G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow that blows. Glad you're ok. Crap just last week here in ATL, this lady was driving on the highway, a semi going the other way had its transmission explode: gears fly over the median into oncoming traffic, goes through her windshield, cuts her arm off and kills her 8 yr old son. Just be thankful it wasn't bad like that. On a side note: last month I'm driving behind this slow douchebag, I don't feel like eating more rock chips so I back off this person and get into the lane next to him. 10 seconds later I see an ambulance 3 car length ahead of douchebag almost swerve into the car next to him. WTF? Then a split second later I see a LADDER shoot out from the ambulance's ****!!! Poor douchbag doesn't have a chance and crunches over that b!tch like Rosie O'Donnell at a rodeo. Felt so bad for that guy lulz. Better him than me though.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the wood trim went on the inside of the car?

In reality, I'm glad you are okay! That thing really could have been dangerous, and deadly if it was just a foot higher, as it would have hit your hood then came straight at your face. Like others have said go for the IPL now that you have to replace the washer bottle anyways and likely repaint the bumper. Don't forget you can negotiate with the insurance adjuster!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Ouch!!! That is really crazy...glad to know nothing happened to you!
Good luck with the repairs.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talk about slaying the dragon, lol.

Glad you're ok, sir. Thats a super freak accident.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Wholy crap man, Sorry, That crazy how the car in front of you shoot that at you and ripped into you bumper, hope INS covers it, My friend years ago( GSX) We where all on the HW coming back from the beach ( 3 Cars) and the car in front of him had a snowboard on the roof( Mini van). The Snow board blew off the car and right into his bumper, Or should I saw right through his front mount, His INS denined the claim saying they do not cover you hiiting an object in the road( Should been able to avoid it)..

He had to pay 1200$ for a new front moutm BTW car was undrivable and we had to tow it. .:/
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
burunet

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
WOW...sorry to see that man, glad to see you're okay...I had a drunk texting stupid driver side swipe me on the highway going 60mph..crazy weekend all around....
Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Wholy crap man, Sorry, That crazy how the car in front of you shoot that at you and ripped into you bumper, hope INS covers it, My friend years ago( GSX) We where all on the HW coming back from the beach ( 3 Cars) and the car in front of him had a snowboard on the roof( Mini van). The Snow board blew off the car and right into his bumper, Or should I saw right through his front mount, His INS denined the claim saying they do not cover you hiiting an object in the road( Should been able to avoid it)..

He had to pay 1200$ for a new front moutm BTW car was undrivable and we had to tow it. .:/
That's some terrible insurance coverage...I was behind a truck that ran over a board and it flew up in the air, came towards me, and knocked my mirror off my car. Insurance paid with no problems at all...
Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I really appreciate everyone's concern for my physical integrity. I am glad it didn't end up in an injury of some kind. Thanks again to all of you!

To answer some questions, my car is OB, so going IPL would be too expensive. But regular new bumpers don't come painted from factory I think, so it'd have to be painted. If that's the case, then I could just get a gray IPL bumper since they're still "cheap" and spray that one black. I was also considering getting a 2011 Sport Bumper with fogs. I need to go through the DIYs about the bumper swaps and see if it'd work.

Headlight shapes remain constant across all coupes regardless of year right?

And WOW, WOW, WOW! Snowboards? Ladders? Ambulances? Drunk people texting at HW speeds? ...What in the world? I'm now glad it was a piece of wood that hit my bumper, and not a transmission coming in through my windshield to reconfigure my face!

I'm going to a body shop a good friend of mine recommended me for an estimate. Let's see how that goes too...
Old 07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Just get one for the other side and it's almost like a splitter.
LOL... Imagine the downforce I'll get with my custom wood double splitter! I'll post the DIY...lol

Originally Posted by Mayu
Glad you are ok man! I know you just detailed her too so this has got to suck!! Looks like about 1500 to 2k in damage if you ask me. You may be getting a new bumper.

Good luck with getting her back to the beauty that she is!
She was nice and shiny for a few days...lol. I like your estimate! Let's hope for something in that area...

She will be back, and better than before... I had some dents and deep scratches, compliments of the douche that owned the car before me, and since the car will be at the body shop for this, I'll pay a little more and get all those fixed up!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
The 2011 sport or IPL bumper will fit your car. You would just have to snip your wires to your current foglights (inside the headlight) and run them down to your lower faux vent fogs that the new G37s have. Theres a few way you can install fogs, I added a relay off my running lights and added a separate button inside my G so i could run the fogs with my headlights off, and if I hit my hi beams, the fogs stay on. Regardless, I'd either go with the 11 sport or IPL bumper and get it sprayed. I'm kinda leaning towards the 11 Sport bumper just because it seems like less people have that now that the IPL bumper is everywhere..... on the forum at least... none in town.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by TwoThree
The 2011 sport or IPL bumper will fit your car. You would just have to snip your wires to your current foglights (inside the headlight) and run them down to your lower faux vent fogs that the new G37s have. Theres a few way you can install fogs, I added a relay off my running lights and added a separate button inside my G so i could run the fogs with my headlights off, and if I hit my hi beams, the fogs stay on. Regardless, I'd either go with the 11 sport or IPL bumper and get it sprayed. I'm kinda leaning towards the 11 Sport bumper just because it seems like less people have that now that the IPL bumper is everywhere..... on the forum at least... none in town.
Thanks for the guidance, you guys are awesome! I'll read the DIY you have and if I have any questions I'll PM you, if that's ok?

I feel the same about the IPL bumper, a lot of people got it while it was cheap (color Obsidian Black), and I'd also have to get IPL sideskirts to match the bumper... I wish the 2011 Sport bumper were a little more aggressive though!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune bro...really blows.

Look on the bright side, you have insurance and they'll pay to fix it...and now you can get a really cool bumper.

Glad you're ok.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
TwoThree

Yeah man, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Lots of good, helpful people around here.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM
jon23

Added some pics now that she is almost all fixed!

I still have to get the freshly-painted areas wet-sanded and buffed in a few more days. I'll take some outside pics then. But for now, I'm excited to have her back home!

Last edited by jon23; 08-25-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 PM
TwoThree

Looks like they did good work man! Congrats on having her back and a little upgrade with the fogs!

Quick Reply: Last night...