Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL new look ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking IPL new look ;)

Did couple things to my IPL last weekend. Got windows tinted, got back lights tinted 45% and got some emblems debadged and painted. Let me know what you think about me just leaving IPL badge and infiniti badge on the back!

DOMODOMO
Attached Thumbnails IPL new look ;)-p4020421.jpg   IPL new look ;)-p4020422.jpg   IPL new look ;)-p4020423.jpg   IPL new look ;)-p4020424.jpg   IPL new look ;)-p4020425.jpg  

Last edited by Bad G IPL; 06-23-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: PICTURES bigger now
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks good man. now DROP IT!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Looks very nice! And very nice first mod of tint and debadging~ What are your next MODs??
Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Bad G IPL

Thanks guys! well I just got a house so nothing to crazy right away. I want to slam it for sure and get intake for it!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Looks pretty good. I would match the IPL emblem to the Infiniti one personally. And I'm not sure how crazy I am about the tinted tails. I would have gone GTR style if I were to tint them. Windows and everything else look great though man. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks great dude! Love the color of your car. tinted tails look waaay better from the side than those bright red ones! Have you thought about debadging the infiniti emblem?

Mockup:
IPL new look ;)-ln39v.png

IPL new look ;)-nnitd.png
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Looks pretty good. I would match the IPL emblem to the Infiniti one personally. And I'm not sure how crazy I am about the tinted tails. I would have gone GTR style if I were to tint them. Windows and everything else look great though man. Keep up the good work!
I thought it be unique to just paint the "I" in IPL black. And The taillights aint too dark, only 45% and I love them. I personally hate the pitch black tail light tints. but thanks for your opionion TwoThree!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Originally Posted by jesse550
Looks great dude! Love the color of your car. tinted tails look waaay better from the side than those bright red ones! Have you thought about debadging the infiniti emblem?

Mockup:

hahah Jesse you always do these mock ups for me. You helped me to figure out my debadging like 3 months ago, by doing like 6 mock ups for me. SO I REALLY appreciate your time to help me decide, but yes I did think about taking infinitit logo out too, which you showed me a couple months ago! But I find it looks too naked with out it. P.S you have to show me how to do these quick mock ups DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 12:17 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Not to sound mean or anything.

Guys stop letting him rice out a 50k car. Tinting your $1k tale lights is a no no. Also the debadging the back and having the Infiniti embale only black looks rice. Also painting over the IPL colors is a big no no! The point of the red and purple colors is to celebrity Infiniti F1 redbull and Infiniti F1 team! Not for you to mark over with cheap black plant! Over all the back looks like rice

Last edited by GTLAW; 06-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it looks good all dark concept, to each there own!! happy modding
Old 06-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car looks good, bro! Congrats on the house as well.

As far as debadging:
"rice" is a little strong. I always thought the origin of debadging was taking off emblems that meant less than the best model. I've seen guys take off the 328i because it wasn't an M3 or stuff on civics because they are Hondas (which has no performance value), etc. I understand taking off the " I N F I N I T I " because it's kind of redundant lol. But I don't understand taking off the "G37" because it helps balance out the IPL badge and I darn sure would NEVER take off the INF badge. Why pay all this money to take off what you paid for?

Somewhere in America there is a guy who is taking the "IPL" badge off his car lol.

It's just my opinion. But at the same time, we wonder why even INFINITI doesn't respect this car enough to give it some REAL power/performance. Well sometimes we don't help the cause with some of the crazy stuff we do.

Anyways, can't wait to see it with a drop and wheels...
Old 06-23-2012, 01:51 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Car looks good, bro! Congrats on the house as well.

As far as debadging:
"rice" is a little strong. I always thought the origin of debadging was taking off emblems that meant less than the best model. I've seen guys take off the 328i because it wasn't an M3 or stuff on civics because they are Hondas (which has no performance value), etc. I understand taking off the " I N F I N I T I " because it's kind of redundant lol. But I don't understand taking off the "G37" because it helps balance out the IPL badge and I darn sure would NEVER take off the INF badge. Why pay all this money to take off what you paid for?

Somewhere in America there is a guy who is taking the "IPL" badge off his car lol.

It's just my opinion. But at the same time, we wonder why even INFINITI doesn't respect this car enough to give it some REAL power/performance. Well sometimes we don't help the cause with some of the crazy stuff we do.

Anyways, can't wait to see it with a drop and wheels...
\\

Well, I ment more of him blacking out only the infiniti and then painting over the IPL colors. The BMW M3 guys go and buy BMW Black OEM M badges. And it's done the right way, with M colors still showing.

Maybe it will look better after the car does not look stock anymore. I don't like doing anything to the back of a car when it's still stock looking..

Last edited by GTLAW; 06-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by GTLAW
Not to sound mean or anything.

Guys stop letting him rice out a 50k car. Tinting your $1k tale lights is a no no. Also the debadging the back and having the Infiniti embale only black looks rice. Also painting over the IPL colors is a big no no! The point of the red and purple colors is to celebrity Infiniti F1 redbull and Infiniti F1 team! Not for you to mark over with cheap black plant! Over all the back looks like rice
Thanks for the history lesson GTLAW. We know what the IPL colors mean. and if you didnt notice the colors are still there, i just made the simple chrome stripe black. And who you to say the tinting of taillights is a no no? I think, and alot of people think it looks good on the car, since my car has a dark theme. It looks unique in my opinion and different then all the other G37's ive seen. Post some pics of your ride, which you have none on profile. Let us pick apart your ride ( if you even own one)

But thanks everyone else for the compliments. DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 02:00 PM
stoutg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love it bro i have the same color S tho but you ever think bout blacking the grill out the same as ur rear emblem? I did it looks very good man
Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by stoutg37s
Love it bro i have the same color S tho but you ever think bout blacking the grill out the same as ur rear emblem? I did it looks very good man
Ya stoutg37's I was thinking that, was thinking about either stillen splitter grille or the midnight grille from infiniti. I'm going to do it soon though!!!!DOMO

Quick Reply: IPL new look ;)