Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 + optima battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Emon Crew
Quality statement "we certainly want your business, but not before you need to give it to us"

BTW I just bought a red top battery from advanced auto parts with a $50 off coupon....enter DOTW52 for anyone else who wants to do the same.

Agreed. It always shows good customer service and integrity when a company is not looking to nickle and dime you at every turn. When I need a new battery, I'm going to consider optima.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM
mcgrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT: I just noticed my thumbnails were a bit too small to see clearly. Simply move your mouse over the picture and right click " open in new tab " to see the enlarged version. Merry Xmas !

Hi everyone,

I've gone ahead and just picked up my new battery the other day. I took some shots while I was installing it.

Initial impressions are great, extremely strong start up and the crank didn't sound like it was lingering for a breath as in the case with my old OEM battery.

Installation wasn't too bad, thought I found it to be a bit frustrating removing the plastic piece close to where the window wipers are located at. Aside from that, I think everything went well. Here are some pics during the mounting and dismounting of the battery cell.

Removing the plastic membrane and unhooking the battery terminals: ( remove negative first !! )

Optima Red Top 35 VS OEM battery.

The red plastic platform that comes with the battery pretty much puts the battery a bit higher than the stock battery. You might have to adjust the two battery fasteners to securely hold down the battery. Other than that, it fits like a glove.

Now time to reconnect everything and test to make sure all the electronics are running fine ! ( connect positive first !! )

/

I had to do the reset for the windows, but that was a breeze. Took like 10 seconds to finish !

BONUS PIC: my neighbours smart car down the block VS old growth eastern red cedar tree packed with snow. Poor car

Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Quality statement "we certainly want your business, but not before you need to give it to us"

BTW I just bought a red top battery from advanced auto parts with a $50 off coupon....enter DOTW52 for anyone else who wants to do the same.

I just ordered a red top from Advanced!
Thanks for the coupon, it works!!
DOMO
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
FlState

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again! Got the $50 off
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I have a yellow top. Works great. I went through 3 OEM batteries in a year and 1/2. Ive been using the yellow top since 2009.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
thanks for the coupon code! i just ordered a red top from advanced for $150.

other then the re+re of the batteries, are there any other tasks that need doing? i read above about the window relearn? what is that all about?

i assume my radio presets will be lost too...
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
So all this discussion about red/yellow tops and how they're so great.

Anyone have one with a grounding kit? If so, anyone have draining problems due to the grounding kit?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Emon Crew

NICEEE, Glad to see you guys put that coupon to good use and wound up grabbin that battery!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
So all this discussion about red/yellow tops and how they're so great.

Anyone have one with a grounding kit? If so, anyone have draining problems due to the grounding kit?
I have a grounding kit. No issues
Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 AM
OptimaJim

mcgrible, I would still encourage you to measure your battery voltage at the terminals, to make sure you don't have a parasitic draw in your car that was discharging your previous battery and could potentially do the same thing to your new battery. Fully-charged, our RedTops will measure about 12.6-12.8 volts. The best time to measure would be after your car has been sitting for several hours or longer.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
OPTIMAŽ Batteries (optimabatteries) on Pinterest
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by OptimaJim
mcgrible, I would still encourage you to measure your battery voltage at the terminals, to make sure you don't have a parasitic draw in your car that was discharging your previous battery and could potentially do the same thing to your new battery. Fully-charged, our RedTops will measure about 12.6-12.8 volts. The best time to measure would be after your car has been sitting for several hours or longer.

Jim McIlvaine
Exactly, any surface charge must be removed.
Most "techs" raise the hood, do a voltage, and load test without that, resulting in a false reading.

Mr. McIlvaine

Are you aware Amazon ships Optimas wrapped in cellophane, without being boxed, many of them arrive cracked, blemishing your reputation??

Hope Advanced boxes them!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
OptimaJim

TVPostSound, we read reviews on our products on every site that sells them. Unfortunately, not every online retailer who sells our products is an authorized retailer.

OPTIMA-authorized online retailer requirements:

-Ship OPTIMA products in approved shipment packaging.
-Answer their own toll-free service phone number during business hours.
-Adhere to and honor the OPTIMA factory warranty policy.
-Provide an in-house warranty program.

We encourage everyone to ensure any retailer they are considering is in compliance with our recommended customer service requirements before making a purchase. If you are unsure whether someone is an authorized OPTIMA Batteries retailer, please call us at 1-888-8-OPTIMA.

While some of these online retailers may seem like a good deal, if warranty service is needed, the battery generally must be shipped back to the original retailer for service and some online retailers have been known not to offer any warranty service on products they sell.

Jim McIlvaine
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
KAHBOOM

good info

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by OptimaJim
TVPostSound, we read reviews on our products on every site that sells them. Unfortunately, not every online retailer who sells our products is an authorized retailer.

OPTIMA-authorized online retailer requirements:

-Ship OPTIMA products in approved shipment packaging.
-Answer their own toll-free service phone number during business hours.
-Adhere to and honor the OPTIMA factory warranty policy.
-Provide an in-house warranty program.

We encourage everyone to ensure any retailer they are considering is in compliance with our recommended customer service requirements before making a purchase. If you are unsure whether someone is an authorized OPTIMA Batteries retailer, please call us at 1-888-8-OPTIMA.

While some of these online retailers may seem like a good deal, if warranty service is needed, the battery generally must be shipped back to the original retailer for service and some online retailers have been known not to offer any warranty service on products they sell.

Jim McIlvaine

Also noticed that Amazon will not honor the warranty!!

Advanced Auto Parts IS on your retailer list!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also had many battery problems with the stock battery, So i switched to the red top optima and have had no issues, fires every time! I also have and bb ground kit with no issuses of drainage. Optima batteries are a great product. Every car I buy I switch it to optima batteries!

Quick Reply: G37 + optima battery