Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
was she hot???
Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow dude! Bad weekend for some of us uh? I'm the one that ended up with the piece of wood lodged in my bumper.

Hope you are well health-wise and you won't have problems in the future due to this incident...

I feel your pain, your car looks awesome. Just as you said, so many hours making sure all fits well, only to have all that hard work ruined in a matter of seconds by some irresponsible ***** who shouldn't have been on the road in the first place? Don't feel bad for her, sometimes we all learn our lessons the hard way.

You are also right, had you not done something about it, she would've gotten away with it, and guess who would've ended up with the bill? YOU. And what's more important, if she hadn't gotten arrested, she probably would've continued that same lifestyle and had ended up hurting or killing someone later on. You did well my friend.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
burunet

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
this is just awesome.......ohhhhhhhhh thanks....
Old 07-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Tonewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to ask... How old was she?

The EXACT same sideswipe incident happened to my oldest daughter, but the girl pulled over right away. My daughter saw her texting for some time prior to her veering out of her lane. She told the cop about the texting and the girl denied it. My daughter (smart girl!) raised holy hell, and I got my attorney involved. He demanded the court order her phone records and voila - she was texting at the time of the accident. As texting and driving is against the law in Illinois (distracted driving law), she was fined $500, plus court costs, plus two tickets, plus a major league verbal thumping by the judge not just for texting...but for lying. She stood there crying, flanked by her father and his attorney. Car was fixed on the offender's dime.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM
37hevn

dont ever feel guilty about getting the hit and run *******s off the road. insurance would be so much nicer if everyone had it and didnt pull that ****
Old 07-17-2012, 02:18 PM
burunet

Originally Posted by Tonewheel
I have to ask... How old was she?

The EXACT same sideswipe incident happened to my oldest daughter, but the girl pulled over right away. My daughter saw her texting for some time prior to her veering out of her lane. She told the cop about the texting and the girl denied it. My daughter (smart girl!) raised holy hell, and I got my attorney involved. He demanded the court order her phone records and voila - she was texting at the time of the accident. As texting and driving is against the law in Illinois (distracted driving law), she was fined $500, plus court costs, plus two tickets, plus a major league verbal thumping by the judge not just for texting...but for lying. She stood there crying, flanked by her father and his attorney. Car was fixed on the offender's dime.
she's was 26. We have the same law up here, but the fine amount of $160 does not deter people from doing it whatsoever. If it would be a lot higher I am sure everybody would think twice before doing it.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
LftSdDrv

Sorry to hear man saw this thread earlier but didn't realize it was you. Did you decide whether your refinishing the rim or replacing... I also fell your pain knowing how precious are warm months are, if you replace your aero sides I could maybe asked if they can be tossed in with my bumper and sides to save on shipping...
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
GenomeTuning
Former Sponsor

stories like this is just full of win. people that run deserve the worst.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
burunet

Originally Posted by LftSdDrv
Sorry to hear man saw this thread earlier but didn't realize it was you. Did you decide whether your refinishing the rim or replacing... I also fell your pain knowing how precious are warm months are, if you replace your aero sides I could maybe asked if they can be tossed in with my bumper and sides to save on shipping...
I went to the bodyshop today and they told me they will try and refinish the wheel, but if it does not come out 100%, then I will have to buy another one and the insurance will reimburse me. If they won't be able to get it done properly I might just go ahead and get 10.5 x 20 +27 and have concave all around. Everything else they will take care of and the insurance will cover the costs. I won't have to pay anything since the ho's insurance will pay for all the damage. Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it LftSdDrv, but they will get the new IPL side from a GTA Infinity dealer. I am dropping the car off tomorow
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
was she hot???
I was just thinking the same thing! Could have worked something out in trade....
Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxdOut
I was just thinking the same thing! Could have worked something out in trade....
Trade....really ?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM
LftSdDrv

Hey let us know how it goes, guess you'll be back on track mid next week. Hopefully they mess up the rim and we get to see Concave all around.

I've been on CV 3's for a month now and can't get over how folks will sprain there necks as I drive by.