Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I hate you guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I think most people don't understand when they are buying an Infiniti! what really goes into building this kind of car! The people that work on it and just how thing's work over in Japan!

Sebastian visits Tochigi for the first Infiniti FX Vettel Edition - YouTube
Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
ORdub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
I paid $175 for a body shop to custom paint my front emblem high gloss black! it' was well worth it! it does not chip or look cheap! I have the Infiniti OEM midnight grill! and it looks sick!

Don't go cheap!
Dont miss the important parts of my posts. I wanted to see if I'd like the look. So $6 to get the look, knowing it easily comes off if I dont like it....or $175 to make it permanent right out of the gate.

Plasti dip is the "try it before you buy it" approach for me.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
I hate you back! ...so much!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Dude! stay away from cheap mods and plastic dip! you're not driving a $20K

I paid $175 for a body shop to custom paint my front emblem high gloss black! it' was well worth it! it does not chip or look cheap! I have the Infiniti OEM midnight grill! and it looks sick!

Don't go cheap!
You really need to stop bashing on people with "it's not a 20K car." I bought mine for 20k so it IS a 20K car to me. Let everyone do what they want. If you don't like it, say you don't like it. Don't tell them it's "wrong".

Anyways, the back looks good bro! If that's an OEM midnight grille you got, I probably woulda kept it like that :P there's pretty high demand for those grilles. Also, check out the plasti dip glossifier, it'll shiny up your plasti dip and make it look closer to a paint job!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
ORdub

Originally Posted by jesse550
If that's an OEM midnight grille you got
It is...but I didnt like the chrome strips and the chrome Fuji on it. If the plasti dip proves to not hold up well I'll be shopping for a replacement grill in all black. Havent found one so far though.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
GTLAW
Banned

You really need to stop bashing on people with "it's not a 20K car." I bought mine for 20k so it IS a 20K car to me. Let everyone do what they want. If you don't like it, say you don't like it. Don't tell them it's "wrong".

Anyways, the back looks good bro! If that's an OEM midnight grille you got, I probably woulda kept it like that :P there's pretty high demand for those grilles. Also, check out the plasti dip glossifier, it'll shiny up your plasti dip and make it look closer to a paint job!
I bet your the Kid I see on here with 5 cans of spray paint with video, showing people how to *** up your OEM wheels!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by ORdub
It is...but I didnt like the chrome strips and the chrome Fuji on it. If the plasti dip proves to not hold up well I'll be shopping for a replacement grill in all black. Havent found one so far though.
Ahhhhhhh, if you do, lemme know, I think we can work something out I got an OEM in gloss black, but I'm starting to like the midnight waaaay better.

I bet your the Kid I see on here with 5 cans of spray paint with video, showing people how to *** up your OEM wheels!
I'd do it just for you
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Just FYI the OEM Midnight is about $350..
Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
ORdub

Just FYI the OEM Midnight is about $350..
Is it all black, including the Fuji? I apparently suck at searching....because I cant find an all black grill.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
jesse550

Is it all black, including the Fuji? I apparently suck at searching....because I cant find an all black grill.
The OEM midnight is what you have. They don't make an OEM all black, you have to get it custom painted.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
GTLAW
Banned

You can have your Infiniti dealer order you one. I think OC Infiniti has the best price. The are listed under the F.S by vendor.

The front Fuji does not come pre painted.. I had to pay a body shop to wet sand it down and custom paint it for me.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got some plasti dip on your license plate.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Recently bought a brand new G37S coupe....black on black, 6MT, fully loaded. Loved the car.

Then you guys came along.... do this mod, do that mod... NO! I wont!! Its brand new, and I dont want to do anything that could hurt my new baby. I WONT DO IT!!!!

The last coat of my plasti dip will be dry in another few minutes....fully blacked out grill (including the Fuji), fully blacked out badging in the back, and gonna try to keep the red S showing. Wish me luck. Pics will be coming.
I would have stuck to what you said in the first few lines lol.

Seriously though the back looks hot. Im not sure I've seen that b4.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Wyldfyer

Ah, the plasti dip days. You say it looks great, you truly believe it. Everyone tells you it looks cheap and tacky, but no, you say NO, it's just how I like it. So you dip your emblems...slowly move on to bigger pieces...wheels, chrome spoiler..grille...and you go, "Damn, that looks good", f*$) the haters.

Slowly the plasti dip starts getting dirty so you clean it...you clean it till it's squeaky clean but a few days later it's dirty again.

Then...then one day...one day you get a painted part...and you realize...you realize all this time you were wrong but you won't admit it. You take a look at your plasti dipped wheels, and you say...damn...they were right.

And that, that is how it went for me. but seriously, lets see those pics
I haven't been on a lot but say it ain't so, bro! You were a SUPER plasti-dip advocate. it looked hot too lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Wyldfyer

I think most people don't understand when they are buying an Infiniti! what really goes into building this kind of car! The people that work on it and just how thing's work over in Japan!

Sebastian visits Tochigi for the first Infiniti FX Vettel Edition - YouTube
I don't think YOU understand that unless you are buying these cars for people, they can do whatever THEY want to do.

There's nothing to an INFINITI. It's a freaking NISSAN with a bloated price. Get over yourself and let the guy do what he wants to do.

Quick Reply: I hate you guys