G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Luxury > Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 PM
joshk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnJing mad hating on the g. And i cant believe you perfer a celica over a g37 HAHAH what a joke. Please.. lets ATLEASE keep it in perspective. I doubt you would really pick a celica over your g or you woulda sold your g and got a celica. Yea used g35 are dirt cheap, but this is a g37 forum. I dont see g37 going for same price as a civic and no g37 is not the same as a g35. By no means am i saying g37's are in the same class as bimmer like some people want it to be BUT honestly comparing and test driving other cars, it was by far one of the smoothest ride and felt honestly luxurious. I feel like your the type that get a car then automatically hates it after a year of owning it. Try leasing buddy make your life easier. And yes all cars have flaws.. I guess for us one of it its the seatbelts.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
AnJing408

Originally Posted by joshk
AnJing mad hating on the g. And i cant believe you perfer a celica over a g37 HAHAH what a joke. Please.. lets ATLEASE keep it in perspective. I doubt you would really pick a celica over your g or you woulda sold your g and got a celica. Yea used g35 are dirt cheap, but this is a g37 forum. I dont see g37 going for same price as a civic and no g37 is not the same as a g35. By no means am i saying g37's are in the same class as bimmer like some people want it to be BUT honestly comparing and test driving other cars, it was by far one of the smoothest ride and felt honestly luxurious. I feel like your the type that get a car then automatically hates it after a year of owning it. Try leasing buddy make your life easier. And yes all cars have flaws.. I guess for us one of it its the seatbelts.
Oh i'm not hating on the G, infact i still think its the best bang for the buck. I'm just saying there are too many issues here and there that a $45k car should not have. I seriously do enjoy driving the celica more then my G. I save tons on gas, i could careless about door dings from others since i only pay $4k for it and everything works perfectly. Can't say the same about the G.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Yup, preaching to the choir, the G is fast enough for a DD and as a DD it's comfortable and stylish. I'm so sick of seeing Mustangs (Camaro's as well), they are everywhere. I'll keep my G any day!
AMEN! B4 I got my G I was looking at a new Mustang GT and my brother helped me come to that conclusion. It's WAY too many on the road unless you get a Cobra or Shelby. And who is going to spend 60K on that? lol

There's really not much better than the G for what you get. At least not in this class/price range. I wish it was a but faster but it does the job.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Wow ..... this was painful to read.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 AM
joshk

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Wow ..... this was painful to read.
it was meant to torture grammar freaks like you
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
2008G-Man

Not a grammar freak just a fan of the English language ......
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
stanv

Originally Posted by AnJing408
Oh i'm not hating on the G, infact i still think its the best bang for the buck. I'm just saying there are too many issues here and there that a $45k car should not have. I seriously do enjoy driving the celica more then my G. I save tons on gas, i could careless about door dings from others since i only pay $4k for it and everything works perfectly. Can't say the same about the G.
Filling up premium vs. regular is about a $3 difference per 10 gallons (sometimes less).
A Celica is one of the ugliest things to come out of Toyota (of course they didn't fail to continue by making that Yaris, Prius and Matrix garbage).

& for all the seatbelt comments, I don't understand, are all of you guys 250+lbs? Cause that never bothered me even if I was in just a tank top...
Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by stanv
Filling up premium vs. regular is about a $3 difference per 10 gallons (sometimes less).
A Celica is one of the ugliest things to come out of Toyota (of course they didn't fail to continue by making that Yaris, Prius and Matrix garbage).

& for all the seatbelt comments, I don't understand, are all of you guys 250+lbs? Cause that never bothered me even if I was in just a tank top...
Well I'm about 5'6 130 lbs and that seat belt is bad. If I don't wear a collared t-shirt it will budge into my neck.

I agree with the seat belts that it sucks for our G along with a lot of the stuff.

Last edited by DashKid; 08-14-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by stanv

Yea i honestly never had seat belt problems either.. kinda weird. I'm 6'0 162
Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Yea i honestly never had seat belt problems either.. kinda weird. I'm 6'0 162

It affects the coupes. They ride fairly high up towards the neck. I am 180# and I had to put a sheep skin pad on the seat belt so it wouldn't drive the wife (105#) and I crazy. It's one of those things that bugged me at first but now I don't even notice.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
2008G-Man

Coupe owner, 6'3", 230 and no issues for me with seat belt (other than my head grazing the roof with sun roof liner closed).
Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM
stanv

Ah I see. So it's a height issue. That could get irritating...
I love my Sedan. It feels like there's a lot more room than in the coupe.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by Tazicon
It affects the coupes. They ride fairly high up towards the neck. I am 180# and I had to put a sheep skin pad on the seat belt so it wouldn't drive the wife (105#) and I crazy. It's one of those things that bugged me at first but now I don't even notice.
mine is a coupe
Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Audi_2_G37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lothar52
The G to me seems like so much more then a DD, and where I am from - its total luxury!! Columbus, Ohio. In this town your lucky if you ever see a jaguar, aston martin, lambo, or ferrari. This town your high class if u got a infinti (G coupe is the prettiest), BMW (usually the ones I see are OLD - not a M3!), Merc (again OLD, though I did see a CL63 AMG some doctor was driving and my jaw dropped), or a Caddy (Doh!!). Everyone else is driving 10 yr old Ford Taurus's with different colored body panels and dents!!!!!
I just moved to Columbus this week. I'm living in the arena district. And you are definitely correct, I have not seen many luxury cars around here. There is a brand new vette in my parking garage though. However in NJ, where I'm moving from, G's are just commonplace.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM
dummiboi

i'm 5'9 with spikey hair and my hair touches the roof if i'm not sitting far enough back

Quick Reply: Luxury > Speed