Sponsored By:

IPL new look ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad G IPL
Thanks for the history lesson GTLAW. We know what the IPL colors mean. and if you didnt notice the colors are still there, i just made the simple chrome stripe black. And who you to say the tinting of taillights is a no no? I think, and alot of people think it looks good on the car, since my car has a dark theme. It looks unique in my opinion and different then all the other G37's ive seen. Post some pics of your ride, which you have none on profile. Let us pick apart your ride ( if you even own one)

But thanks everyone else for the compliments. DOMO

Sorry if I sounded mean, I saw that you did not blackout the IPL colors. I was just going by the first post you made.

I think on the color of your car, you don't want to go with black but Smoked!

The Emblems on the back would like 10times better black chrome or smoked just not black. Black will offset to much and stand out to far.

Here is a business that has a G37 Smoked chrome kit it's $245, but looks much better and will give the car a nice offset. You have 50K car you want to take your time and do it right, I can't tell you how many people I have seen run out and start tinting everything.

http://intensepower.com/inblchemsetg.html

The tale lights would look better painted smoked or just leave as is. You want some offsets, Just because your friend tells you to tint your tales does not mean it will look nice! The trick that most people can never get is, take a stock look and making it look stock with a aftermarket look! You want too keep that OEM look but make it stand out!

I not trying to upset you in any way just trying to let you know what I think!

End the end it's your car, you can do what you like!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
Sorry if I sounded mean, I saw that you did not blackout the IPL colors. I was just going by the first post you made.

I think on the color of your car, you don't want to go with black but Smoked!

The Emblems on the back would like 10times better black chrome or smoked just not black. Black will offset to much and stand out to far.

Here is a business that has a G37 Smoked chrome kit it's $245, but looks much better and will give the car a nice offset. You have 50K car you want to take your time and do it right, I can't tell you how many people I have seen run out and start tinting everything.

Infiniti Black Chrome Emblem Set - G37: Discontinued

The tale lights would look better painted smoked or just leave as is. You want some offsets, Just because your friend tells you to tint your tales does not mean it will look nice! The trick that most people can never get is, take a stock look and making it look stock with a aftermarket look! You want too keep that OEM look but make it stand out!

I not trying to upset you in any way just trying to let you know what I think!

End the end it's your car, you can do what you like!

Thanks for input GTLAW, and ya that link you put up is neat, however don't you think that price is steep? but either way that black chrome is sick!!!DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 03:22 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes it is again, but you are getting front and rear OEM emblems.

You pay for what you get.

Thanks for input GTLAW, and ya that link you put up is neat, however don't you think that price is steep? but either way that black chrome is sick!!!DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Some members now even consider de-badging rice? Cars are hardly ever designed with badges. After the design department comes up with the car, marketing departments go crazy hanging badges everywhere. Designers are often very unhappy with what the marketing department has done with their beloved design. Should I also keep the Bridgewater BMW badge the reselling dealer put on? Is it rice to remove it? Debadging most often cleans up the lines, eliminates the bragging, and is nearly the opposite of rice.

My .02, keep the Infiniti on the grille, and just have the IPL on the back. I plan on leaving the Infinity badge on the front, and just leave the "x" on the rear, or eliminate all badges from the rear altogether. But do what you want. Don't listen to the haters that feel their opinion is the only way things should ever be. How boring would a meet be with a bunch of cars that had exactly the same mods.

One thing I can say about debadging a low-production, good-looking, unique vehicle; it is fun watching it drive people nuts. I see people walk all the way around my current debadged vehicle all the time, trying to figure out what it is.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Idk, I think it looks good noted tails and all. I think it needs a mild drop though...thats just my personal opinion, but rice because it's debadged? Really? Come on now.......

