Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
sport is the only way to go.

bbks, lsd rear end, nicer seats, etc etc etc
The following users liked this post:
phxflyboy (04-29-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im soon getting a G37 or g37s too....Im really looking for a g37s because of the seats..I'm going to mod my car so I'm not worried about the bumpers/paddle shifters/ wheels..because they can be added at your own expense. But I want those seats...Do the seats just move up? What can the g37s seats do that the g37 seats can't? I haven't seen a g37 in real life but have seen a g37s.

Phx you sound like a daily driver for work and stuff. I suggest you go with whatever fits you financial needs, if your not going to mod your car, to me it doesn't matter than. You will still look good driving both.
The following users liked this post:
phxflyboy (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 AM
phxflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ko3r
Im soon getting a G37 or g37s too....Im really looking for a g37s because of the seats..I'm going to mod my car so I'm not worried about the bumpers/paddle shifters/ wheels..because they can be added at your own expense. But I want those seats...Do the seats just move up? What can the g37s seats do that the g37 seats can't? I haven't seen a g37 in real life but have seen a g37s.

Phx you sound like a daily driver for work and stuff. I suggest you go with whatever fits you financial needs, if your not going to mod your car, to me it doesn't matter than. You will still look good driving both.
You're right about the "daily driver" comment, mostly to and from work, errands on the weekend, etc. I make the occasional Vegas trip (4 hours each way) but am waiting to get through the break-in period. But after having this car for all of 4 days, I think there may be more road trips in my future. I am seriously loving this thing.

Reference the Sport seats, they are pretty much the same as the non-Sport, looks wise, but they add adjustable thigh and torso bolsters and an extendable front portion for under your thighs. They are perforated leather, not sure if the non-Sport ones are. I listened to everyone on here and went with the Sport model and am SOOOOOO glad I did. I would urge you to as well, if you're on the fence about it

phxflyboy
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Scoobykim

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
^ Wish I had the Sport! I have the X cause I live out in NY, much needed in the winter
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@Scooby – you could have gone the xS route.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM
JigzMan

Great Choice!

When I started reading this thread from the beginning, I was hoping you would get the sport.

*If you love how it looks when you drive past one, there will already be a slight regret if you got the journey instead.

* Plus the fact that you wouldn't mod it yourself since you are on a lease, you might as well get the best looking one out there

* Like some have mentioned, sport ride is not tough. Only concern about this is if you have kids or a wife that wishes you get a minivan because they hate rough roads.

I had an 09 G37S 6MT. Loved it so much only the IPL had made me let go of it. The responsiveness of S makes up for the slightly sensitive bumps on rough roads.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
phxflyboy

Originally Posted by JigzMan
When I started reading this thread from the beginning, I was hoping you would get the sport.

*If you love how it looks when you drive past one, there will already be a slight regret if you got the journey instead.

* Plus the fact that you wouldn't mod it yourself since you are on a lease, you might as well get the best looking one out there

* Like some have mentioned, sport ride is not tough. Only concern about this is if you have kids or a wife that wishes you get a minivan because they hate rough roads.

I had an 09 G37S 6MT. Loved it so much only the IPL had made me let go of it. The responsiveness of S makes up for the slightly sensitive bumps on rough roads.
You are right on all accounts. Except the minivan part. My only child is almost 20 and has his own car. The wife drives a 2012 Beetle Turbo and would never be caught dead in a minivan. In fact, after driving mine for the first time the other day she said, "Can I get one, too?" I'm now in week 4 of ownership of my G37S and still think it may be my favorite car I've ever owned. The ride is definitely not too firm, pretty much perfect. I have almost no complaints, any issues I have are so minor they're not worth mentioning, but I will. I miss the "3 flash" turn signal function that all my German cars have had, the unadjustable seatbelt height is a little bit uncomfortable, and...well, I think that's the entire list of my complaints. Zero regrets, absolutely love this thing.

phxflyboy
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
As with many other things around here, it’s a personal choice based on one’s driving habits and style. I chose a Journey mainly because the sport seats at the time were uncomfortable and seemed too high when compared to the Journey seats. I also don’t drive like a kid anymore and appreciate a softer ride.

I certainly do not miss the paddles, as my wife’s IS250 has them and they are never used. I prefer my hand on the shift lever like in the old days when I drove a manual. Another Journey benefit for me is that all four tires are the same size, allowing for simple front/rear rotation, adding to longer tire life and quietness.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:45 PM
JigzMan

Originally Posted by phxflyboy
You are right on all accounts. Except the minivan part. My only child is almost 20 and has his own car. The wife drives a 2012 Beetle Turbo and would never be caught dead in a minivan. In fact, after driving mine for the first time the other day she said, "Can I get one, too?" I'm now in week 4 of ownership of my G37S and still think it may be my favorite car I've ever owned. The ride is definitely not too firm, pretty much perfect. I have almost no complaints, any issues I have are so minor they're not worth mentioning, but I will. I miss the "3 flash" turn signal function that all my German cars have had, the unadjustable seatbelt height is a little bit uncomfortable, and...well, I think that's the entire list of my complaints. Zero regrets, absolutely love this thing.

phxflyboy
That was an IF (if you had a family that preferred otherwise) which of course could be the other way around. In any case, congrats on your car and enjoy it!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:59 PM
phxflyboy

Originally Posted by JigzMan
That was an IF (if you had a family that preferred otherwise) which of course could be the other way around. In any case, congrats on your car and enjoy it!
Yeah, I know, just messing with ya. Thanks, I am and will certainly continue to enjoy it!

phxflyboy
Old 05-25-2013, 05:34 PM
1G372nv

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Glad you're happen with your decision! Since you werent planning on modding the S was better choice. Congrats!