My latest pic, next up....de badging

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
Do it makes the car look wider imo
I agree with this, something about removing the I N F I N I T I makes the rear of the car look wider and cleaner, more appealing IMO but that's just me. I was on the fence about removing the G37xs as some stated it's almost as if your losing the prestige associated with the sport model but once I removed that and left only the Mt. Fuji emblem I feel it gave the rear the perfect balance without losing the branding. I also went with the OEM spoiler to minimize the amount of chrome on the back end... plus it just looks badass.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Graspod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just debadged mine today and I love it!

But to each his own, if you like the look go for it! If not, don't do it! It's your car, don't let anyone else tell you what looks better for you!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

No Name Calling, Just an Observation!

Originally Posted by Chekov
You can’t be serious.

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Debadge, Re-badge, or leave it alone?
<label for="rb_optionnumber_1"><input name="optionnumber" value="1" id="rb_optionnumber_1" type="radio">Leave it stock, not sure why anyone would debadge a G.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_2"><input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">Leave it stock, but I don't mind a debadged G</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_3"><input name="optionnumber" value="3" id="rb_optionnumber_3" type="radio">Partial debadge, leaving the Mt Fuji, or red S etc.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_4"><input name="optionnumber" value="4" id="rb_optionnumber_4" type="radio">Full Debadge, nothing but metal & lights.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_5"><input name="optionnumber" value="5" id="rb_optionnumber_5" type="radio">Re-badge, Nissan Skyline for example.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_6"><input name="optionnumber" value="6" id="rb_optionnumber_6" type="radio">Re-badge, keeping the badges the same but painting them.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_7"><input name="optionnumber" value="7" id="rb_optionnumber_7" type="radio">Re-badge, removing some but painting the remaining badges.</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_8"><input name="optionnumber" value="8" id="rb_optionnumber_8" type="radio">Love the debadge/rebadge but afraid to do it (or a lease)</label>
<input name="optionnumber" value="9" id="rb_optionnumber_9" type="radio">Don't really care about the badges either way

Based on some of the choices you came up with...

You forgot

<input name="optionnumber" value="9" id="rb_optionnumber_9" type="radio"> Debadge some or all of it just to annoy Chekov
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3391975

(There has been NO "name calling" here, not in my posts...) pay attention

Last edited by CaptainObvious; 06-27-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Just pointing out the FACTS
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
It's unfortunate when the least intelligent members speak the most.
It’s more unfortunate when pubescent zealots have yet to learn the charm of objective debate in favor of silly name calling.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Pubescent Zealots? Lol

Guys its personal preference, please learn how to accept other opinions and tastes
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
LOL at this thread . . .

Nice car OP. Your exhausts would look good with a diffuser back there.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Perhaps I should let this one rest, but I just can’t resist. The poll results reposted in this thread on Debadge, Rebadge, or leave it alone had 83 responses, 54 of which favored some kind of debadging. This is in the face of 1,562 active users on this forum, and according to the sticky on owners (How many G owners are on this forum), there were 1,031 members who at one time said they own a G.

So, allowing for some membership changes in these threads, it’s not reaching too much to say that 54 debadge advocates out of 1,031 G owners and from a pool of 1,562 active members is hardly a majority of anything.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Perhaps I should let this one rest, but I just can’t resist. The poll results reposted in this thread on Debadge, Rebadge, or leave it alone had 83 responses, 54 of which favored some kind of debadging. This is in the face of 1,562 active users on this forum, and according to the sticky on owners (How many G owners are on this forum), there were 1,031 members who at one time said they own a G.

So, allowing for some membership changes in these threads, it’s not reaching too much to say that 54 debadge advocates out of 1,031 G owners and from a pool of 1,562 active members is hardly a majority of anything.
I'm not siding with any sides here but would it be safe to say that not all 1,562 users on this forum have seen or participated in that poll?

You said there were 83 responses, so 54 out of that would be the majority.

Again, I'm not here to argue about majorities or whether debadging is the way to go or not, I'm just looking at the numbers.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
I'm not siding with any sides here but would it be safe to say that not all 1,562 users on this forum have seen or participated in that poll?

Again, I'm not here to argue about majorities or whether debadging is the way to go or not, I'm just looking at the numbers.
I love this post! Lmao.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by myk1013

Well, you’re actually making my point. If almost 1,500 members did not participate in that poll, then how can mykke101 make a claim that 95% of those with “top G’s” (I still don’t know what that means) have removed their INFINITI lettering. How does he know what almost 1,500 members have done? All the debadge advocates can claim here is that in a poll of 83 respondents, a majority of them favored debadging. But considering all active members, statistically that is meaningless.

Then there’s the quote from the same poster that said:
Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.
What do we do if the design engineers at Nissan disagree? Initiate a world boycott? Perhaps we should just ban all members on this forum who have kept their letters intact. Hmm, I wonder how many of us would be left to take part in another poll.

