Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
xsaqzw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 987cs
Not sure if there is a difference in location, but in Toronto that car would be written off 100%.
I hope so! Spartanburg, SC here!

Originally Posted by camp3r
I have seen G37 's with seemingly less damage get totaled out.Good luck bro.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by G37fanatic
glad the G did its job safety wise...and that you made it out ok, keep us updated with what happens!
Thank you so much! As I said before, these cars can take a hell of a beating and the driver still come out alright. I'm very thankful for today's safety standards..

Originally Posted by jagautomotivenc
Any update on the status of the vehicle? If it is totaled are you going to come out on top financially? I owe about $15,000 less than book value on mine so I almost wouldn't mind something like this happening as immature as that sounds (as long as I came out lucky). You going to go for a IPL?
Not yet, insurance is kinda getting on my nerves. I should know something definite by Monday. I wish on the IPL, I'm just a college kid so I don't have that kind of money I'm thinking of just going 6MT this time.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Good to see that your going to stay
Thank you!

Originally Posted by criledo
Glad you are OK.
I respect each and every single comment here, but in my mind there is so much damage done all around the car, it will be a write-off. This is what you see; sheet metal, tires, wheels, glass, liner, stop lights, etc., etc. Wait until they see what you don't see now; Frame, suspension, steering, electrical, etc.
Hahaha, I'm hoping they write it off.. I was curious as to how taking pictures could account for frame, suspension, steering, etc anyways??
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
If not go and grab it off the car
Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 AM
xsaqzw

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
If not go and grab it off the car
grab what?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 AM
jagautomotivenc

Good luck on the 6MT!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Shoot us an update with what the insurance guy says when you get time. I'm curious how close we are with what we're telling you.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Man that sucks. We all learn from our mistakes though. Glad you're ok. Let us know what comes out of this. Hopefully the ins. company will total the car and you can get a new one...or a used one that's not been in an accident :P

Seriously though, after getting into an accident like that, it's hard to drive a repaired car as confidently as you are *never* sure if there was some other damage that you can't see or hear. That to me would be the scary part.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 AM
BlackedOutNJ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks totaled to me. As long as you're okay the car doesn't really matter
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
If the frame is tweeked badly or some part of the frame has to be cut-out and a new section welded in, then pray for it to be totaled and use that money for another car. If it's only sheet metal and some suspension components and the frame is straight, then start thinking about upgrading the suspension parts while they fix it cosmetically. Finally use some of that money to go and get some professional driving instructions from a good track school in your area. Don't mean that with any disrespect but even I get some updated instruction every so often and I've been tracking for over 20 years. I always learn something new every time I'm on the track and also while instructing other students. It's worth every penny you spend because it could keep you alive out there in the dangerous world of street driving. Today track driving is a piece of cake by comparison.

Al
Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 AM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man Glad to know your OK, Glad these cars are built solid. I wish you the best, I could never have so much repairs done and still think everything is 100% ok and the resale value staying or not. How much will your insurance go up?

I think if your a ******* and push the company they might total it, sometimes the cars right at the tip of being total, and you pushing it makes them go ahead and do it!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 AM
beattyG37

I am hoping it is totaled for your sake. A buddy of mine here in Atlanta had an '08 G35 sedan and had a lot of damage to front, back and one side and I thought it would surely be totaled but it was not. It never was the same after that. Noises, rattles, sensors throwing codes, etc. he got rid of it a couple of months ago, and the accident happened about 6 months ago.

If they do not total it, make sure you get the insurance company to pay you a reduced value payment to help offset the money you will not get for the car when you sell it because it has been in an accident. There should be a thread on this site about how people have persued this.

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:44 AM
zoner

Since you were at fault, pray for less damage not more. It's gonna be a big hit on your insurance rate.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beattyG37

If they do not total it, make sure you get the insurance company to pay you a reduced value payment to help offset the money you will not get for the car when you sell it because it has been in an accident. There should be a thread on this site about how people have persued this.

Good luck!
That might be a tough one to get since the wreck was his own fault...how do you wreck your own car and then expect insurance to pay you for diminished value?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by beattyG37

Good luck!
Here is the thread LINK

g/l
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike24
Here is the thread LINK

g/l

It makes sense when it was someone else fault, but why should a person get paid for diminished value when it was their own fault?

Most insurance companies don't allow a person to file a claim against their own insurance policy for diminished value when the accident was their own fault...I would bet no insurance company would do this even if it wasn't in their policy either.

Last edited by tejasg37x; 09-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM
xsaqzw

Thank you for all the support/advice guys!

Unfortunately, insurance is being a royal bitch. It's actually been over 5 days since I have heard back from my claim handler. I've called three times a day and left three voicemails a day. The only thing I have gotten from them since the adjuster came out is an e-mail form to fill out which was done two days ago. I'm not quite sure how to proceed now since they are practically ignoring me.

Never, ever, go with "The General" for insurance.

Quick Reply: Totaled?