laws regarding consumer situations like this. It would not classify as a lemon law buy back. The fact that they forgot to plug the hose back in could help your case, but it will be questioned why it took a week for the car to over heat when it should have on the way home. If you really want to pursue a buyback, the best advice anyone will give you is: Go speak with an attorney and let him look into the issue.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
I don't think the hose was not plugged in but not fastened right... Tech forgot to tighten the clamp down and slowly leaked till it got hot enough to expand and pop... thats a Dealership claim... but agree with the Comment above yet too look into the State lemon law or even contact Infiniti USA... Their consumer affairs can help...
I had a Audi similar to this and Audi USA forced the Dealership to buy back my car and give me a New one plus Cash on top to get into my S6 a few years ago... Audi Usa even dropped the car price wise and ot was a Steal!
Press the issue with the Dealership if they did the work ... they are liable for their mechanics mistakes!

Good luck op I felt your pain on that....
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
If it were my car I would agree that all these issues would make it a lemon in my mind, but as BB said they are not related. If it were the same issue three times and they are not able to fix it, then the buy back might start.

The alternative is once it is fixed sell it off and look for another. You dont want to deal with more mechanical failures out of pocket.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Merged threads.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Check your state Lemon Laws but it sounds like you are not qualified .... they usually go something like this:

Car has been in the shop xx days straight for same issue
Car has been back to the shop xx times to resolve the same issue
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
nbast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If the dealer caused it to over heat, you might be able to get them to discount an extended warranty.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
StangChang

Yeah I didnt really think it fell under the lemon law but I definitely feel like I was wronged here somehow. My car is bought and registered in Texas but im in Oklahoma for school. The problems occurred while I was in Oklahoma so I brought it to an Oklahoma dealership. Not sure which states laws I should be looking into. I talked to infiniti consumer affairs and had they setup a claim this morning. I'm going to the dealership later today to pick up the car because apparently they are done with the repairs. I think im just gona wait to see what infiniti USA has to say about it then if I get denied find a lawyer. I really do feel like I should get a buyback due to safety concerns. I mean its died on me/ thrown me into limp mode multiple times, twice on the highway and I don't know if yall have ever tried to get back on a highway from the shoulder in limp mode but its not exactly the safest thing. Thanks for the help guys let me know if yall think of anything else.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Be sure to post what your lawyer says about it (if you can) if it goes that way. I'm curious.

Quick Reply: Entitled to a buyback?