Sponsored By:

Dealerships versus Stealerhips

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
Chekov, just how close to the thread/sidewall was the nail?

While not defending the first place you went to, it's quite possible they didn't think the resulting repair would be safe. Personally, if it's within 1-2" of the sidewall/shoulder area, I too might pass on the repair.

Also, it's scary that there are only a set # of lock keys. Make's a thief's job easier.
They showed it to me, and the nail was on the tread area approximately 3 inches in from the inside sidewall. I thought it was repairable but didn’t feel I had enough expertise to argue the point.

And my locking lug nuts, one for each wheel, came with the car. If that’s a dealer installed option, based on some threads here from owners who do not have them, then it’s another plus for a good dealer.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol @ the member complaining about 70 for a syn oil change. Thats actually the best price I've heard of yet. I've been to one which wanted 140.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
They showed it to me, and the nail was on the tread area approximately 3 inches in from the inside sidewall. I thought it was repairable but didn’t feel I had enough expertise to argue the point.
Agreed. That would be repairable in my book too. Of course, any repairs do render the speed rating of the tire invalid. I doubt you're the type of driver to do be doing triple digit speeds and crazy cornering

The last tire I had that was unrepairable had the screw literally on the shoulder (1/2 or so from the edge). The tires were pretty old too, at least 4-5 years old. I ended up replacing 2 of them.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
I doubt you're the type of driver to do be doing triple digit speeds and crazy cornering
You’re right. At 75 I never go above 20 mph over my age, and “crazy” cornering, by definition, is not who I am.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I love my dealer, Installed my SC kit, service it, oil change( Synthentic 63$, ) always give me a car-Yea I know they should be it's always offered, Just very very pleasant everytime I go there. I was always one of those people who would never go to the dealer, No I go no where else, .
Super awesome!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
stealership does not mean bad or good service. Stealership = stealing peoples money that we can get done cheap. For Example they were going to charge me $70 for a oil change using synthetic oil.
If you honestly think that $70 for a synthetic oil change is a rip off then maybe you bought the wrong car
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
If you honestly think that $70 for a synthetic oil change is a rip off then maybe you bought the wrong car
No I was just saying. I can do my own oil changes using synthetic oil and k&n filter for like $50. I was just saying that as an example. Oh and ester oil change is crazy stupid pricing too. 100????

I'm not saying all dealerships treat their customers bad. Heck Sewell and Crest Infiniti here treat me well but it's just the pricing that they give out to do simple things.

Another example they quoted me $160 for a rear diff fluid change. WHATTT????