Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

towed, damage, upset.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but from your pics it looks like curb damage caused by driving up on a high curb.

If a tow truck did it by picking it up from the rear and making the bumper drag, it seems there would be more damage to the lip below it by looking at where the scratches are on the bumper...they are very close to the lip instead of closer to the front like it would be from being picked too high in the rear.

Not defending the tow truck drive; I know they really don't care...but those pics don't show enough evidence to support it...I could be wrong though.
The biggest tell would be the direction of the plastic. If it was from the tow truck, being pulled from the rear too high, the front lip would have fringes of the plastic going towards the front of the car. If it was already there, it would be towards the rear of the car from pulling to close to stop curbs, etc.

Picture to me looks like previous damage.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 AM
snydnasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, thanks again for the advice and comments.

1) i know parking in the lot wasnt a good idea, but i've done it a bunch of times before and many others do too. usually not an issue, guess i was just really unlucky this time

2) i have no reason to lie on here. the damage was not there before and is there now. i just mounted that license plate frame on there 3 days before the picture was taken, i would have noticed the scrapes then. i have some other pictures that are clearer (those were taken at 1am the night of the incident and i have been out of town since then).

3) i never considered calling the insurance. if i were to file a claim, i feel like they would consider it "my fault" and raise my premium, but i could be wrong.

all in all, yes i shouldnt have parked there, but the towing company still has to be liable for damage, right? the reciept i signed to get my car does not release them of any damage to the car. and i did not get a chance to inspect it because the guy was literally rushing me out as he was closing the gate for night.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM
paleryeder

There's no doubt they did it and it is their fault, getting the money from them will be the problem. Have you got an estimate and talked to them about it yet?

Don't wait, you need proof you contacted them about it right away in case they won't pay.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 PM
snydnasty

Update: surprise surprise, got the run around from the sleazeball tow truck manager. some people just suck.

anyway, i contacted my insurance agent and while he wasnt 100% sure this would work, he recommended i file it as an uninsured motorist claim. assuming the claim is allowed, that is only a $200 or $250 deductible and allstate will deal with the rest from there, and my premium shouldn't increase.