G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Need suggestions. someone hit my car in parking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Twysted37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fog lights will run you around 105 shipped. It's up to you if you replace the washer tank or just remove it all together. I removed mine since I never used it anyway.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
anomalocaris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

750$ deductible. That's a pretty high deductible...
That's how cut-rate insurance companies hook new members with a low monthly premium - high deductibles. The premium gets surprisingly higher with a $500 deductible....

Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by LftSdDrv
Think the aero bumpers are $283 not $385 as mentioned above.

You are correct, the IPL bumper in Blue Slate and Liquid Platinum are still $283 and not $385 as I had mentioned before. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
WREKZ

Originally Posted by gvmohan6
Hi All,
I own 2008 G37Sport 6MT coupe, Black Obsidian. I still have it as stock. No mods yet. I live in Philadelphia. My car was hit by someone in the parking area. I don't know who did it. No cameras in the area where I parked. I am attaching pictures to give general idea of the damage.
I have Geico insurance with 500 deductible. I need suggestions on how to handle this situation.

I am a noob when it comes to auto modifications or repairs. I have to completely rely on dealers.
I already drove 55K miles and thinking of replacing rotors and pads. Called my dealer and he gave me a quote for $575 front & $575 rear(includes labor).
Thanks to TunerzStore for sending a quote on StopTech rotors and hsk pads.

Since then I have been actively researching on brakes and still don't understand a bit.
Then I realized I need a good Auto Body shop.
And couldn't find much help on good Auto mod shops in and around philly area on the internet.

--I am interested in following mods.
-- IPL front bumper
-- Grille
-- Tires & Wheels
--Quad tips exhaust(mangaflow).

I don't race. So, I don't need to worry about tuning and stuff.

Knowledgeable members please put me in the right direction.

1.) Should I go with my insurance company for replacing bumper and for removing dent on the side panel?

2.) I have read many members talking about 2011 IPL G front bumper for 2008 G coupe. Is it possible to get IPL bumper and make insurance company pay for it?

3.) Any better auto care shops in and around Philly to establish a good relationship for all my G37 repair & mod needs?

I have a 2012 BMW 328i sedan as well for daily commuting needs. So, I can wait until I find a trustworthy Auto body shop.

Thanks in advance.

-Mohan
i got hit as well in the parking lot, didn't know who did it, didn't have cameras ect. i made a police report just for future reference. i went to a collision center (company owned) i got an estimate just to fix the front bumper (not a new bumper) and paint it was around 1300. 700 was just for the labor and paint labor. i wasnt going to pay that much money. my deductible was 500 my insurance is farmers. i kept looking around body shops they all quoted me around 1200-1500 . luckily i found a body shop(family owned) that quoted me 400 to fix and paint the bumper all labor work everything . ended up taking it there saved me a lot of money and looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Need suggestions. someone hit my car in parking.-1344225723979.jpg   Need suggestions. someone hit my car in parking.-1344225726860.jpg   Need suggestions. someone hit my car in parking.-1344225729726.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by WREKZ
i got hit as well in the parking lot, didn't know who did it, didn't have cameras ect. i made a police report just for future reference. i went to a collision center (company owned) i got an estimate just to fix the front bumper (not a new bumper) and paint it was around 1300. 700 was just for the labor and paint labor. i wasnt going to pay that much money. my deductible was 500 my insurance is farmers. i kept looking around body shops they all quoted me around 1200-1500 . luckily i found a body shop(family owned) that quoted me 400 to fix and paint the bumper all labor work everything . ended up taking it there saved me a lot of money and looks great.

^^^ Good advice for the OP, shop around and do NOT go straight to your insurance company for the estimate. Find an auto body shop that will do the adjusting for you, that way you can get a better deal. Unfortunately, I did not know this and went straight to my insurance, but a friend of mine recommended me a great body shop, and with just a little bit extra cash I was able to get my whole bumper repainted (car had been in a little accident before I bought it and fixed horribly).

And about the washer delete, I wouldn't do that. Well, it depends where you live I guess. But it's just $100 anyways. Adding fog lights will cost you a lot more than 105 (that's just for the housings), you still need the new bracket assemblies that replace your "faux vents" which are more expensive than the fogs themselves...

Also about your breaks, why do you want to replace the rotors? Are they that bad? I know I was overcharged at the dealer, but my breakjob was about $600 for new ceramic pads and resurfacing of all discs. But for $600 you can get a better setup anyways.

I saw that you also want an exhaust. I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear or read "Magnaflow" the only thing that comes to mind is cheap straight pipes on a Mustang, no offense to anyone. They are easy on your wallet though.

At one point I was also where you are right now about mods and fixing cars, but read through this forum and you will learn so much about your car, that your hands will just ITCH to start tearing this thing apart!

It may sound dumb, but I've never felt closer to any car I've owned than to this G37, and it's due to the many things I've done to it so far. Try doing some things yourself, you won't regret it
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 AM
gvmohan6

Originally Posted by WREKZ

Thank you for the advice. Today my work is to find a body shop and get estimates.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 AM
gvmohan6

Originally Posted by jon23
^^^ Good advice for the OP, shop around and do NOT go straight to your insurance company for the estimate. Find an auto body shop that will do the adjusting for you, that way you can get a better deal. Unfortunately, I did not know this and went straight to my insurance, but a friend of mine recommended me a great body shop, and with just a little bit extra cash I was able to get my whole bumper repainted (car had been in a little accident before I bought it and fixed horribly).

