Sponsored By:

Dealerships versus Stealerhips

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Smile Dealerships versus Stealerhips

When my TPMS light went on last week I checked each tire and found the left rear tire was down to 27 psi (I couldn’t see any air loss, but that’s an old topic). So I put in some air and took the G to a local tire shop thinking it would be a simple repair job. Not so fast. The tire shop said there was a nail on the tread but it was too near the sidewall so the tire would need to be replaced. However, they didn’t have a replacement tire. To make matters worse, they broke the locking lug nut in half while putting the tire back on and I had to wait another ½ hour until they found one. Of course the replacement nut they gave me was not a locking type. They embarrassingly said there was no charge. But they certainly won’t be seeing me again.

So I drove on to Miller Infiniti, where I should have gone in the first place. After enjoying a free cup of coffee and a bagel, they repaired the tire, as it was certainly repairable in their opinion, they installed a new locking nut for my combination and washed the car. After all that they said there would be no charge. I drove off thinking that those owners who like to use the term “stealership” just need to find a better dealer.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i do agree with you. i went through 3 diffrent stealerships till i found one that understands the value of treating the customer fairly. i will not go anywhere else.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mark your calenders folks because this may the first time I agree with Chekov. My dealership is the best I have ever experienced and I have been with them for 8+ years now. I still wont let them wash my car though.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
+1....I had a nail in the tire and my dealership fixed it for free. That is customer service and it is the little things that will keep me coming back, even for the major services.

BTW, I let the dealership wash the car, I am not that picky.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealership does not mean bad or good service. Stealership = stealing peoples money that we can get done cheap. For Example they were going to charge me $70 for a oil change using synthetic oil.

Another one was 3 of the Infiniti dealers here were going to charge me $100-$150 to install the hood latch cable because it became stretch some how, but the part was only $50 dollars and the install only took me like 30 mins after reading the manual. I love the dealership actually but not when it comes to maintenance and servicing of you're vehicle.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
+1....That is customer service and it is the little things that will keep me coming back, even for the major services....
And that's exactly what their goal is lol. When you get a fair price for a MAJOR repair, then that's when it will be confirmed...
Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
stealership does not mean bad or good service. Stealership = stealing peoples money that we can get done cheap. For Example they were going to charge me $70 for a oil change using synthetic oil.

Another one was 3 of the Infiniti dealers here were going to charge me $100-$150 to install the hood latch cable because it became stretch some how, but the part was only $50 dollars and the install only took me like 30 mins after reading the manual. I love the dealership actually but not when it comes to maintenance and servicing of you're vehicle.
$70 for a synthetic change doesn't sound that off though. Maybe by $10? But I get your point.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have to say the dealerships for my Infiniti and the one for my Nissan have both been very nice to deal with. Are they steelership? Most definately, I can get work done other places much cheaper but when I do go to them at least they treat me right which is why I do give them business to some extent.

FYI a full syn oil change is at least $70 at a quick lube type places, so that really is not too bad from your dealership.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
DashKid
Banned

Well I was talking about doing it myself and stuff. I actually got a quote from Jiffy Lube and they only quoted me $50 for a full synthetic oil change.

But I do my own oil change cause I can get a 6 quart Mobil One full synthetic oil for like 40 bucks from Sams Club and a K&N filter for like 8 bucks at a small auto part shop. Saves about $15-$20
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I didnt mention it but my dealership is also my club sponsor so I get an additional 15% off all service which almost brings it down to normal price.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i'm glad some people become more intelligent and realize that not every dealership will be acting the same way. it's one of the few types of retail businesses that you are able to really still negotiate.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I love my dealer, Installed my SC kit, service it, oil change( Synthentic 63$, ) always give me a car-Yea I know they should be it's always offered, Just very very pleasant everytime I go there. I was always one of those people who would never go to the dealer, No I go no where else, .
Old 07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Now thats good service. ^
Old 07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Chekov, just how close to the thread/sidewall was the nail?

While not defending the first place you went to, it's quite possible they didn't think the resulting repair would be safe. Personally, if it's within 1-2" of the sidewall/shoulder area, I too might pass on the repair.

Also, it's scary that there are only a set # of lock keys. Make's a thief's job easier.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
paleryeder

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Chekov, just how close to the thread/sidewall was the nail?

While not defending the first place you went to, it's quite possible they didn't think the resulting repair would be safe. Personally, if it's within 1-2" of the sidewall/shoulder area, I too might pass on the repair.

Also, it's scary that there are only a set # of lock keys. Make's a thief's job easier.
If someone is going to steal your wheels those locks won't even slow them down with no key...........

Quick Reply: Dealerships versus Stealerhips