G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Seems we'll be seeing a few more wrapped car.... Looks good!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
It works on lambos because of all the angles...e.g. stealth fighters.
You could paint a Lambo hot pink with some hello kitty graphics, and it'd still be sick.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Deformer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Sorry for the delay, I been M.I.A. I took these photos months ago, its kinda funny cuz when I logged on tonight, there was a gloss orange G37 using almost the exact place, if not the exact place as a backdrop as I did in Midtown Miami... Meh. My photos have been on facebook for awhile.

So, I personally love the color, I did the interior silver carbon fiber to match, I dont have any pics, I will try to get some.

Just an observation, I got way more attention with the Matte black, I also had the car murdered out, so that might have been why as well.. I put the chrome highlights back on to match the rims. I still need to invest in some springs and stop being a cheap ***. I hate the way the front tire sits, it looks alright in the pictures, but it bothers me in person.

Lmk what you guys think. If anyone has some springs for sale hit me up...
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap-omg1.jpg   Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap-omg2.jpg   Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap-omg4.jpg   Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap-omg6.jpg   Restyling my Car for the Third Time with a Matte Wrap-omg7.jpg  

Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Slategirl

Sick! I'm going to be wrapping my car... Just have to choose the perfect color!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Deformer
Sorry for the delay, I been M.I.A. I took these photos months ago, its kinda funny cuz when I logged on tonight, there was a gloss orange G37 using almost the exact place, if not the exact place as a backdrop as I did in Midtown Miami... Meh. My photos have been on facebook for awhile.

So, I personally love the color, I did the interior silver carbon fiber to match, I dont have any pics, I will try to get some.

Just an observation, I got way more attention with the Matte black, I also had the car murdered out, so that might have been why as well.. I put the chrome highlights back on to match the rims. I still need to invest in some springs and stop being a cheap ***. I hate the way the front tire sits, it looks alright in the pictures, but it bothers me in person.

Lmk what you guys think. If anyone has some springs for sale hit me up...
Enjoy!
Haha, yes he's a member on here as well. But I believe he doesnt have the wrap anymore.

I like this color over the matte black. I think if you do some exterior work, such as drop, lip of some sort, it will come together real nice..
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
that drop would do wonders to the exterior look of your car. I kinda like the dark grey wrap better than the matte black.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Deformer

Slate girl there's alot of cool colors nobody has really done yet. That's why I wanted to do the matte dark gray. It's almost metallic. I like it more than the black too. Just funny how many matte black cars are out there now and that I got stopped at every gas station with questions. With dark grey not so much really, but everyone likes it.

I might black out my chrome highlights again or wrap the rims. First I need springs though. Wasn't a problem with my 22's.

Dunno if u guys have heard but there's a redesign for 2014 I think or 2013 even of the g37 so I don't want to do too much permanent stuff considering I wanna peel my wrap put in my stock rims and trade the old girl in.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 PM
frank.leon002

I've seen you on i95 a few times. And if I'm not mistaken I think I saw your car at coast 2 coast customs up in broward. When it was black and had the 22's so you wrap the car yourself or your company does it?.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM
usarmyttt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good man...but I think you need to now focus on lowering that thing...it will do wonders for the overall look of your hotrod. That was one the 1st things I had to do on mine.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Looks much better after the new wheels. But I do agree that you paid a bit much for wrapping the grill.But in the end, it's worth it if you got the result you wanted.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Brainchild

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've always wanted to do this but in a different color. Factory paint looks better though but still looks cool.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Brainchild

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Btw, if you don't mind me asking, how much did wrapping the entire car cost you?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 AM
G37fanatic

Originally Posted by Brainchild
Btw, if you don't mind me asking, how much did wrapping the entire car cost you?
i'd like to know as well since the grill alone cost $250
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Not a fan of these wraps, at all. I have seen it more and more, the price to do it is going down so I'm sure that it will become even more popular. Good choice in color though.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Deformer

It cost about $2500 altogether, with my interior and the accessories wrapped to match. Would be about $2000 without the rest. And I didn't pay $240 for my grill, that's what we would charge someone for exactly what I got wrapped. They did the emblem and the slats, so it takes a few hours. Wrapping time is not cheap, and my company sells it's quality, we're not trying to be the cheapest.

There are people wrapping cars in their garages, but if they ruin something, which can definitely happen because they sometimes take off all the parts and the inside of the doors, you could get screwed when they don't warranty their work.

Also should mention I had my door jambs wrapped as well which usually cost extra. Compare that to a "GOOD" matte paint job and it's a lot cheaper. Most people don't realize that a professional quality matte paint job costs over $4k and I'm being really conservative. I have dealt with people that paid twice that, and still had their car wrapped because matte paint is brittle, scratches easily, and spirals; and it doesn't feel nearly as good as the wrap does when you run your hand along it.

We have people come in and wrap their cars gloss colors too, I should add, because the vinyl looks really good, and when the time comes to sell it you can remove it without leaving any glue, and restore it to stock. It's really a great investment if you have a new car.