Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lots of Wheelspin

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Wow, how many of you guys out there has this guy convinced to go and jump in your G to see why it doesnt spin like his!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Oh wait a minute, this guy bought his at Beschoff Infiniti, they forgot to tell him there's a dealer installed Stillen SC under the hood.
Black Betty was close!!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 AM
skennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Oh wait a minute, this guy bought his at Beschoff Infiniti, they forgot to tell him there's a dealer installed Stillen SC under the hood.
Black Betty was close!!
how amazing would that be. sir we forgot to mention that we installed a SC in your G hahaha
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, how many of you guys out there has this guy convinced to go and jump in your G to see why it doesnt spin like his!!!

I knew someone would call bullspit, but I can borrow a video camera from someone and figure out how to upload the video to YouTube or something (I have never done such things before). Although, people would probably say that I have bald tires, that there is gravel on the road, etc. but I do not really care, since i have no reason to lie. The only reason I even mentioned it on this forum in the first place is because I was worried that there was some kind of mechanical problem that can be linked to the wheelspin.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by huwee06
Post up evidence video or fake lol so what part of Texas are you from I would like to see what you're describing in person! But ya get sticky tires and you'll stop the excessive wheel spin.
I live in Cedar Park, if that is close enough for you. I actually got the car from Southwest Infiniti in Houston, though, since I got a great deal that no one else could even come close to matching (some of the places I called around to stated that there was no way that the dealership was making money on the deal they were giving me).
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by eksigned
interesting. I get next to no wheel spin -- albeit i'm get not entirely trying. you guys know that sliding the back out and doing aggressive launches (with wheel hop) does have their own mechanical consequences right? not saying that I don't indulge from time to time myself though
I do not do aggressive launches (or launches at all, for that matter) for that specific reason. Do you know if hard acceleration with bad wheelspin wears out any other component of the car (other than the tires)?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Superteeth
I do not do aggressive launches (or launches at all, for that matter) for that specific reason. Do you know if hard acceleration with bad wheelspin wears out any other component of the car (other than the tires)?
I hope my post didn't seem accusatory...those were not my intentions! Just wanted to clarify -- as I can see where this thread is heading (as others post) lol

As long as you're not getting any wheel hop, the only strain that you might consider is on the axles. Although I've never heard of any NA G's or Z's snapping axles, I think the possibility still exists. Aside from the axles, you're putting strain on the entire drivetrain -- but in comparison, driving the car as a whole puts strain on the entire drivetrain as well (to put into perspective)...nah mean? I honestly can't think of any reasons as to why you're getting so much wheel spin -- that is independent of just having...more power than the rest of us do! lol i'm useless here...

Edit: alignment issues? maybe you're not getting full contact? iono...
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Superteeth

I hope my post didn't seem accusatory...those were not my intentions! Just wanted to clarify -- as I can see where this thread is heading (as others post) lol

As long as you're not getting any wheel hop, the only strain that you might consider is on the axles. Although I've never heard of any NA G's or Z's snapping axles, I think the possibility still exists. Aside from the axles, you're putting strain on the entire drivetrain -- but in comparison, driving the car as a whole puts strain on the entire drivetrain as well (to put into perspective)...nah mean? I honestly can't think of any reasons as to why you're getting so much wheel spin -- that is independent of just having...more power than the rest of us do! lol i'm useless here...

Edit: alignment issues? maybe you're not getting full contact? iono...
Nothing you posted so far sounded accusatory (as far as I remember). So I am straining my axles even if I do not launch? I knew that launching was bad for the car, so I never did it, but it would not be good if accelerating hard (which is to be expected when driving a G37) is causing excessive strain on the car. One of the things I considered was an alignment issue, but if that was the case, then would my car not drift off to one side while the steering wheel is straight with my hands off of it, or is an actual alignment check necessary for a more accurate answer? Thanks to everyone so far for the responses (even if some of you were not helpful, you were all at least entertaining). I know that what I am saying is hard to believe, but hopefully I will have some video up this weekend.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
It's not like you need 500hp to accomplish wheel spin. My god my old 96 Camaro z-28 could easily do it and it was only 285 hp. Granted it had a V8 and might had a little more torque.

