Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Luxury > Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Hang around! The more the merrier!

The G is in the middle of the pack when it comes to speed and acceleration. Yeah there are faster cars but are they as comfy, or smooth or do they look as nice? Given the time and money, I too could make my G faster than any car off the lot. Who cares? People at the stop light looking for a quick race should look elsewhere when I'm driving because guess what...that's not why I bought the car. Who's cushioned in luxury?? Not the civic, mustang, camaro, lancer, or genesis that's pulled next to me.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
stanv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Hang around! The more the merrier!

The G is in the middle of the pack when it comes to speed and acceleration. Yeah there are faster cars but are they as comfy, or smooth or do they look as nice? Given the time and money, I too could make my G faster than any car off the lot. Who cares? People at the stop light looking for a quick race should look elsewhere when I'm driving because guess what...that's not why I bought the car. Who's cushioned in luxury?? Not the civic, mustang, camaro, lancer, or genesis that's pulled next to me.
Exactly. Although, occasionally accelerating past them when they anger you until the next light is quite fun too.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by stanv
Ah I see. So it's a height issue. That could get irritating...
I love my Sedan. It feels like there's a lot more room than in the coupe.
Well DUH
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
QCityFinest

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Well DUH
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a hair over 6'3" here and about 115. As soon as I drove the car off the dealer's lot, I noticed the issue with the seat belt trying to slice my neck...lol. Soon I found out that you can actually regulate the height at which the seat belt rests. Just take the end of the white plastic seat belt extender and raise it until you reach the desired height. If you notice, it actually has a few notches there which will hold that bracket where you leave it.

Name:  infiniti-g37-coupe-5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  26.7 KB

Hope this helps!

(I got lazy and instead of taking a pic of my own car, I found this one online. Faster too...LOL)
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Tonewheel

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
It's still a Mustang and they are everwhere ... looks are nothing special IMHO. I'll still take my G even if the Mustang is faster. I think some people are afraid to criticize the Mustang (or other American muscle cars) because it's deemed sacrilege. Those cars are just not for me ... didn't like them as a kid, don't like them now.
Well how about this for sacrilege...

Corvettes suck. Ever drive or ride in one? The axle is glued to the frame! Worst ride ever, very uncomfortable interior. Seems to appeal to guys in their 60s that grew up with that car, and think it's the bees knees. It isn't.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Tonewheel

Originally Posted by DashKid
Just got to drive a 335i sedan again and my god. Seems like I am falling towards the dark side. The car got a HUGE HUGE HUGE upgrades on the interior. The navi screens comes out from the dash when you turn on the car. Power is still there (rapes the G any day of the week), fuel mileage is still great. Was a averaging about 28 mphs going 70 on the highway.

Right now BMW is the best bang for the buck. 50K (which is only 10k more) you get 2 or 3 times better interior, better performance, better leather.

After that got back into my G and was like my G is a POS compared to that car.
Before you buy one, get friendly with the BMW Service Manager. Get to know him on a first name basis. Be nice to him. He's going to be your bestest new buddy.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by Tonewheel

Corvettes suck. Ever drive or ride in one? The axle is glued to the frame! Worst ride ever, very uncomfortable interior. Seems to appeal to guys in their 60s that grew up with that car, and think it's the bees knees. It isn't.

I was actually about to buy a Vette before I considered my nice G, but soon realized that I didn't want to get a coupe without a backseat; see I have a 5 year old girl and wanted her to also enjoy a ride if she wanted to come with me...well, she absolutely loves it! First thing she asks for is to have the sunroof open and then she says "Daddy go fast!" and she goes broooom imitating the exhaust... Sorry if it doesn't sound bad***, but I wanted to get a nice sporty coupe, but also wanted to still be part of my own family...LOL

Second thing about the Vette is the interior. Absolute garbage and in the same group than the Mustang, Viper, and all these American muscle cars. Don't get me wrong, I love their power and V8 awesome growl, but they can only go really really fast, if you go really really straight!

