IPL Side Skirt - Before / After Photo

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
IPL Side Skirt - Before / After Photo

Hopefully the bumper will be in by next weekend~

On a side note, I had an awful experience with the local shop over here trying to get roof and rear valance overlay done, they had my car for almost two days...when I got there I had to have them just remove both because it looked so bad, and got a refund...

Depressing!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 5145
Size:  226.5 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by Zydan:
Royalty (10-08-2021), Vizard_87 (03-17-2015)
Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 AM
XtatiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Side skirts look great.. do you have any plans for the suspension?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XtatiC
Side skirts look great.. do you have any plans for the suspension?
I'm really happy with them, pretty easy install, although I broke a lot of clips on my originals lol

At some point, my plan is IPL Bumper > Roof and rear Valance overlays > Ark Exhaust > Intake > Tune > Suspension > sway bars > rims

Hopefully in that order I think.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:28 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Sides do look good, but it most definitely needs a drop. Awesome color though man! Happy modding.

IPL Bumper > Suspension> Roof and rear Valance overlays > Ark Exhaust > Intake > Tune > Suspension > sway bars > rims
Old 09-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Sides do look good, but it most definitely needs a drop. Awesome color though man! Happy modding.

IPL Bumper > Suspension> Roof and rear Valance overlays > Ark Exhaust > Intake > Tune > Suspension > sway bars > rims
Hahah maybe, you think Eibachs will be enough, I'm nervous to go low, low, I'm not such a careful driver sometimes.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:36 AM
TwoThree

It all depends on what you want. Eibachs do a decent job of killing the wheel gap... I have them, but I am going to coil overs very soon, but I want to be as low as my driveway allows... Plenty of pictures around here of Gs on Eibach PKs to give you ideas.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:44 AM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Honestly eibachs are pretty decent but you will still have to be extra careful going over bumps and up & down driveways. I however do not like the ride quality so I am going the coil route. I love your car color btw Do the ipl sides hang lower than stock or do you feel they are the same ?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Zydan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LegitMW
Honestly eibachs are pretty decent but you will still have to be extra careful going over bumps and up & down driveways. I however do not like the ride quality so I am going the coil route. I love your car color btw Do the ipl sides hang lower than stock or do you feel they are the same ?
I'll probably go Eibach and see how it goes!
Thanks, I'm really glad I ended up picking this color as well, don't see it often which is nice.
No, doesn't seem to hang lower in my opinion, but does flare out a lot more of course.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Twysted37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach isn't low enough IMO. Coilovers or Tein s tech springs are decent.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn. What a nice color. Looks good so far
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM
jon23

Nice color! Man, thr IPL sides DO look good with a regular bumper too... Eibachs aren't all that bad, but the front springs need to be a little lower IMO.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Zydan
Registered Member

I'm just afraid I'll spend all that extra for coil overs and never even put them to use ya know.
Thanks for all the compliments on the color, I love it, I wish that overlay would have worked out yesterday.
It's so hard to find decent shops in Dallas.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Twysted37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That blue is one of the best! I get compliments all the time for the color!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:52 PM
TwoThree

I think Eibachs are fine as far as ride comfort goes. Not much different than stock IMO. And contrary to what Jon said, I think the front drop is Ok, could definitely be lower, but the rear needs to go down a lot! Anyways, back on topic... The IPL sides are looking great!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by Twysted37
Eibach isn't low enough IMO. Coilovers or Tein s tech springs are decent.
Originally Posted by jon23
Nice color! Man, thr IPL sides DO look good with a regular bumper too... Eibachs aren't all that bad, but the front springs need to be a little lower IMO.
Originally Posted by TwoThree
I think Eibachs are fine as far as ride comfort goes. Not much different than stock IMO. And contrary to what Jon said, I think the front drop is Ok, could definitely be lower, but the rear needs to go down a lot! Anyways, back on topic... The IPL sides are looking great!

You lost me Mike...lol. You first say that you disagree with me when I said the front Eibach springs need to be a little lower, but then you also said they could definitely be lower...

As far as the rear height goes, mine is pretty low. But again, springs react different even on the same model. I've seen so many different results... I've seen people modifying their rear springs to make them lower and satisfied with their front drop, while others have the opposite problem.

No wonder so many go for coilovers to get rid of the gap completely and fully adjust their suspension, I bet you cannot wait to get yours...

Sorry for the quick thread hijack OP... The pictures don't show the front windows tint, how dark did you go? Any more pics?

Quick Reply: IPL Side Skirt - Before / After Photo