I'd say you just happen to have the ideal conditions to pull it off with the vdc disabled. Consider yourself lucky and if you are concerned with things breaking, just dont do it again and leave vdc on.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing you posted so far sounded accusatory (as far as I remember). So I am straining my axles even if I do not launch? I knew that launching was bad for the car, so I never did it, but it would not be good if accelerating hard (which is to be expected when driving a G37) is causing excessive strain on the car. One of the things I considered was an alignment issue, but if that was the case, then would my car not drift off to one side while the steering wheel is straight with my hands off of it, or is an actual alignment check necessary for a more accurate answer? Thanks to everyone so far for the responses (even if some of you were not helpful, you were all at least entertaining). I know that what I am saying is hard to believe, but hopefully I will have some video up this weekend.
While it's not desirable to have excessive wheel spin, it's less stressful on the drivetrain than no wheel spin.
Think about it...when "launching" what is going to put more shock on the drivetrain...wheel spin or instant traction?
To answer your question about a mechanical problem causing your wheel spin I will ask you questions...what makes contact with the road and could possibly have any affect on wheel spin? What mechanically could even do such a thing?
Unless you did get the GT-R motor, you have a tire issue, or your foot is heavier than you think...or maybe you are used to driving small 4 bangers with 100 hp and no torque.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

I just can't see it.
I'm putting down 315hp at the rear wheels. 25hp above stock.
Also Throttle map has been aggressively modified. I launch like a bat out of hell, but barely any wheel spin unless I power brake it.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
...I know a bit about cars, but I do not know what could malfunction to cause such terrible traction issues. I am starting to regret not getting AWD, because I want to be able to floor the accelerator without experiencing such traction loss. On the other hand, it is quite entertaining to spin the tires for some reason, so I am not completely disappointed.

(By the way, I did read several threads on wheelspin and the lack of wheelspin in this car, and could not find anything relevant to my situation)
Really?????

You can't be serious to me right now...

I find it difficiult to believe you know a "bit" about cars...unless you meant that literally and really only know only a little bit...

It seems pretty obvious that 330 hp IS enough to cause "wheel spin". You can relax OP, and rest assured, there are no traction issues just with your car, only UE issues (user error)...lack of driving skill to be more specific...I doubt there is a DIY on this forum for that, so you'll probably have to seek rectification elsewhere I'm sorry to say. If you don't want to spin the wheels DON"T accelerate hard!!!! ... and keep the VDC on! A very simple fix. You sound like you should maybe be in a different car honostly...maybe something with less horse power and torque...at least until you actually learn a "bit" MORE than what you say you already know about cars.

I once had a 91 Honda Accord EX coupe manual...150hp, I could spin the wheels on take off with no problem. The problem isn't the car OP...it's you...with all due respect.

OP...plain and simple..."With great horse power comes great responsibility!" Stop accelerating hard and this problem goes away.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by Only4theGnme
Really?????

You can't be serious to me right now...

I find it difficiult to believe you know a "bit" about cars...unless you meant that literally and really only know only a little bit...

It seems pretty obvious that 330 hp IS enough to cause "wheel spin". You can relax OP, and rest assured, there are no traction issues just with your car, only UE issues (user error)...lack of driving skill to be more specific...I doubt there is a DIY on this forum for that, so you'll probably have to seek rectification elsewhere I'm sorry to say. If you don't want to spin the wheels DON"T accelerate hard!!!! ... and keep the VDC on! A very simple fix. You sound like you should maybe be in a different car honostly...maybe something with less horse power and torque...at least until you actually learn a "bit" MORE than what you say you already know about cars.

I once had a 91 Honda Accord EX coupe manual...150hp, I could spin the wheels on take off with no problem. The problem isn't the car OP...it's you...with all due respect.

OP...plain and simple..."With great horse power comes great responsibility!" Stop accelerating hard and this problem goes away.
When I say I know a little bit about cars, I really do only know a little bit about cars, just enough to perform minor maintenance like changing the oil, filters, etc.

So are you telling me that the wheels somehow would not spin if someone who knows more about cars drove it? The only thing that would keep the wheels from spinning would be controlled throttle input. I do not turn VDC off and accelerate hard all the time, and I certainly do not do it with other cars around. I accelerate like a grandmother most of the time, and have VDC on on the car all the time except for when I want to accelerate hard on an empty road.

By the way, I do not think that your Honda Accord would be spinning the tires unless they were worn out or you were on gravel.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
john91

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just can't see it.
I'm putting down 315hp at the rear wheels. 25hp above stock.
Also Throttle map has been aggressively modified. I launch like a bat out of hell, but barely any wheel spin unless I power brake it.
What kind of tires do you have sir!?:P
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Although I've never heard of any NA G's or Z's snapping axles, I think the possibility still exists.
I know someone who did exactly that in a G37.
<---- This guy! N/A 08 6MT, just a couple of bolt ons, no tune.

I launched at the track and exploded an axle. Got photos of what was left of the axle somewhere. I'm pretty sure one of my team mates has video of it as well but I will murder anyone who posts it.

Quick Reply: Lots of Wheelspin