G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just got a 2013 G37xS iso some opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM
budiu22

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just got a 2013 G37xS iso some opinions!

Hey, i just purchased a g37xS, its the all wheel drive with sport package, stick and comes with all the options i believe =]
Its red on black interior.

I was wondering what are the mods i should do to it right of the bat!

As of right now my list for next week is:

Tints on the windows
Tints on the tail light (IM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE AT ALL) still looking at pics from people who did it
I was looking into using that matte black fabric to cover the rims so they look nice and black. My friend did it to this 2012 335i M line and it loooks really nice and its durable like he had it for over 4 months now and he only paid $35 for it.

Ok now comes the hard part that i dont have much knowledge

Cold air intakes i think will be something i can do right of the bat too. Not sure what is the best one out there so id like some opinions. I read something about a R2S? (i think i got the name wrong but its something along those lines)

After that is done, now i need some opinions. Exhaust? Supercharger? It all depends on price and quality for those ''bigger'' mods.

If you guys could provide me with some pics, and info on brands, rate their quality for me and im open to suggestions too!
BTW this is my 2nd G37 i leased my first car in 2008 was a G37S when it just came out i believe, but i returned it after the lease was over in 2010. I loved the car and finally decided to buy it this time =]
Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Sarah Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use the search button - you will find everything you need! Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:45 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
I am concerned with the fact that you are saying it is an awd and a stick, which is an impossibility
Old 08-12-2012, 01:23 AM
12' G37xs coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^true
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
13's are here?? Any difference from the 12?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
I am concerned with the fact that you are saying it is an awd and a stick, which is an impossibility

That's true. I thought maybe the 2013 model has a 6MT available, but nope:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_coupe/models-pricing

Only 3 trims available now.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
"comes with all the options i believe =]" You didn't research this prior? My crap detector is going off.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
budiu22

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Im picking it up tomorrow hopefully.
And yes it does comes in manual. Its X S not just X

Electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and Drive Sport (DS) mode. Driver-adaptive learning algorithm senses driving style and adjusts automatic shifting accordingly. Manual shift mode offers sequentially selectable manual gearshifts and Downshift Rev Matching (DRM)

and i said i believe it comes with all the options because its FULLY loaded, this will be my second g 37 and my first one was a black on black fully loaded so i kinda know everything that comes with it, minus small improvements they prolly have from the years difference...

i mean to say manual lol not stick =] because im from brazil, and in portuguese, manual = stick shifter, But i mean butterfly pedals in this case
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by budiu22

Electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and Drive Sport (DS) mode. Driver-adaptive learning algorithm senses driving style and adjusts automatic shifting accordingly. Manual shift mode offers sequentially selectable manual gearshifts and Downshift Rev Matching (DRM)

and i said i believe it comes with all the options because its FULLY loaded, this will be my second g 37 and my first one was a black on black fully loaded so i kinda know everything that comes with it, minus small improvements they prolly have from the years difference...

i mean to say manual lol not stick =] because im from brazil, and in portuguese, manual = stick shifter, But i mean butterfly pedals in this case

...Get ready, here it comes...
Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 AM
GuyLegend

Congrats on your purchase, post some pics when you get it.

Oh and you bought an automatic. Stick = manual = clutch pedal.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 AM
stanv

Originally Posted by GuyLegend
Congrats on your purchase, post some pics when you get it.

Oh and you bought an automatic. Stick = manual = clutch pedal.
Exactly.
Congrats on your purchase and welcome.
But you have an option to play around with it "manually", just like any other G37x. It's not a true stick shift/manual.

Also, check out all of the posts which were stickied in their respectable sections and I'm sure you'll learn a few things.

You'll be getting a lot of hateful responses if you're gana just slack off and expect everyone to search for you when you can easily do it yourself. I for one don't know much about modding or anything so I can't be of much help, but there are a lot of very educated people on the forum which can definitely give you advice as long as you do research prior to asking your question.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by budiu22

From the website, I couldn't notice any new features. I have a fully loaded 08 coupe 6MT, so I also know the options I have. If there are any differences, it would be that learning function the transmission has, but then again, it's because it is an automatic car.

And...."butterfly pedals"? This must be a new touch! Are they also pink in color? Just messing with you!

Congrats and enjoy your second G!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 493 Posts
Maybe the definition of a stick car should be revised to make mention of 3 pedals, not 2. Albeit, third pedal not to be confused with the parking brake

As for mods, stabilizer bars will help with the body roll.

Performance wise, I doubt an exhaust/intake will give you much noticeable gains other than numbers bragging rights. 10-20 HP is negligible for what you pay to get there. A different exhaust will make the car sound better though. Stock exhaust (even on the S) is whisper quiet, esp on the sedans, though it is a bit louder on the coupes.

Save up $$$ and put a SC on there. Now that will yield some better numbers (100+hp gain at the wheels).