G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Baby blue G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Color is subjective, I did this color because I love blue. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it horrible.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Agreed but just because you love it, doesn't make it wonderful. Don't post pics if you don't want opinions. You are looking for validation, some like it and some don't ..... don't take it personally, it's your car and while this remains a free country (for now), that's all that matters. Don't put a pistol grip or picatiny rail on it or it will become illegal.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Agreed but just because you love it, doesn't make it wonderful. Don't post pics if you don't want opinions. You are looking for validation, some like it and some don't ..... don't take it personally, it's your car and while this remains a free country (for now), that's all that matters. Don't put a pistol grip or picatiny rail on it or it will become illegal.
Havne't said anything to those who said they don't like it, responded to yours directly because you stated that the color is horrible as if it were a fact.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
When I first saw the pics I thought it was wrapped...I didn't realize it was plasti-dip until I saw the over-spray on the ground and read the OP. Looks like you did a good job with it. That being said I'm not a fan of the color on a G at all. I don't think the styling of the G is aggressive enough to pull off such a bold color. Bold colors should be left to the exotics IMHO
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
When I first saw the pics I thought it was wrapped...I didn't realize it was plasti-dip until I saw the over-spray on the ground and read the OP. Looks like you did a good job with it. That being said I'm not a fan of the color on a G at all. I don't think the styling of the G is aggressive enough to pull off such a bold color. Bold colors should be left to the exotics IMHO
thanks lol, needed a bold color for business promotion though
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
solarg37

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
what happens if you sell the car ?

im not a fan but it is unique i guess thats what your going for,

from far away it looks ok, still need some nice rims and a drop
Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I would imagine he could just peel it off if he sold the car it the new owner wanted him to.

And I agree with Sam....I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between vinyl and dip from the pictures if I didn't know it already. Probably be a different story actually being right there next to it though.

I still say props for pulling it ioff Jesse.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by jesse550
^ 6 coats. Please do educate yourself on the product, how it works, and what it does. Just because it's inexpensive doesn't make it ****ty. I bet 90% of the ones hating are only hating because it's inexpensive and wouldn't know the difference between this and a vinyl wrap. I work with cars 24/7 and I work with plasti dip 24/7 so I know its limitations. We'll see whose oem paint looks nicer in a few years

Just an FYi, vinyl wrapping paper can be bought for less than 600 bucks, close to the price of plasti dip, the majority of the price for a wrap comes from labor costs, and plasti dipping is pretty darn tedious too, I'd like to see you guys dip a whole car with flawless results since ya'll make it seem like it's so damn easy. I spent 10 hours on this project and I'm happy how it turned out so bite me

@ai3j50 I used about 6 coats maybe? Didn't really count but I used 3 full gallons.
for those are interested in more shots: here you go!

@CRV_33 I used a HVLP spray gun and some gallons of plasti dip, thanks man
Havne't said anything to those who said they don't like it, responded to yours directly because you stated that the color is horrible as if it were a fact.
We are of lesser creatures because we do not spend 24/7 with our plasitdip. You are so great. We all bow down to you, Car and Dip God. We are not worthy So please, teach us all a lesson and strike down those that do not like what color your car is or what you've done with dip. And PLEASE...keep making these threads so you can say the same thing and get the same praise or discontent. I don't even know why I waste time posting. Gahhhh....
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
daonlyillwiz

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Ill stand with 2008G-man, the color is pretty bad..especially on a g37 ESPECIALLY that a guy is driving it.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Rad_Slinger

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
We are of lesser creatures because we do not spend 24/7 with our plasitdip. You are so great. We all bow down to you, Car and Dip God. We are not worthy So please, teach us all a lesson and strike down those that do not like what color your car is or what you've done with dip. And PLEASE...keep making these threads so you can say the same thing and get the same praise or discontent. I don't even know why I waste time posting. Gahhhh....
Easy cheesy....breathe....breathe......now go to your happy place and do your happy dance........breathe.....breathe.....
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
farmurr

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Don't love the color or the method but props for kinda pulling it off.
what he said.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Rad_Slinger

All you guys that don't like it need to look at it drunk.

It looks way better when you're drunk....trust me, it grows on you after 4 or 12 beers.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
OK, next time I'll add IMHO .... I have to laugh at your signature, aren't you doing exactly that?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
jesse550

How does blue make it look race inspired?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Every kid got an "A" art class; that doesn't mean we're all artist. This was an idea that should have remained an idea and nothing more. Whether this is plasti-dip, was vinyl, Maaco, etc...it looks tacky. Infiniti (Nissan) has worked extremely hard to make the G series releveant again against it competitors. Inifiniti's are of luxury standards and this "work of ark" of yours just set us back a decade.

Quick Reply: Baby blue G37