And about the washer delete, I wouldn't do that. Well, it depends where you live I guess. But it's just $100 anyways. Adding fog lights will cost you a lot more than 105 (that's just for the housings), you still need the new bracket assemblies that replace your "faux vents" which are more expensive than the fogs themselves...

Also about your breaks, why do you want to replace the rotors? Are they that bad? I know I was overcharged at the dealer, but my breakjob was about $600 for new ceramic pads and resurfacing of all discs. But for $600 you can get a better setup anyways.

I saw that you also want an exhaust. I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear or read "Magnaflow" the only thing that comes to mind is cheap straight pipes on a Mustang, no offense to anyone. They are easy on your wallet though.

At one point I was also where you are right now about mods and fixing cars, but read through this forum and you will learn so much about your car, that your hands will just ITCH to start tearing this thing apart!

It may sound dumb, but I've never felt closer to any car I've owned than to this G37, and it's due to the many things I've done to it so far. Try doing some things yourself, you won't regret it
Okay. I will research more on exhaust then. I was looking for quad tips exhaust options.
Understood the connection you had with the G37. I also like it so much that I was supposed to trade-in G37 for BMW, then later I felt I can't do it and kept it. I did a small work on my own in 2010. I was able to keep the video from my cell phone on the G37 screen while driving (using the help from this forum).
Hopefully will do more things.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 AM
DashKid
Banned

But I am not on fault. I hope my premium stays the same.
It does not matter. Unless it was a stationary object that you couldn't avoid then it will go under collision and that will show up for at least 3 to 5 years on your driving insurance record. If you never filed a claim before then will not kick you out. Now if you filed a lot of claims then they will.

I thought I had $500 deductible. When I called insurance they said it is $750 on collision coverage.
I want to add some more money to the check for replacing rotors & pads.
Get your hands dirty and little and try it yourself. So that way you can get high class brakes and rotors and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the labor.

Last edited by DashKid; 08-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM
gvmohan6

Originally Posted by DashKid
It does not matter. Unless it was a stationary object that you couldn't avoid then it will go under collision and that will show up for at least 3 to 5 years on your driving insurance record. If you never filed a claim before then why will not kick you out. Now if you filed a lot of claims then they will.

Get your hands dirty and little and try it yourself. So that way you can get high class brakes and rotors and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the labor.
Thanks DashKid for motivation. I will definitely do it by myself. Will keep you all posted.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:11 AM
DashKid
Banned

Thanks DashKid for motivation. I will definitely do it by myself. Will keep you all posted.
Yeah man. I got the ebc gold rotors and gold brake pads for like $700 front an rear. At the stealership they wanted 1500 for the rotors and pads, but they were going to use the oem stuff and I was like nope.

If it is your first time it might take you a while. It took me 6 hours to do the front and rear because it was my first time doing the rotors for my car so it took a while to break the bolts loose. My second time only took me 3 hours to do the front and rears.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Twysted37

Originally Posted by jon23

What bracket assembly are you talking about? All you need is the fog light housing and bulbs...am I missing something?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
But I am not on fault. I hope my premium stays the same.
Doesn't matter .... since you don't know who hit you and you can't have their insurance company pay, Geico has to write the check. My neighbor works for Geico and he has said on numerious occasions, Geico likes to either drop you or sky-rocket your premiums after a claim. You are viewed as a risk after that, risks cost them money. At fault doesn't matter, it's like the old addage, "There is no room for comments on the score card"
Old 08-06-2012, 04:37 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by Twysted37
What bracket assembly are you talking about? All you need is the fog light housing and bulbs...am I missing something?

The OP has an 08 Coupe, which didn't come with factory fogs on the bumper, and the pictures show he doesn't have them either. In order to add factory fogs to his bumper, the OP will need the fog light housing and bulbs (as you have correctly pointed out), but he also needs the bracket assembly and the rest of hardware to mount these parts on the bumper fog light openings and some extra wiring to relocate the current fogs to the bottom.

To illustrate better, I took this image from TvPostSound (hope you don't mind bro):

The part at the top is the fog light housing and light bulb (which usually comes together), the bottom 3 pieces are what holds the housing to the bumper and they replace the existing "faux vents"

Name:  964ffca2.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  192.0 KB

How did you expect to mount the fog light housing to the bumper? Now I'm confused...

Sorry about the thread jack OP, but what you see above is what you will need to add fogs to the sport bumper you currently have. But if you are able to get the IPL bumper out of it, then all you will need, as Twysted37 mentioned earlier, is the fog light housings and bulbs, some wiring, and the optional slim tank.

Last edited by jon23; 08-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
gvmohan6

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Doesn't matter .... since you don't know who hit you and you can't have their insurance company pay, Geico has to write the check. My neighbor works for Geico and he has said on numerious occasions, Geico likes to either drop you or sky-rocket your premiums after a claim. You are viewed as a risk after that, risks cost them money. At fault doesn't matter, it's like the old addage, "There is no room for comments on the score card"
If that is the case then I can't do anything at this time. I have already reported a claim. If geico increases my premium, I just have to pay. No other way.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 PM
gvmohan6

Found a collision center and a speed shop together close to my work. It's in Philly suburbs. Insurance adjuster will check damages on wednesday.

I have to wait and see what they have to say.

Can someone share me the link to 2008 G37 coupe front bumper Black color?

Infiniti USA eStore is only showing NO PAINT bumpers.

Thank you all.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions. someone hit my car in parking.