Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 + optima battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
I have to agree.....I have used Optima yellow tops and red tops in my previous cars, and quality and reliability is the reason I keep coming back! Thanks for making a reputable product and standing behind them Optima!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
LftSdDrv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Emon Crew
Quality statement "we certainly want your business, but not before you need to give it to us"

BTW I just bought a red top battery from advanced auto parts with a $50 off coupon....enter DOTW52 for anyone else who wants to do the same.

Hey I think that code expired so I used code HUGE50 and received the same discount. Thanks dudes.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I tried a red top but it wouldn't fit.
I just installed my RedTop, it fits.

2 caveats:

You need to use the spacer that comes with it. They ship with the spacer on top of the battery. Put that spacer in first with the clips pointing up, then set the battery on top, the clips will clamp the base of the battery.

Secondly, the top hold down bracket is slightly too wide, but it was designed to be modified. It can be tweaked to be made narrower. Increase the bend in the middle, then straighten the ends parallel to the battery top.

The wipers and cowling do not have to be removed, just remove the battery cover, and master cylinder cover on the other side, remove the boxes/surrounds on both sides, remove the cowling clips, and just shift, and raise the cowling on the battery side.

Lastly, reset you window, and sunroof auto functions.
Roll the window all the way down, holding the switch, roll your window all the way up holding the switch, keep holding the switch for 3 seconds after it reaches the top. You will hear a distinct sound at the window when the auto function is calibrated. Same for the sunroof.
The following users liked this post:
Zelf24 (05-14-2023)
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another diy by tvpostsound. good stuff gonna pick up a red top, my battery(stock) is getting annoying. Thx btw my warrenty is up I didn't do the tsb for the vent thing, did I screw myself?...thx in advance
Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
I just installed my RedTop, it fits.

2 caveats:

You need to use the spacer that comes with it. They ship with the spacer on top of the battery. Put that spacer in first with the clips pointing up, then set the battery on top, the clips will clamp the base of the battery.

Secondly, the top hold down bracket is slightly too wide, but it was designed to be modified. It can be tweaked to be made narrower. Increase the bend in the middle, then straighten the ends parallel to the battery top.

The wipers and cowling do not have to be removed, just remove the battery cover, and master cylinder cover on the other side, remove the boxes/surrounds on both sides, remove the cowling clips, and just shift, and raise the cowling on the battery side.

Lastly, reset you window, and sunroof auto functions.
Roll the window all the way down, holding the switch, roll your window all the way up holding the switch, keep holding the switch for 3 seconds after it reaches the top. You will hear a distinct sound at the window when the auto function is calibrated. Same for the sunroof.
Nice battery install DIY TV.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

A Red Top with the $50 off/free shipping from Advanced is less than the warranty pro rated battery at the dealer (for me at least)!! Almost 3 years.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
Another diy by tvpostsound. good stuff gonna pick up a red top, my battery(stock) is getting annoying. Thx btw my warrenty is up I didn't do the tsb for the vent thing, did I screw myself?...thx in advance
My OEM battery went dead during an alignment, as the brake pedal depressor kept the taillights on.
Fully charged with the surface charge removed, I was at 11.7V
Trickle charged at 1 amp for 48 hours didn't help. !!
Had a sulfated cell.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM
boyomarga

As a long tike owner of the optima brand, I d recommend them to anyone.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 AM
strictlys

I owned a few optima yellows and reds. I personally use to sell auto batteries for over 5 years. I hate them... once they go low on charge it takes forever to bring it backup. The new batteries that are better then optimas are Die Hard Platinums which is also a Odyssey battery to begin with. AGM battery with great 4 year warranty. Just my personal opinion since I see so many batteries to begin with, but my g is a 2010, but I will replace with a Die Hard Platinum since I have a wholesale account.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
fyi, there's a coupon, DOW20, for 50 off $125 w/ FS at advanced auto parts right now.
went in for 1 redtop, i really hope it fits without too much crazy modifications, TVPOSTSOUND :]
Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ can you confirm that code please? i just entered DOW20 with no luck.

the wife's CRV needs a new battery so Optima has a Yellowtop that fits. i have a redtop in my G and so far so good!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i used it to purchase a redtop this morning.
it still seems to work on my end (i just tested it out in the shopping cart). orders over $75 get FS
Old 05-17-2013, 12:02 AM
RA081224
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by mcgrible
hello everyone,

My battery has failed on me 2 times within the past month and I'm starting to believe it's slowly dying. It's been about 4 years since changed so I'm considering in swapping it out for a new one.

My question is, what are you opinions on the optima brand car battery. My friend says its a reliable brand and highly recommends it.

Is there a particular model/version I should look for? Any feedback / comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Id qualify my recommendation by saying if you have an aftermarket stereo (amps, processor and so on) the yellow top is a pretty good choice. Ive had one in each of my four previous rides and never had an issue with dead batteries or slow cranking. Then again, California is about as gentle a place as you can find for car batteries
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
xceebeex

The DOW20 code for Advanced Auto still works, I literally just placed an order like 5 minutes ago.