Sponsored By:

G37 Coupe Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
G37 Coupe Spoiler

Guessing this spoiler isn't the OEM one?
Price looks to good to be true.

Infiniti G37 Painted Custom Style Rear Spoiler

Or

http://www.spoilersource.com/2008-20...arspoiler.aspx

and

http://www.spoilersforless.com/categ...-G37-Spoilers/

Last edited by Zydan; 11-06-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
likely not -- they look like oem replicas
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I WISH!

...if you decide to go this route...make sure you come back and tell us the details...quality, fit, etc.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Only4theGnme
I WISH!

...if you decide to go this route...make sure you come back and tell us the details...quality, fit, etc.
Just talked to the guy at spoilersforless.com through email, this is how our conversation went...I'm thinking about ordering it, it's like 1/3 of the price as OEM, saving some money sounds nice! You'll want to read from the bottom up.

From: Spoilers4Sale - Amazon Marketplace [mailtobxz2mv4dcmqrf8@marketplace.amazon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:42 AM
To: Danny J Lopez
Subject: Re: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer Danny

If you use the coupon code "take10" during check out it will give you 10% off and free shipping.

From: Danny - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]>
To: Spoilers4Sale <[e-mail address removed]>
Sent: Tue, November 6, 2012 851 AM
Great, how will I pay for it, didn't see my specific color on amazon.
Danny L
Sent from my iPhone 4

On Nov 6, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Spoilers4Sale - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:
Yes you would need to remove the chrome peice. It is just held on with clips. And yes the price is 159 as well.

Thanks
Spoilers4Sale
From: Danny - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]>;
To: Spoilers4Sale <[e-mail address removed]>;
Subject: RE: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer Danny
Sent: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 242 PM
Great, last couple of questions please, on this specific spoiler it’s required to remove the chrome on the trunk correct? I looked at the installation instructions, but they were more general than for this specific vehicle.

Also the price on Amazon is $159, whereas the site you directed me to they are $198, would I be paying the $159?

Thank you again.

Danny L

From: Spoilers4Sale - Amazon Marketplace [mailto:[e-mail address removed]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:57 AM
To: Danny

Yes we can do Lapis blue and it is aftermarket made to OE specs. You can view instructions and installation video at Spoilers For Less | Car and Truck Accessories | Car Spoilers, Floor Mats, and Tonneau Covers

Thanks
Spoilers4Sale

From: Danny - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]>
To: Spoilers4Sale <[e-mail address removed]>
Sent: Tue, November 6, 2012 1231 AM
Subject: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer Danny

2012 Infiniti G37 Spoiler 2dr with back up camera
Are you able to do this in Lapis Blue? Color code RAW.
Is this an OEM part? Am I able to get a copy of installation instructions before buying if so?
Thank you.

Last edited by Zydan; 11-06-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Correcting website address for spoilersforless
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I'd see what their return policy is on it as well. Keeping the extra cash in your wallet is nice, I just didn't want to gamble with it. I say as long as the accept returns within a reasonable amount of time, go for it. Also check on some type of warranty, since I have read about some LED issues with aftermarkets spoilers on here before. Most I've seen simply rest over the chrome piece though and from what the seller says, its replaced. So again, go for and report back. @ $159... Its worth a shot i suppose. If it doesn't work out, eat the $15 in shipping it back and spend the extra $400 for the OEM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM
gphoenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might jump on this as well
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TwoThree
I'd see what their return policy is on it as well. Keeping the extra cash in your wallet is nice, I just didn't want to gamble with it. I say as long as the accept returns within a reasonable amount of time, go for it. Also check on some type of warranty, since I have read about some LED issues with aftermarkets spoilers on here before. Most I've seen simply rest over the chrome piece though and from what the seller says, its replaced. So again, go for and report back. @ $159... Its worth a shot i suppose. If it doesn't work out, eat the $15 in shipping it back and spend the extra $400 for the OEM.
Great minds think alike! Just asked him about that, it's 30 day return policy.
As far as warranty, this is what it says on the website, 3 year warranty:

All of SpoilersForLess.com Painted Aerodynamic Spoilers have a limited three year warranty on its products to be free of manufacturers defects from the original date of purchase (p.o.p. required). Warranty coverage is provided for paint defects, peeling, and or other paint adhesion and finish defects. SpoilersForLess.com will match the O.E. color of the spoilers to the factory color specifications. Factory specifications allow for a degree of variance, both lighter and darker, due to many factors. SpoilersForLess.com cannot be responsible for this variance. With vehicles 5 years and older, we cannot be responsible for color match due to fading. Seller's and manuacturer's only obligations shall be to replace the product proven to be defective by SpoilersForLess.com. We shall not be liable or responsible for injury, loss or damages, direct or consequential, such as improper installation, misuse, abuse, scratches, chips or fading due to neglect, or unauthorized repairs. SpoilersForLess.com will not be responsible for any damage caused to other parts by defective product or any other costs. Failure to follow any of the instructions provided will void warranty, expressed and implied.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gphoenix
I might jump on this as well
Yeah me too most likely, seems almost worth it to at least try, such a cheap price, never understood how the spoiler is twice the price of the IPL front bumper lol
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're fairly picky on fit and quality, I wouldn't do it. I too thought I'd save a few hundred and go with "oem style" from elite spoilers. I ended up returning it as soon as I received it and just bought oem.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ReddieG37
If you're fairly picky on fit and quality, I wouldn't do it. I too thought I'd save a few hundred and go with "oem style" from elite spoilers. I ended up returning it as soon as I received it and just bought oem.

Hmmm that's depressing to hear, what exactly was wrong with it?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReddieG37
This is why I was hesitant also...
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Well I think I would run away .... he is wrong on the chrome spoiler, it's held on with threaded bolts/nuts not clips. There are more unhappy non -OEM stories than good ones. I went with OEM and glad I did .... install it yourself (if you can measure, drill and be patient).
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Well I think I would run away .... he is wrong on the chrome spoiler, it's held on with threaded bolts/nuts not clips. There are more unhappy non -OEM stories than good ones. I went with OEM and glad I did .... install it yourself (if you can measure, drill and be patient).
Yeah, you're most likely right..., booo I was looking forward to saving money lol
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Zydan
Hmmm that's depressing to hear, what exactly was wrong with it?
There were paint issues and the cutout for the 3rd brake light was not even. I may have just been unlucky and got a bad one, but I didn't feel comfortable trying my luck for another one so I ended up just returning it. I also didn't like how the drilling points were different from the drilling points for the factory spoiler. I mean, for the price, it's not too bad. Maybe I'm being too picky lol. But since it involved drilling into the trunk, I thought it was better to just spend a bit more and go oem.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Zydan
Yeah, you're most likely right..., booo I was looking forward to saving money lol
Don't drive it like you stole it 2 days a week, the savings in gas over the lifetime of the car will pay for the spoiler

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe Spoiler