Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I hate you guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
ORdub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate you guys

Recently bought a brand new G37S coupe....black on black, 6MT, fully loaded. Loved the car.

Then you guys came along.... do this mod, do that mod... NO! I wont!! Its brand new, and I dont want to do anything that could hurt my new baby. I WONT DO IT!!!!

The last coat of my plasti dip will be dry in another few minutes....fully blacked out grill (including the Fuji), fully blacked out badging in the back, and gonna try to keep the red S showing. Wish me luck. Pics will be coming.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Brenttheviking

Now all you need it some 20 inch rims, a drop, intakes, cat back exhaust, and high flow cats and you will be as cool as all of us!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
ok............ do not mod your brand new g37....... please don't do it!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Ah, the plasti dip days. You say it looks great, you truly believe it. Everyone tells you it looks cheap and tacky, but no, you say NO, it's just how I like it. So you dip your emblems...slowly move on to bigger pieces...wheels, chrome spoiler..grille...and you go, "Damn, that looks good", f*$) the haters.

Slowly the plasti dip starts getting dirty so you clean it...you clean it till it's squeaky clean but a few days later it's dirty again.

Then...then one day...one day you get a painted part...and you realize...you realize all this time you were wrong but you won't admit it. You take a look at your plasti dipped wheels, and you say...damn...they were right.

And that, that is how it went for me. but seriously, lets see those pics
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 AM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jesse550
Ah, the plasti dip days. You say it looks great, you truly believe it. Everyone tells you it looks cheap and tacky, but no, you say NO, it's just how I like it. So you dip your emblems...slowly move on to bigger pieces...wheels, chrome spoiler..grille...and you go, "Damn, that looks good", f*$) the haters.

Slowly the plasti dip starts getting dirty so you clean it...you clean it till it's squeaky clean but a few days later it's dirty again.

Then...then one day...one day you get a painted part...and you realize...you realize all this time you were wrong but you won't admit it. You take a look at your plasti dipped wheels, and you say...damn...they were right.

And that, that is how it went for me. but seriously, lets see those pics

There's enough material on this post to make a short soap opera!

But yeah OP, that is how it starts, the little things first and just wait...next time you know, you're installing intakes and all kinds of things! FUN stuff, strongly recommend it
Old 10-12-2012, 12:31 AM
ORdub

Had a friend stop by mid way through to check process....and we started talking exhaust, intakes and suspension. Gears are turning. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to remove tape, paper, etc..... pray for me.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
By hate do you mean Love?!

Originally Posted by Brenttheviking
Now all you need it some 20 inch rims, a drop, intakes, cat back exhaust, and high flow cats and you will be as cool as all of us!
^^ This!! Not to mention IPL Body Kit, Custom Head lights / Tail Lights, Full LED light change out, spacers, camber kits...the list goes on and on, there's always something else, but that's what makes it fun!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Be like me and don't mod your car!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
wow! looks like the mod bug bit you. lol
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I got me some sweet mods
Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 AM
ORdub

Tape off. ****ed up a couple of sections...so easy peel off, and redoing those now. This plasti dip is pretty amazing, and simple. Trying to leave the red S on the back...and that's a trick. Screwed it up the first time, but came close. Using a razor blade to help cut it away...but missed a part.

So quick touch up to that, one Fuji, and part of the grill....and I'll be done later. I looked at it as is though before peeling the bad parts. Going to look pretty bad ***.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:03 AM
iTzDatG 818

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Come from a guy that use to use plasti dip. It looks great for a week and than once gets dirty it looks ugly. Regret wasting a year driving with a plasti dipped g..

I dont reccomend. Powdercoat/ paint and ull throw away those plasti dip cans the same way you bought it.

Plasti only looks good untill it gets dirty
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
ORdub

Originally Posted by iTzDatG 818
Come from a guy that use to use plasti dip. It looks great for a week and than once gets dirty it looks ugly. Regret wasting a year driving with a plasti dipped g..

I dont reccomend. Powdercoat/ paint and ull throw away those plasti dip cans the same way you bought it.

Plasti only looks good untill it gets dirty
I figured this was the cheap/easy way to see if I liked the blacked out look. Its an easier commitment than straight to powdercoating. That said, LOVE the look:

Before.....

Name:  tDygV.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  503 Bytes

Name:  gzpyi.jpg

After....

Name:  HVDJZ.jpg

Name:  x43VI.jpg
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
JunioRs_G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive learned silicone makes plasti dip look better and is an easy way to clean it.. just saying lol
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Dude! stay away from cheap mods and plastic dip! you're not driving a $20K

I paid $175 for a body shop to custom paint my front emblem high gloss black! it' was well worth it! it does not chip or look cheap! I have the Infiniti OEM midnight grill! and it looks sick!

Don't go cheap!

Quick Reply: I hate you guys