Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lowered on ARK Springs and other newb mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM
thisGuy714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowered on ARK Springs and other newb mods

I picked up my 2008 g37s coupe in mid June and have been slowly modding her ever since, starting with the easy/cheap mods first and slowly working my way up. So far I have: new interior LED's, DieselDoug's GT-R start button with custom LED lights, debadge, Stillen sway bars, Mattster's grounding wires (which he was awesome and very helpful from an installation guide to calling me twice as I was installing them - extra proof I'm a newb). The grounding wires marginally improved the shift leg and the stereo is louder at a lower setting. Then finally lowered her with ARK Springs!!!

I did some researching but only found 2 other posts on here of members using ARK as they seem to be relatively new for our cars but the results are exactly what I wanted - to eliminate the wheel gaps with the stock 19" sport wheels while naturally giving the car a more aggressive look/stance. Their website states 1.25-1.50" drop in the front and 1.00-1.25" rear, which is about right. The springs were installed this past Saturday so they may settle a bit more, but I love the current drop. The ride feels about stock but a touch more sensitive to smaller bumps but that is to be expected as they are tighter than stock. The handling feels improved a little bit from cornering to slightly reduced body roll (this is after the sway bars were installed which significantly reduced body roll and I would suggest sway bars as a great modding start with our G's). The only thing I was worried about with the springs was bottoming out and it has only happened once because I didn't take it at an angle.

Next mods are fa sho 20mm spacers in the front, 15mm in the rear, IPL bumper, which may be tricky since I have an IP, Stillen Gen 3, motordyne exhaust.

Anyways, enough of me, here are some ravishing cell phone pics...

Staying hydrated

Debadge (who dey)

5 extra HP!

How I received the grounding wires

Thanks Mattster!

ARK Springs

Thanks for looking! Comments or questions are appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Lowered on ARK Springs and other newb mods-imag0559.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks good , now add those spacers on ASAP
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Glad the install went well and that I could help you out.

Glad to see you went with ark springs. They're not as common, and it's refreshing to see someone going outside of the norm.

Car looks like its coming along nicely!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Hahaha looking nice! and nice mods! And I was the first guy to ask Matt for the ground kits lol~ He is very cool and nice addition to our forum~ Thanks Matt~~
Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM
thisGuy714

Huge addition and help on here! I asked Mattster about spacers and springs as well. But yea, I went with ARK because I got a good deal and the limited research I could find led me to buy them. Great drop, close to stock feel and minor improvements in handling. Thanks homies!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Nice mod choices!!! Drop looks good
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Could you post better quality pics of the drop? Is the drop even both front or rear, front lower than back or vice versa? I couldn't tell from the pic..they look pretty even.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Clean! Great start. Engine bay is looking clean, wait it should be
Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
tdawg818

Car looks great makes me wanna get the same spring. Where you get it from ?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
thisGuy714

Originally Posted by tdawg818
Car looks great makes me wanna get the same spring. Where you get it from ?
I got them from the private classifieds on here.. they are the same springs used on their prototype G (you can see it on the website - only had 500 miles on teh springs) so I got a pretty good deal on them. I think they are originally $330.00ish.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Rad_Slinger

Originally Posted by thisGuy714
Huge addition and help on here! I asked Mattster about spacers and springs as well. But yea, I went with ARK because I got a good deal and the limited research I could find led me to buy them. Great drop, close to stock feel and minor improvements in handling. Thanks homies!
Lol, I didn't even know it was you that was asking lol. Shoulda said something haha.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Rad_Slinger

Originally Posted by thisGuy714
Lol, I didn't even know it was you that was asking lol. Shoulda said something haha.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great! Nice work!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks really good, I was trying to decide between Ask and Eibach, but ended up going with the safer choice. Now you make me wish I had maybe went for it.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Zydan
Looks really good, I was trying to decide between Ask and Eibach, but ended up going with the safer choice. Now you make me wish I had maybe went for it.
Eibach has a more lengthy and reputable track record. You made a good choice concerning the two. Unfortunately, you will soon find the limitations on lowering springs and will want more from your suspension...which is where coilovers come in.

OP, congrats on the car. You will enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Lowered on ARK Springs and other newb mods