Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fringe XVO Afterburner - Aftermarket HKS Hi-Power Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Alstann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fringe XVO Afterburner - Aftermarket HKS Hi-Power Exhaust Tips

Link to the main post (on 370z forums): A the370z.com EXCLUSIVE opportunity: Fringe XVO Afterburner Exhaust Tips - Nissan 370Z Forum

My name is James, and I am a frequent forum member over at the370z.com, and over the past few months, we have been working with a company called Fringe XVO based in Austin, TX (FringeXVO). They developed jet "afterburner" styled exhausts for sport bikes, and then also included the Nissan GT-R in their line up:

Name:  RollingRigGTRwithSentinelSteelTips.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  73.5 KB

Here are some prototype renderings of the HKS replacements:

Name:  XVOAfterburnerExhaustTipforZ-GHKSstyleexhaustsystemsFINAL06_zpsa74e3238.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  XVOAfterburnerExhaustTipforZ-GHKSstyleexhaustsystemsFINAL08_zpsdbe97884.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  24.0 KB
(Many more pictures in the main link)

More recently, however, they worked with me and a few other forum members directly to develop an aftermarket exhaust tip for the 370Z and G37 - specifically for the HKS Hi-Power exhaust we both share. The tips work exactly as the stock titanium tips - sliding over the steel section and then bolting down internally.

The tips are fully color customizable, and due to the nature of the internal section and the exterior section, a dual color combination can be chosen. In the above GT-R picture, it is the "Sentinel Steel" color combo, with a brushed and clear coated exterior, and a black gloss finish in the interior.

The reason for my crosspost is due to the necessity of a large enough group buy for the first set - manufacturing only one or two initial sets would price the tips at $700 dollars each - crazy, I know.

However, with a larger and larger group buy, the price drops, and the lowest price currently listed on the main post is 12 sets @ $250 each. Still a healthy sum of money, but for some custom-colored tips that would set your car off nicely, why not?

All of the information can be found in the main link at the top of this post, written by FringeXVO themselves. I am just here to spread the word about this undertaking, and I hope to find some more people to make this a reality for HKS exhaust owners!

As of right now, we have two people interested in the tips, including myself.

I appreciate you G owners taking your time to read the post.

1. Alstann (the370z.com)
2. wheee! (the370z.com)

Last edited by Alstann; 12-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Alstann

UPDATE:

Sorry about the long absence of information! I was messaged by FringeXVO today with some good news - the initial batch of the 12 sets WILL be produced and initially funded by FringeXVO themselves. In other words, these exhaust tips will be produced!

Production is slated to begin in the first quarter of 2013, and when I have more information, I will update the thread accordingly.

If anyone still wants to put their name down on the list, please do so. No payment is required now, of course, it is more for a head count on who is interested in purchasing a set of these exhaust tips.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Emon Crew

So $250 for exhaust TIPS !? Things like this should be illegal but then again i share the same thoughts on stupidity
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Alstann

Hey guys!

FringeXVO has requested that I update this post - the tips have begun production! The component order has been placed, and the tips will begin production and finalization soon!

Hopefully these tips will be completed soon. As before, the customization of color is available and the spots for the tips are still up for grabs. This is a very niche item, I understand, but I just wanted to update it and let everyone know they are becoming available soon.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Juju0817

Wish i can buy a set but i have ARK exhaust on my g coupe :-(