Sponsored By:

Picking up my new G37xS Today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 PM
JJSoCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking up my new G37xS Today!

Hey Guys,

So today is finally the day I am getting my G37xS Coupe in Lapis Blue with Graphite interior! They had to swap out to get this car but luckily the car won't have too many miles on it. Originally I wanted MW with Graphite but it was impossible to find after weeks of searching so I settled with the blue. Wasn't a fan at first but it grew on me tremendously.

I have a 10' G37xS Sedan and they have the 3 month pull ahead so I took advantage with that, VPP, and its 24mo lease this time so I lucked out with this one. Plus I made them put the spoiler on the car since I think its hideous without.

Will post pics later!

Joe
Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Picking up a new car is very exciting. Good luck with the delivery and congratulations. I have a 2012 G37xS Coupe in moonlight white with graphite interior. I added the rear spoiler and the midnight black grille. I'm also running a set of the previous style 10-spoke 19-inch G37 sport rims that I had powder coated gun metal.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 PM
12' G37xs coupe

Moonlite madness can you post a pic of your wheels and the car i have the same idea I wanna do to Mine would love to see how it looks first
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cant wait to see your new G!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
MoonliteMadness

Originally Posted by 12' G37xs coupe
Moonlite madness can you post a pic of your wheels and the car i have the same idea I wanna do to Mine would love to see how it looks first
Here you go:
Name:  GunMetalRims2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  GunMetalRims.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  119.7 KB
Name:  Grille.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  87.6 KB
Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
12' G37xs coupe

Wow looks great thank u!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
JJSoCrazy

So guys I have some pics attached from my delivery yesterday and I must say I am IN LOVE with this color! I get so many compliments from everyone on how unique and beautiful it is!

I plan on doing tints and LED's inside and out, possibly HID's in the fogs. It's a 2 year lease so well see but so far I am very happy especially the difference in sound from the exhaust

Joe

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  162.6 KB
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  166.6 KB
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  157.9 KB
Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  108.0 KB
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  115.0 KB
Old 08-04-2012, 11:50 AM
MoonliteMadness

I love that color. It's very rare compared to Moonlight White! I see you had a K&N intake on your 2010 sedan. Did you keep it to re-install on your coupe? I have the K&N typhoon intake on my coupe and love it. My coupe is also leased and I am very selective with regards to the type of mods that I do. Good luck!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 PM
JJSoCrazy

Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
I love that color. It's very rare compared to Moonlight White! I see you had a K&N intake on your 2010 sedan. Did you keep it to re-install on your coupe? I have the K&N typhoon intake on my coupe and love it. My coupe is also leased and I am very selective with regards to the type of mods that I do. Good luck!
Thanks man, I actually had the K&N drop-in filters and I left them in the other car since I threw away the OEM ones. I will get fresh ones for the new car since its only $50 but after the 1000mi break in I will do it. However I was considering a nice CAI in the car, you like the typhoon?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 PM
MoonliteMadness

First, don't forget you need two drop-ins, so it will cost $100. Second, I got my K&N short-ram typhoon intake on E-Bay for a little over $300, including shipping. It was easy to install, with no cutting or modifications needed. I'm very happy with it. I can definitely feel and hear the difference - I love the roar from under the hood when you stomp on the accelerator. There are plenty of other intakes on the market that produce more gains, such as Stillen and Injen, but they cost almost double the price of the K&N and require some cutting and modifications under the hood. The K&N typhoon intake is a nice alternative for those who lease their vehicles. I actually had it on my leased 2009 G37x Coupe and recently re-installed it on my 2012 G37xS Coupe.

Last edited by MoonliteMadness; 08-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
JJSoCrazy

Yea we'll see I might just do the drop-in's or if I get a good deal on the typhoon then I'll do it.

I am def going to do tints, LED's all in/out, and I was looking to get the 180 Custom GTR Tails done but never seen it on the Lapis Blue, I wonder if it would look good or not.

Joe
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM
MoonliteMadness

Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy
Yea we'll see I might just do the drop-in's or if I get a good deal on the typhoon then I'll do it.

I am def going to do tints, LED's all in/out, and I was looking to get the 180 Custom GTR Tails done but never seen it on the Lapis Blue, I wonder if it would look good or not.

Joe
Here is the link to the K&N Typhoon intake, this is a good price. If you look hard, you may find it for $299.

K&N 69-7078TS Silver Typhoon Cold Air Intake Filter Assembly Easy To Install | eBay
Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 AM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Congratulations on the the new ride! I got mine in Vibrant "arrest me now officer" Red. I have changed all the interior LEDs including the door and glove box. Also the license plate and trunk (boot). I'm also changing (recently purchased) the "clearance" light next to the xenons. I might change the xenon bulbs to 6000K. I bought the 6000K bright blue LEDs for the clearance light. It's a very yellow and ugly 194 bulb! Putco....I have the part number if you can't find it. I'm also changing the fogs to Putco Pure 6000K Bright Blue Halogen bulbs...they look exactly like xenons at a fraction of the cost. I installed the plastic shield protector bra...it's not the 3M stuff...it's way better and is cut by computer. Protects the hood, front 1/4 panel, rear 1/4 in front of the rear wheel well and the mirrors. I could also do the bumper for $300...but I think two coats of wax ought to protect it too. I did the tints: driver side and passenger windows, sunroof, rear side windows and rear window. And up here in Montreal you need to have the Sherlock engraving of 47 parts on the car. I also have the new "Club", wheel lock...in RED too...that was a fluke. Pics of my new ride:
Name:  DSC04596.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  38.6 KB

G37xS. Mine was a dealer swap too...and from what I was told, the only G37xS Coupe in RED sold in Canada this year! The dealers up here only order 4 colors: Malbec, Asgard Grey, Black and White. Silver, blue, slate blue and red are almost never ordered. BTW I love that Blue...it's one of the nicest colors in the current automotive market. Very similar to the Subaru WRX STI blue.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 AM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The intakes that are out there that are good are: Fujita, Injen, RC2, Takeda and Stillen and the K&N Typhoon. My favorite bang for the buck is AFE's Takeda CAI that goes in front of the radiator. The stillen is similar. This intake is said to produce the most gains in HP and TQ. After that I'm going to reprogram the ECU with Uprev Osiris programming. It uses the cruise control to beep and flash through 5 programs including power, fuel economy and stealth (dealer) mode. I'm not sure about the exhaust...The S already has a good system. The HP at the engine with the intake and Osiris is close to 360 HP! Naturally aspirated brute force! Hard to believe....but the fuel economy at sport mode takes a bit of a beating. I've heard of dynos with limited bolt ons and Osiris at around 300 HP at the wheel. That is around 350+ at the engine. And the xS is faster than a regular G37S. Less wheel spin and more power to the ground...and torque vectoring!

I see that you have the splash guards...I ordered mine after had them istall it and I think the car looks better with them on too!

Last edited by xorbitman; 08-07-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 AM
JJSoCrazy

LOVE the red man looks really good and congrats! Thanks for the compliment! I am loving this blue more and more each day. I do have the splash guards, wheel locks, and illuminated side sills, it really makes a difference on the car. I am def changing the bulbs in the headlights as well with LED's, makes a big difference. Should be doing tints soon.

Joe

Quick Reply: Picking up my new G37xS Today!