G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Look what people did to my car !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nail polish remover = acetone. That'll eat at your paint like no other. Brake cleaner will do the same thing.

Best thing to do is to use some gas. Like 50 cents worth. If you're kinda lazy or scared even, get some hand sanitizer, put a drop on a microfiber, and wipe it off. Once you see the hand sanitizer start to dry, wash it off with water.

If you're kinda scared to do that too (you really shouldn't be), another alternative, which should probably be the "easiest on your fears", would be to get some cleaner wax from your local auto store and use that. After you cleaned most of it off with cleaner wax, you can use a clay bar to get rid of the small left over spots.

I don't work at a body shop. I've gotten rid of paint from my car before.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nail polish remover isn't strong enough to eat through the clear coat (unless you let it sit on there). You will be buffing it on, then wiping it off. No damage to the clear coat -- as I stated, I did this not one year ago to fix my wife's paint after her pearl white CRZ came into contact with a bottle of red spray paint.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
ellovesu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Cri. Got everything taking care of and ready to put mods on my babe !!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
You can also use Methyl Ethyl Ketone which is a good solvent but it doesn't hurt the paint. I've used this to remove the adhesive that is used on the Infiniti lettering on the back without any damage. However wear gloves and have plenty of ventilation while using this stuff. Very toxic to humans. Good luck.

Al
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
ellovesu

Originally Posted by Track Bandit
You can also use Methyl Ethyl Ketone which is a good solvent but it doesn't hurt the paint. I've used this to remove the adhesive that is used on the Infiniti lettering on the back without any damage. However wear gloves and have plenty of ventilation while using this stuff. Very toxic to humans. Good luck.

Al
Thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM
TeamCalvin

Ouch man.. Did you ever get it taken off? I'm still in high school, and sometimes I get door dinged.. It sucks..
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM
ellovesu

Originally Posted by TeamCalvin
Ouch man.. Did you ever get it taken off? I'm still in high school, and sometimes I get door dinged.. It sucks..
Yeah, I got the paint off the same day.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
dholmblad
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamCalvin
About 3 months into owning my old 350z someone door dinged me pretty bad. I am usually pretty paranoid and will take pictures of license plates around my gym. It was a white suv, i will find her someday....
Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 PM
TeamCalvin

Originally Posted by dholmblad
About 3 months into owning my old 350z someone door dinged me pretty bad. I am usually pretty paranoid and will take pictures of license plates around my gym. It was a white suv, i will find her someday....
Hahah, yeah man.. i feel you on that one! Now during school, I park in the very back even if i'm late!