Corvettes are nice looking cars though, I just wish their interiors matched the care GM put into designing the exterior. It's the same thing with Cadillacs, we all know most of our consoles are full of plastic, but as soon as you sit inside a Caddy, you KNOW it's all plastic. Again, newer models may look better now that Hyundai and Kia are stepping up and looking better than American cars interiors...

The newer Vettes and Stangs look nicer inside, but I still wouldn't get one, but that is just my opinion. I am in no way saying that the G is better than those cars, but for me and my circumstances, my G is just right!

Before you buy one, get friendly with the BMW Service Manager. Get to know him on a first name basis. Be nice to him. He's going to be your bestest new buddy.

I keep hearing this about BMWs. Are they really THAT bad, or is it people not maintaining them right?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Not a fan of them either ...but I almost bought one. In the 80's, small engine, grey with T-tops and a white interior .... glad I didn't
Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 AM
desertmike680

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I had a 2008 G37 cert pre owned for 10 months, and it was honestly the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. I really hate to say it, but I got F'ed by the dealership and was sold a lemon. Problem after problem, hence I couldnt take it anymore and traded it in for a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah I miss the luxury aspects and yeah I took a HUGE financial hit, but you gotta do what you gotta do. With that, the dealership wouldnt do anything for me obviously. Towed my car there a few times, bitched at them about the unibody frame being completely bent and supposedly restored back to specs. Such a shame.....what a beautiful car. But here in Vegas, G's are allover the place. My Mazdaspeed 3 on the other hand are rare. And it seems that people are more intimidated by my Mazda then my old G. Hmm...interesting enough...
Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 AM
UncleFunkle
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by desertmike680
But here in Vegas, G's are allover the place....

I dont see too many 37's out here. I have seen a red coupe and the same black sedan and IPL Malbec black. I see plenty of M and G 35's.

I love my G coupe, but would not call it a true luxury car, maybe entry-level luxury. Granted I would take it any day to an American coupe. BMW, nah, over priced maintenance is no worth it and the interior has changed very little over the past decade. However, I think my nest car will be the M series. I remember when my mother was looking for another car and I sent her looking at the typical cars, Acura, BMW, Lexus and yes, even Lincon. She ended up going with the G sedan and never looked back. I just wish I had a real trunk, and not a glove compartment in the rear that is being passed off as a trunk.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM
DashKid
Banned

LOL not totally true. Like I posted earlier co worker has an 07 335i with 69K miles, upgraded his turbo, AGGRESSIVE TUNE, makes over 480 hp to the wheels and hasn't had a single problem expect for some recall with the over heating but that was stock. He only has taken it to the shop once and that was his fault for trying to brake boost.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by desertmike680
I had a 2008 G37 cert pre owned for 10 months, and it was honestly the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. I really hate to say it, but I got F'ed by the dealership and was sold a lemon. Problem after problem, hence I couldnt take it anymore and traded it in for a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah I miss the luxury aspects and yeah I took a HUGE financial hit, but you gotta do what you gotta do. With that, the dealership wouldnt do anything for me obviously. Towed my car there a few times, bitched at them about the unibody frame being completely bent and supposedly restored back to specs. Such a shame.....what a beautiful car. But here in Vegas, G's are allover the place. My Mazdaspeed 3 on the other hand are rare. And it seems that people are more intimidated by my Mazda then my old G. Hmm...interesting enough...
I also see G's every where too. It has now become the civics here. There is already 3 of them excluding mine in the parking garage where I work.

Last edited by DashKid; 08-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by DashKid
I also see G's every where too. It has now become the civics here. There is already 3 of them excluding mine in the parking garage where I work.

I bet you can't wait for the new G to come out and be special again! And I don't mean it in a mean way...

Would you get one, or go BMW?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jon23

Don't get me wrong, I love their power and V8 awesome growl, but they can only go really really fast, if you go really really straight!

Totally incorrect about the Vette and Viper...Mustang yes, but the Vette an Viper are by no means just fast in a straight line. Both of those cars will out handle a G any day...

Quick Reply: Luxury > Speed