Haters gonna hate. It's your car OP, and at the end of the day you are the only one that needs to be happy with it. Don't listen to these naysayers...it's not their car

Keep up the good work.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
tail lights > tale lights
emblem > embale
celebrate > celebrity
black paint > black plant
overall > over all
you get what you pay for > you pay for what you get <- this one made me laugh
guys, please don't let the him rice out the grammar/spelling in this forum.

op, you're looking good!
debadging = cleaner not ricer. this is purely subjective i guess.
i dont see anything wrong with the black fuji. most of the outer trim is black, so i dont see where this "offsets" unwell.
since you debadged the 'g37', i'd debadge the 'ipl' as well to keep the symmetry. i would've kept all the badges on the ipl though
stock tail lights are too bright red. imo, the tint is dark at a good level. however, i would've asked for a cutout for the reverse lights.

now.... drop that $hit
Old 06-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by jujubii
emblem > embale
celebrate > celebrity
overall > over all

op, you're looking good!
i dont see anything wrong with the black fuji. most of the outer trim is black, so i dont see where this "offsets" unwell.
since you debadged the 'g37', i'd debadge the 'ipl' as well to keep the symmetry. i would've kept all the badges on the ipl though
stock tail lights are too bright red. imo, the tint is dark at a good level. however, i would've asked for a cutout for the reverse lights.

now.... drop that $hit

I know I need to drop that $hit!!! that's my next mod, but wont be till next month! Cause putting all my other money into m new home DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Haha jujubii. I was gonna say something but decided not to lol

Last edited by TwoThree; 06-23-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Robby McDonald

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car looks great, although I have the black IPL aswell(which I have a question later in this post about) and I would never touch my tail lights, I am however painting the headlight frames. Also with the silver how are you liking the interior? The only reason I got the black was because I couldn't stand passing up the red interior.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by jujubii
emblem > embale
celebrate > celebrity
overall > over all

op, you're looking good!

now.... drop that $hit

I'm not sure what your angle is on picking apart spelling/ grammar but I would suggest using appropriate capitalization in your sentences before doing so.

Back on topic.
To the OP,
I would leave the IPL badge on and leave it as is. It's what distinguishes your car from a standard G37 or G37S.
I would have left the "fuji" emblem chrome and the G37S badge on but I think it also looks good with just the IPL and "fuji" badge. I like the "INFINITI" delete.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Bad G IPL

Originally Posted by Robby McDonald
Car looks great, although I have the black IPL aswell(which I have a question later in this post about) and I would never touch my tail lights, I am however painting the headlight frames. Also with the silver how are you liking the interior? The only reason I got the black was because I couldn't stand passing up the red interior.
I love the Graphite shadow, it's alot darker shade of grey which I like. I hate light grey cars. But yea I love the interior, it has the red stitching all over and it really stands out. Only thing I hated about the black IPL was when it was in the sun...it turns purple.. That was the deal breaker for me.! but yea I must say that red interior on the black IPL is amazing!DOMO
Old 06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Bad G IPL - it looks nice.

...and if you want to see GTLAW's...here it is
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...-2011-g37.html
Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 PM
fyiegyptian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks very nice!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Mark1281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
hahah Jesse you always do these mock ups for me. You helped me to figure out my debadging like 3 months ago, by doing like 6 mock ups for me. SO I REALLY appreciate your time to help me decide, but yes I did think about taking infinitit logo out too, which you showed me a couple months ago! But I find it looks too naked with out it. P.S you have to show me how to do these quick mock ups DOMO
Any time man :P

To answer the question about why people debadge:

Some don't like giving more credit to the company than they deserve (you can argue against this all you want with your remarks such as `oh but they made the car suck it up, bla bla` but in the end your thought process isn't the same as another's).

Once you mod your car the way you want it, there's a personal attachment to it, you feel that you deserve the credit and not the company. You may also prefer a cleaner back.

Lets get back to what "rice" is. If you're not aware it does stand for something (Race inspired cosmetic enhancements) which can be interpreted as putting mods on your car to make it look faster than it actually is. I don't see how changing the color of emblems falls into this category.

I've said it before, people have their own personal opinions, I have nothing wrong with that. When people justify their opinion as fact, well that's when it gets annoying.

Just do you! If you like it, more power to you!

Quick Reply: IPL new look ;)