G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Which front end setup do you prefer?
Standard Bumper + Stillen splitter painted
20.00%
Sport Bumper
80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 2012 Base Bumper + Stillen Splitter or 2012 Sport Bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM
nseriessaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll: 2012 Base Bumper + Stillen Splitter or 2012 Sport Bumper?

Hi All,

This is my first post. I just purchased a 2012 white G37 coupe.
I currently have the standard bumper with fog lights. I really like the sport bumper (at first i didnt like it, but it has really grown on me) so i was thinking about doing a conversion. I also am really liking the stillen front splitter. If i go the splitter route, i would actually get it painted white and would leave the silver turnbuckles OFF.

Obviously the splitter route is much cheaper, but with costs NOT being an issue, which look do you guys looks better? I dont plan on "tricking" my G out. I just plan on giving it a little drop and putting a midnight front grille on it. I already have the oem 19" enkei's which i really do like.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 AM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 08 Coupe, so your base bumper is my Sport bumper. I believe the new Sport bumper doesn't look as aggressive as your base bumper, so you might be good with the splitter alone and save the cash for springs and spacers. Just my opinion.

But of you like the new Sport bumper and money isn't an issue, the more power to you. Get the bumper and splitter and that will set you apart from the rest...

Oh, and your comment about not "tricking" out your G, or as we call it here, modding, will be short lived...lol. I thought the same thing when I got my car: "I'll only tint the windows, MAYBE a drop, but no more..." well, let me tell you something...that did NOT happen at all! .

Believe you me, the modding bug will bite ya! (Just don't go and put your G up on 24's...)
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
nseriessaga

Originally Posted by jon23
I have an 08 Coupe, so your base bumper is my Sport bumper. I believe the new Sport bumper doesn't look as aggressive as your base bumper, so you might be good with the splitter alone and save the cash for springs and spacers. Just my opinion.

But of you like the new Sport bumper and money isn't an issue, the more power to you. Get the bumper and splitter and that will set you apart from the rest...

Oh, and your comment about not "tricking" out your G, or as we call it here, modding, will be short lived...lol. I thought the same thing when I got my car: "I'll only tint the windows, MAYBE a drop, but no more..." well, let me tell you something...that did NOT happen at all! .

Believe you me, the modding bug will bite ya! (Just don't go and put your G up on 24's...)
LOL.. your right, i'll probably end up putting alot more money than i intend to on this car. But we shall see. My previous 2 vehicles were heavily modded. One of the reason i got this car was because i thought it had a great overall balance of sport and luxury and didnt think i would do much to a car like this. But we shall see!! And hells no i would never go above 19 on this car!! Although 20's could look good too.

Hmm, this whole stillen thing may go out the window because i dont see the splitter listed for 2012 g37 or even the 2011... But reading your post seems to suggest that i could just get a 2008 Sport front splitter? I'll look into that.

Thanks !
Old 08-23-2012, 03:04 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
11/12 Sport bumper all day. Add some IPL sides and.....
Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
The Stillen splitter looks ok but there are several posts on here saying that unless you install the metal supports that hold the splitter onto the front bumper, the splitter rips off at high speeds. I don't like the look of the metal supports at all...so my vote is for the sport bumper
Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
IPL all the way!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 AM
j23a45m

the new sport bumper is sick, I would do it again if i got bored of my Aero front.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM
1BAD2012IPL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IPL all the way!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 AM
nseriessaga

thanks for the input guys.. Im actually not a huge fan of the IPL. It sticks out a bit too far for my likings and i dont like chrome incorporated into the bumper. This is part of the reason im leaning more towards the sport bumper rather than just putting the splitter on mine. the 2012 base bumpers have chrome where the foglights are and i hate it. Maybe i'll get it painted matte black or something.

But as of now im leaning towards the sport bumper as long as i can get my hands on one. But I may get the splitter anyway because im gonna be keeping my current bumper either way, so i can try both and see which i like.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by nseriessaga
thanks for the input guys.. Im actually not a huge fan of the IPL. It sticks out a bit too far for my likings and i dont like chrome incorporated into the bumper. This is part of the reason im leaning more towards the sport bumper rather than just putting the splitter on mine. the 2012 base bumpers have chrome where the foglights are and i hate it. Maybe i'll get it painted matte black or something.

But as of now im leaning towards the sport bumper as long as i can get my hands on one. But I may get the splitter anyway because im gonna be keeping my current bumper either way, so i can try both and see which i like.
all bumpers have the chrome around the fog bezel besides the true ipl!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM
AceJack

^but you can easily paint over it or plasti dip it
Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by AceJack
+1 ^^^

I've been thinking about painting the chrome around the fog lights, but a few friends and I noticed that it creates a focal point and draws your attention to it, and somehow makes your car look lower. It's psychological, the same goes for the little city light bulbs, I did not like their color so I thought about swapping them out for LEDs like many guys here have done, but decided to just remove the bulbs altogether and it made the car look wider.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 AM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by AceJack
I know this, but i was informing and responding to the op.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The sport bumper FTW and throw in a midnight black grille while you're at it!

Name:  Grille.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  87.6 KB
Old 08-26-2012, 03:15 PM
nseriessaga

MoonliteMadness, looks fantastic bro! Ahhh decisions desicions.. I just saw a IPL in white yesterday and I actually liked it ALOT!! I had only seen the black one prior to yesterday.. I'm in talks with someone to purchase a sport bumper... if the deal doesn't go through I think I'm gonna go IPL fellas.. will let everyone know what happens and also post pics once I'm done! Thanks all!

Quick Reply: Poll: 2012 Base Bumper + Stillen Splitter or 2012 Sport Bumper?