JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That looked like mine and ended up in 10k in damages
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nassiris90
Unfortunately, the carfax will be impacted as it's been reported and claimed. However, my brother was in an accident with his car (very minor) and demanded and RECEIVED an extra few thousand dollars from insurance as compensation for loss of resale value. Loss of value is my main concern, and hopefully I can get appropriate compensation.
That all depends on who is found at fault. If someone else is at fault for your accident, you can claim diminished value.
But if it is yourself at fault, your insurance company is not going to give you money for diminished value.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
^^The term you're looking for is diminished value.

$9K in damages, while not a complete total, is not a fender bender either. 25% of msrp, give or take, or more. I'd definitely be seeking some sort of compensation for diminished value.

Has fault been assigned to the front leading driver?
Curious why the fault would be to the first car? People are supposed to give enough room when following others...
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
weird60625

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first car should be the only one that not at fault in this chain
Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I use to work at a body shop...
Just a FYI...have your insurance adjuster come out to your house, or if they direct you to take it too one of their shop have them look at it and CUT YOU OUT THE CHECK...
Then walk into one of your local, well known, quality body shops...let them know that you are doing this OUT OF POCKET...usually they have two different rates
1)Out of Pocket- where they are suppose too help you out
2)Insurance quote-Where they try to squeeze as much money out of the insurance company
So get the check in your pocket!
Good Luck
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 AM
FlState

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OB G
Glad you came out unharmed. That's all that matters.

To answer your question, yes. Most shops should let you upgrade your bumpers, since it's just an OEM part. If there's a premium, you'll just have to pay out of pocket for that. I've gone through insurance in upgrading a couple items - deer destroyed my front end, upgraded to aero front; got side swiped in a parking lot, upgraded to aero sides.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the styrofoam padding behind the bumper looks like teeth now that it's sticking out?
You're correct, the car looks like it's hungry and is sticking his teeth out. Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 AM
G37FrEEk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck bro
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM
nassiris90

Just got an update fellas, the G will be ready for pick up from the body shop tomorrow. Hopefully the fresh paint wont get chipped off on the 3 hour commute from Dallas to Austin!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
jaykellogg

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great you have it fixed, thanks for the update.

Be sure to wash off any bugs from the fresh paint. The acid in the bug's bodies will etch fresh paint. I know, it happened to me!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Qi Hu

That hurts,but give you reason change bumper
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 AM
nassiris90

Originally Posted by jaykellogg
Great you have it fixed, thanks for the update.

Be sure to wash off any bugs from the fresh paint. The acid in the bug's bodies will etch fresh paint. I know, it happened to me!

Oh man thats no bueno, thanks for the heads up. My brother will be driving it to from Dallas to Austin on Friday, and I've already made sure that he buys plenty of blue painters tape to mask off the front end. I hope that doesn't have any adverse side effects on the relatively fresh paint.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
mr_nlu
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i did not expect your damages to be that expensive but damn! i literally just got in an accident yesterday and looks like the whole driver side of the car is going to need to be fixed/replaced including the door. maybe i can file a diminished value claim :/
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
Sorry.

Hopefully everyone is ok.

Although, doesn't look like $2500 in damage, so you might not see anything on the carfax.
Here's to crossing the fingers.

Good luck.
Ouch sorry man,, Car price just dropped 10K

$2500?? Who told you that, My wife car was backed into( Drivers quater panel) at 4am no one around, Person left a note and had their INS pay to fix it $850. She went to trade the car in an the carfax said" Front end damage" Accident,, said they car was only worth 20k?? Mind you this is a 2010X sedan with only 18k miles

Sorry man hope it get fixed as good as new
Old 03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
nassiris90

Originally Posted by Nickuhplease
i did not expect your damages to be that expensive but damn! i literally just got in an accident yesterday and looks like the whole driver side of the car is going to need to be fixed/replaced including the door. maybe i can file a diminished value claim :/
Ya I never expected it to cost so much. By the sound of it, someone hit you, thus they're at fault. So yes, you should definitely file for diminished value!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM
nassiris90

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Ouch sorry man,, Car price just dropped 10K

$2500?? Who told you that, My wife car was backed into( Drivers quater panel) at 4am no one around, Person left a note and had their INS pay to fix it $850. She went to trade the car in an the carfax said" Front end damage" Accident,, said they car was only worth 20k?? Mind you this is a 2010X sedan with only 18k miles

Sorry man hope it get fixed as good as new
Well thats pretty disheartening to hear how much value my car may of lost. But I cant believe they valued it at 20K! Thats ridiculous. I hope you can find a better deal for it somewhere, good luck!

Quick Reply: Goodbye Clean Title....