Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Will I fit in a G37 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will I fit in a G37 coupe?

This is kind of a stupid question but I'm 6'3 and im 200 pounds. Will I fit in a G coupe? My dad will help me buy one for my 18th birthday but he HATES COUPE! After a long time, I got him to convince to a coupe...if he sees I don't fit in a coupe he will deny getting it right away...
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 AM
TheGanglyGoon

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
I am 6'4... 18 and 200 pounds also. You will fit just fine brotha! Congrats on your gift... I'm still paying for mine :/
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I'm 6'3" and 235. My inseam is 36", and I just brush the headliner. There is a seat mod to make the seat go a little lower. I haven't tried it as with the sun roof cover open I'm ok with the slight brush.

I have to disagree with getting this car at 18 .... this is a mature persons car, not an 18 year olds. I'm not saying your aren't responsible but I was 18 once and I have a son who was 18. The temptation is too much for that age. I'm not trying to be insulting but trying to be honest and realistic. Get a car that has less power, no matter how good of a driver you think you are ... you aren't.

A RWD drive car with this power will kick your a$$ when you least expect it, showing off for that girl or high school/college buddies. Frankly (IMHO) that's irresponsible for your dad to help you get a G37 at such an young age .... I pray he doesn't regret it one day.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 12-11-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 AM
ko3r

Originally Posted by TheGanglyGoon
I am 6'4... 18 and 200 pounds also. You will fit just fine brotha! Congrats on your gift... I'm still paying for mine :/
Thanks man! Not really a giftt ehhh, He'll help but I will also pay for it monthly. If you don't mind telling me, how much do you pay for your insurance? We are almost the same age and we live in the same state, so it might be similar price for me once I get it.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
ko3r

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I'm 6'3" and 235. My inseam is 36", and I just brush the headliner. There is a seat mod to make the seat go a little lower. I haven't tried it as with the sun roof cover open I'm ok with the slight brush.

I have to disagree with getting this car at 18 .... this is a mature persons car, not an 18 year olds. I'm not saying your aren't responsible but I was 18 once and I have a son who was 18. The temptation is too much for that age. I'm not trying to be insulting but trying to be honest and realistic. Get a car that has less power, no matter how good of a driver you think you are ... you aren't.

A RWD drive car with this power will kick your a$$ when you least expect it, showing off for that girl or high school/college buddies. Frankly (IMHO) that's irresponsible for your dad to help you get a G37 at such an young age .... I pray he doesn't regret it one day.

I drive a Nissan Altima 03 as of now...I think I already have a low power car lol
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 AM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm 19 and 5'11 at 180lbs. I honestly find there not to be enough head room. But my hair is spiky so you do have to factor in hairstyle. And I didn't want to set the seat too low since the hood of the G slopes down and the lower the go, the more vision that gets lost. But at your height, you will probably be sitting as low as the seat will go.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
No body can tell you how you fit other than yourself. Others might be similiar height/weight but that doesn't mean they'll fit the same way you will. Just go to a dealer and sit in one and see for yourself.

I can't imagine what insurance would be like for someone at 18 for a sports coupe. I know when I was younger when I got a sports coupe I paid a ton for insurance. Even now that I'm older I still consider it expensive.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Have you not gone to a dealership and sat in one? Best way is to test it out personally see if it suits you...
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 AM
TheGanglyGoon

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man

Even though 18 is a young age, and I am 18! I bought and paid for my coupe all on my own so I think I deserve it!

Originally Posted by ko3r
Thanks man! Not really a giftt ehhh, He'll help but I will also pay for it monthly. If you don't mind telling me, how much do you pay for your insurance? We are almost the same age and we live in the same state, so it might be similar price for me once I get it.
Yea man I don't care, I think my insurance is around 230 or so! All of my tickets never went on my record so that helped to keep it low
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 AM
mannyh316

Yes, Im 6"3 200lbs now. At one point I topped out at 300lbs and drove a coupe, what can I say I love coupes...
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 AM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by ko3r
I drive a Nissan Altima 03 as of now...I think I already have a low power car lol
You are missing my point ... but it's your situation and it's a free country (at least today it sorta is). Be smart and be safe.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It all really depends on what seating position you find comfortable. If you lean the seat back far enough you will fit just fine. The question is, once you are positioned far enough back so the pedals are in the right position and you aren't bumping the roof with your head, will you be able to get the steering wheel where it needs to be? If you can get all these things to work you are good to go. Do yourself a favor and leave VDC on while driving this car. This isn't the one you want to learn how to handle a RWD vehicle in. When I was a teenager I was learning how to drive in a V8 RWD buick electra station wagon with fake wood panels on the sides. I used to make the rear end slide all around in that thing, it was easy to do being so heavy. Of course we didn't have traction control or VDC back then...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You shouldn't have a problem fitting. I'm 6,2" 205lbs I didn't think I would fit because the G35 was too small for me, but one of my salesmen was 6'4" 250lbs and he fit no problem. As far as a seat mod goes...I can't imagine why you would need one...my seat lowers and raises with the push of a button as well as the traditional backward and forward. I have mines set all the way down...as low as it goes and I can see over the hood just fine. But you should definitely go sit in one and see for yourself.

oh...and my head is no where near the roof of the car...trust me...

Last edited by Only4theGnme; 12-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
2008G-Man

Well at 6'3" I brush the headliner .... all depends how long your upper torso is. The seat mod doesn't disable your power seats, it allows for a little more travel, that's all.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
6'2", 220, but the issue wasn't with my head brushing the headliner. The thigh bolsters are narrow (it is a Japanese car). I have a narrow waist, but large thighs. The thigh bolsters are right in the middle of my thighs (and it would have been worse if I had been going to the gym). It was a little uncomfortable on long trips. That's one reason I haven't driven it since August.

Go take a test drive without your pops there to see if you fit/find it comfortable.

All in all, I think the G is a great car. Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

Quick Reply: Will I fit in a G37 coupe?