IPL new look ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jesse550
Any time man :P

To answer the question about why people debadge:

Some don't like giving more credit to the company than they deserve (you can argue against this all you want with your remarks such as `oh but they made the car suck it up, bla bla` but in the end your thought process isn't the same as another's).

Once you mod your car the way you want it, there's a personal attachment to it, you feel that you deserve the credit and not the company. You may also prefer a cleaner back.

Lets get back to what "rice" is. If you're not aware it does stand for something (Race inspired cosmetic enhancements) which can be interpreted as putting mods on your car to make it look faster than it actually is. I don't see how changing the color of emblems falls into this category.

I've said it before, people have their own personal opinions, I have nothing wrong with that. When people justify their opinion as fact, well that's when it gets annoying.

Just do you! If you like it, more power to you!
^^^^^ officially best friends now
Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I'm not sure what your angle is on picking apart spelling/ grammar but I would suggest using appropriate capitalization in your sentences before doing so.

Back on topic.
To the OP,
I would leave the IPL badge on and leave it as is. It's what distinguishes your car from a standard G37 or G37S.
I would have left the "fuji" emblem chrome and the G37S badge on but I think it also looks good with just the IPL and "fuji" badge. I like the "INFINITI" delete.
AMEN!

Forgive my "macho" stance on this but all of that spell checking of other members is female ish! I thought we were talking cars. MEN stuff.

If people want to cut and paste spelling errors, they need to go grade some term papers or something. At least do it for money, lol.

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 06-24-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by jesse550
Any time man :P

To answer the question about why people debadge:

Some don't like giving more credit to the company than they deserve (you can argue against this all you want with your remarks such as `oh but they made the car suck it up, bla bla` but in the end your thought process isn't the same as another's).

Once you mod your car the way you want it, there's a personal attachment to it, you feel that you deserve the credit and not the company. You may also prefer a cleaner back.

Lets get back to what "rice" is. If you're not aware it does stand for something (Race inspired cosmetic enhancements) which can be interpreted as putting mods on your car to make it look faster than it actually is. I don't see how changing the color of emblems falls into this category.

I've said it before, people have their own personal opinions, I have nothing wrong with that. When people justify their opinion as fact, well that's when it gets annoying.

Just do you! If you like it, more power to you!

HA! Thats a great perspective, bro!

I've never heard that acronym before. I think that makes the r-word pretty clear. And debadging is definitely not rice like I said before. However, I never use it anyway because I actually thought it was a racial slur after the rise of the super slow but loud civic lol.

I still wouldn't take the Infiniti badge off. I paid too much money for all of that. Maybe it I got a better deal lol.

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 06-24-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I'm not sure what your angle is on picking apart spelling/ grammar but I would suggest using appropriate capitalization in your sentences before doing so.

Back on topic.
To the OP,
I would leave the IPL badge on and leave it as is. It's what distinguishes your car from a standard G37 or G37S.
I would have left the "fuji" emblem chrome and the G37S badge on but I think it also looks good with just the IPL and "fuji" badge. I like the "INFINITI" delete.
i never cared too much for capitalization. i feel it's just a formality.
it was also meant to be taken in a sarcastic sense.

op, s'all good. let us know when you drop it!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:49 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Wow. How did this thread become a rice vs. not rice thread. And when did debadging a vehicle become rice all of a sudden. And smoked taillights too? Some like'em bone stock I suppose. Anyway, if you want rice here's some for ya:

Old 06-24-2012, 03:59 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Wow. How did this thread become a rice vs. not rice thread. And when did debadging a vehicle become rice all of a sudden. And smoked taillights too? Some like'em bone stock I suppose. Anyway, if you want rice here's some for ya:

That's clean though!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good brah. Slam it and enjoy!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:56 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

because racecar
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
AMEN!

Forgive my "macho" stance on this but all of that spell checking of other members is female ish! I thought we were talking cars. MEN stuff.

If people want to cut and paste spelling errors, they need to go grade some term papers or something. At least do it for money, lol.
cry moar bby girl
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on guys, dont forget we are all part of the same community!!! We are all proud owners of G's and love them to death! No need to constantly argue about small things or critize some one's ride. Everyone's ride is going to be different! of course it's not going to look like yours! We all know that debadging isn't rice. Now that we over that , how about my OP
Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
That's clean though!
This made me laugh. It has to be some young kid with that car...and bless his/her heart. I know if I saw that car riding beside me...it would grab my attention. Lol.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Wyldfyer

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Not the 1,000 mph spoiler.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by jujubii
cry moar bby girl
HAHAHAHA! Some people love to try and redirect energy. Thats why you shouldn't do B.A. stuff in the first place.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by rys06mt
that's clean though!
hahahahaha!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I didn't know rice was an acronym. Thanks for that. It somehow now seems like less of a racial slur. Never did like to use it, but it's hard to avoid it on car forums.

I don't know that debadging is so much about not wanting to give credit for the car manufacturer, it's usually done to clean up the lines. Look at your car. How many infinity symbols do you see? Does your car really need to be advertising for Infiniti? Would you wear a pair of pants that had 18 levi's tags on them? Again, the car wasn't designed that way, the badges are nothing more than Infiniti marketing.

Keep 'em if you like 'em, delete 'em if ya don't.

Quick Reply: IPL new look ;)