Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lots of Wheelspin

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 880
LOL at "shocked" and "only 330 horsepower" That's a lot...
What kind of cars did you own before?

Learn the car. And respect the power.
Several people have already expressed disbelief at the idea that a G37 would have traction issues without some other problem, like bad tires or gravel on the ground.

I was shocked that I had such traction issues. You would really have to see just how bad the traction was to understand my reaction. I put "only" in quotes (surely I do not need to explain what I meant by putting "only" in quotes). Look again.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Spinning wheels is so highschool like. Technical corners is where it's at...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:28 AM
MPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm bored and have an opinion! (Bad combo!)

The 7AT learns your driving and is speed sensitive.
You will get a nice smooth take off if you slowly depress the pedal down to where the car moves out as you want it to.
Adversely...If you stab it down to the same point you just did slowly...It will jump off the line.
So.....Throttle control. Took me a while to get where I can change the driving characteristics of my G just with how fast I depress the pedal.

Done. Back to being bored.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im not going to bash this guy at all. I completely see his point. I have a modded 6mt and mine does not light up 1st and half way through second even wheen speed shifting into 2nd. If I punch mine half way through 1st it wont light up the tires. I would have to dump the clutch to light them up like the OP is saying. I have never driven the 7at, so maybe that is the difference here. When I launch my car I can do it at about 3k, get good traction, and throw it into second and get a little wheel spin. Sometimes just a chirp sometimes a little more, but never all the way through second like this guy states. Sounds like you need some new tires OP.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Dang I can punch it at 55 and still get wheel spin with the crappy stock tires and the crappy Vegas asphalt (does not matter hot or cold).........I love it!

Last edited by Tazicon; 11-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:39 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
BB

Trace the IP of SUPERTEETH, I bet it's an established member her pulling our leg!!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maybe his tires are inflated to 60 psi? lol rock hard over inflated tires
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

i would keep the burn-outs and hard launches to a minimum. some folks say that its less stress for the car, some say the opposite.
launching puts a lot of stress on the propeller shaft and rear differential.

prior to the g37s, when my girl had a 2005 dodge ram daytona, i begged her to quit launching hard, often. well at around 50,000mile she calls and and tells me she hears a clunking sound when hits the gas, and when she lets off the gas. i crawled under and found free-play in the u-joint right near the differential. she flexed it so hard, that was about an inch of play in the shaft, and a chunk missing lol (should have video-taped this)

Old 11-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
BB

Trace the IP of SUPERTEETH, I bet it's an established member her pulling our leg!!
Nope. Not in this instance. Although there are a few banned members who have created new user accounts and are present among us from time to time. They don't post or make trouble or do whatever it is they got banned for so I generally leave them alone.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by ImStricken
i would keep the burn-outs and hard launches to a minimum. some folks say that its less stress for the car, some say the opposite.
launching puts a lot of stress on the propeller shaft and rear differential.

prior to the g37s, when my girl had a 2005 dodge ram daytona, i begged her to quit launching hard, often. well at around 50,000mile she calls and and tells me she hears a clunking sound when hits the gas, and when she lets off the gas. i crawled under and found free-play in the u-joint right near the differential. she flexed it so hard, that was about an inch of play in the shaft, and a chunk missing lol (should have video-taped this)

Broke the Drive Shaft - YouTube
Nah, I do not launch or do burn-outs in my car. I know what launching does to the car. Black Betty apparently broke his axle doing that.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by MPax
I'm bored and have an opinion! (Bad combo!)

The 7AT learns your driving and is speed sensitive.
You will get a nice smooth take off if you slowly depress the pedal down to where the car moves out as you want it to.
Adversely...If you stab it down to the same point you just did slowly...It will jump off the line.
So.....Throttle control. Took me a while to get where I can change the driving characteristics of my G just with how fast I depress the pedal.

Done. Back to being bored.
If you are correct, maybe the spinning tires has something to do with the fact that I usually accelerate very lightly, and only accelerate hard every now and then.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Notraction

Definitely don’t need drag radials I have some semi decent tires and barely break loose unless I try maybe you just don’t know how to go easy on the gas with horrible tires on