Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Carbon Fiber Interior!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 PM
BL1024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber Interior!

Hey guys, I'm wanting to do a carbon finer vinyl all in my interior, but I don't know the safest/easiest way to take out the parts so I can do it, such as the "head unit" I guess you could say and all of that other stuff, any ideas will help! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

the way to access the center console is to first remove the shift ****. from there you can remove the lower center console and start working your way up to the main center console including the climate control unit and head unit. keep an eye out for hidden screws and wires/clips. if something isnt budging, its probably because something is holding it down. The car is still fully drivable without these pieces.

The door panels have two hidden screws, one behind the aluminum door handle piece and one behind a black plastic covering of the chrome locking mechanism. after that, clips hold the panel onto the door and with a tug it should come off. be careful of the speaker wires, lighting wires and other mechanisms including the power windows. the trim pieces themselves are screwed to the panels and removal of the panel is necessary to detach some of the trim.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
BL1024

Originally Posted by mystakin
the way to access the center console is to first remove the shift ****. from there you can remove the lower center console and start working your way up to the main center console including the climate control unit and head unit. keep an eye out for hidden screws and wires/clips. if something isnt budging, its probably because something is holding it down. The car is still fully drivable without these pieces.

The door panels have two hidden screws, one behind the aluminum door handle piece and one behind a black plastic covering of the chrome locking mechanism. after that, clips hold the panel onto the door and with a tug it should come off. be careful of the speaker wires, lighting wires and other mechanisms including the power windows. the trim pieces themselves are screwed to the panels and removal of the panel is necessary to detach some of the trim.
This was extremely helpful! Thank you!