Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Luxury > Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
joshk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luxury > Speed

So after driving around a g for 3 weeks, i felt like the car felt a bit sluggish till you hit your higher rpm. Then I saw my friend's sti and mustang gt so much quicker than my G and i started to crave more speed. I was honestly doubting if i purchased the wrong car and thought about selling my g to get a mustang gt TILL i actually test drove my friends GT and even the STI; and let me tell you.... i will take luxury over speed ANYDAY of the week. Yes it was fast as hell, but the interior was not as nice, the steering wheel felt light and I FELT EVERY SINGLE BUMP ON THE ROAD. Even the ac/heater was not as nice and the minor finishing detail and thats when i realized why a g has such great reviews. Im sorry for doubt you g... Unless you can afford a car who gives you both
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by joshk
So after driving around a g for 3 weeks, i felt like the car felt a bit sluggish till you hit your higher rpm. Then I saw my friend's sti and mustang gt so much quicker than my G and i started to crave more speed. I was honestly doubting if i purchased the wrong car and thought about selling my g to get a mustang gt TILL i actually test drove my friends GT and even the STI; and let me tell you.... i will take luxury over speed ANYDAY of the week. Yes it was fast as hell, but the interior was not as nice, the steering wheel felt light and I FELT EVERY SINGLE BUMP ON THE ROAD. Even the ac/heater was not as nice and the minor finishing detail and thats when i realized why a g has such great reviews. Im sorry for doubt you g... Unless you can afford a car who gives you both
Yup, preaching to the choir, the G is fast enough for a DD and as a DD it's comfortable and stylish. I'm so sick of seeing Mustangs (Camaro's as well), they are everywhere. I'll keep my G any day!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Yup, preaching to the choir, the G is fast enough for a DD and as a DD it's comfortable and stylish. I'm so sick of seeing Mustangs (Camaro's as well), they are everywhere. I'll keep my G any day!
^^+1 to that! there are a lot of mustangs, cameros and stis here...ugh haha
Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM
stanv

Originally Posted by joshk
I have to absolutely agree. It's such a rough and irritating drive sometimes (on other cars I mean).
I love the acceleration in the G (although quicker wouldn't hurt, but for what this car is worth it puts up a very nice amount), but I wouldn't want to sacrifice the luxury aspect of it.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not the biggest fan of the G interior. I don't like how you automatically get a tan/khaki colored roof and pillars. I myself would prefer them to be black. Then to through a plastic brushed metal in on top of that is equally as bad.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:06 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Did you drive a brand new 5.0? The interior is about the same as ours. If you're talking features the sync and glass roof options actually make it nicer IMO.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Did you drive a brand new 5.0? The interior is about the same as ours.
Yea i did hear the interior did get a huge upgrade but no i have not drove the newest one. It was a 2011 but not sure how much of the bumpy feeling would have changed but then again... i would need to drive one to know
Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ "Have you driven a Ford lately" lol....
Go check out the 2013, you'll be surprised. But fully loaded its more than a fully loaded G, which I really don't understand.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
I'm not the biggest fan of the G interior. I don't like how you automatically get a tan/khaki colored roof and pillars. I myself would prefer them to be black. Then to through a plastic brushed metal in on top of that is equally as bad.
I think compare to alot of cars in the same class, its defiantly nicer than alot of others. But more than the interior, the g felt way more smoother of a drive and its heavy, but makes it feel like your more in control
Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would say our car is the best of both worlds.... good amount of lux and a good amount of speed......considering its price. its def no rocket, but its no slouch either.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
DashKid
Banned

Well I tend to agree on you on this but different people have different means. Now if I wanted a weekend car I would differently not buy the G. It would be more in the lines of an STI, EVO, GT cause on the weekend car I want to enjoy a car that went fast.

P.S if I get situated by this November everyone will get to see a big surprise .
Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by DashKid
Well I tend to agree on you on this but different people have different means. Now if I wanted a weekend car I would differently not buy the G. It would be more in the lines of an STI, EVO, GT cause on the weekend car I want to enjoy a car that went fast.

P.S if I get situated by this November everyone will get to see a big surprise .
yes for sure if were talking weekend car no doubt but for my DD
Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
It's still a Mustang and they are everwhere ... looks are nothing special IMHO. I'll still take my G even if the Mustang is faster. I think some people are afraid to criticize the Mustang (or other American muscle cars) because it's deemed sacrilege. Those cars are just not for me ... didn't like them as a kid, don't like them now.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm missing something here, isn't our G faster than the V6 Stang of that era? I'm pretty sure it is, because I smoked a Camaro and even a GT... We can't start comparing the new Camaros or Mustangs to our G, which has been the same car since 07... Even worse comparing it against a V8...

American car designers have made huge improvements, but I still don't understand how an American car costs the same or more than one that had to come from across the pond.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:22 PM
AnJing408

one big downside of the G is the poor fuel economy which is why i got rid of mine. Spending $300+ a week on gas is just not worth keeping.

Quick Reply: Luxury > Speed