Yes, you're right, I would be the first to go.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
mykke101

Well, you’re actually making my point. If almost 1,500 members did not participate in that poll, then how can mykke101 make a claim that 95% of those with “top G’s” (I still don’t know what that means) have removed their INFINITI lettering. How does he know what almost 1,500 members have done? All the debadge advocates can claim here is that in a poll of 83 respondents, a majority of them favored debadging. But considering all active members, statistically that is meaningless.

Then there’s the quote from the same poster that said:
What do we do if the design engineers at Nissan disagree? Initiate a world boycott? Perhaps we should just ban all members on this forum who have kept their letters intact. Hmm, I wonder how many of us would be left to take part in another poll.

Yes, you're right, I would be the first to go.
Well we know from a small sample poll that THE MAJORITY either like a debadge or at-least do not mind it.

Top G's = go to a meet or car show once and awhile, walk along the back of the G's and count the amount that are still fully badged (far easier than counting the ones that are debadged / re-badged some way or another).

I am not talking about the average joe who puts lowering sprigns and tints his windows, I am talking about the cars that have minimum $10,000+ dollars in them, these TO ME are what I would consider the top G's on this board. Once again I could car less what the average user is doing to his car on this forum the majority tbh are most likely stock.

Clearly you are in a different generation of thought than me and honestly I could car less what you are doing or want to do to your car, just annoys me to hear that cleaning up your rear end is "RICEY" people need to learn what that term means and stop overusing it. Leave the person to make up their own mind, I have seen you in every debadge thread honestly no ones cares what you think.

Also you said the second post was from the same user (presumably me?)... I did not post that.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by mykke101
Well we know from a small sample poll that THE MAJORITY either like a debadge or at-least do not mind it.

Top G's = go to a meet or car show once and awhile, walk along the back of the G's and count the amount that are still fully badged (far easier than counting the ones that are debadged / re-badged some way or another).

I am not talking about the average joe who puts lowering sprigns and tints his windows, I am talking about the cars that have minimum $10,000+ dollars in them, these TO ME are what I would consider the top G's on this board. Once again I could car less what the average user is doing to his car on this forum the majority tbh are most likely stock.

Clearly you are in a different generation of thought than me and honestly I could car less what you are doing or want to do to your car, just annoys me to hear that cleaning up your rear end is "RICEY" people need to learn what that term means and stop overusing it. Leave the person to make up their own mind, I have seen you in every debadge thread honestly no ones cares what you think.

Also you said the second post was from the same user (presumably me?)... I did not post that.
Perhaps we can agree on some items here but I will still disagree on others.

• Yes, the majority of that small sample poll (54 out of 83) supported some debadging. But that is not a 95% majority of the whole board as you had suggested.

• Your description of top G’s, e.g., at car shows, seems to support the notion that most are still fully badged.

• I too believe that debadging has nothing to do with whether a car is ricey or not. Ricers often add badges rather than removing them.

• And I certainly do not post on every debadge thread, like this one still active today:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...icial-mod.html

• And you ARE the same user I referred to. In post #20 you did say, “Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.”

• And whereas you do not care what I think, I don’t understand how you can say no one cares. Again, you’re making statements you cannot backup. You need to get out of that habit.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 AM
mykke101

Perhaps we can agree on some items here but I will still disagree on others.

• Yes, the majority of that small sample poll (54 out of 83) supported some debadging. But that is not a 95% majority of the whole board as you had suggested.

• Your description of top G’s, e.g., at car shows, seems to support the notion that most are still fully badged.

• I too believe that debadging has nothing to do with whether a car is ricey or not. Ricers often add badges rather than removing them.

• And I certainly do not post on every debadge thread, like this one still active today:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...icial-mod.html

• And you ARE the same user I referred to. In post #20 you did say, “Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.”

• And whereas you do not care what I think, I don’t understand how you can say no one cares. Again, you’re making statements you cannot backup. You need to get out of that habit.
I Never once said 95% of the "whole board" I said 95% of "top G's" which I would consider G of the month cars / or more than "normal level" of modifications. I.e. your stock looking G would not be the kind of car I am talking about.

This point is incorrect, not car shows as in dealer shows, car shows as in modification shows / meets. The majority are most definitely NOT fully badged. If you look at our competitor cars they are far less badged, the rear end of our car is VERY busy. I was actually against debadging at the beginning and would not debadge a BMW for example, this is not because "BMW" is more prestigious or anything like that it is because they do not over badge.

We are in agreement on that point, only reason I posted in the first place was because of the poster 'self' calling it ricey. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements how someone could EVER say removing a badge fits that description is beyond me.

Yes you are right I did say that debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory. I was talking more on a modded G level not if you are the kind that enjoys the stock ride height etc... I read that last post on my phone and it didn't include the embedded quote, sorry about that.

I was making an assumption, I don't see many supporters to your cause.

I am done responding, no point beating a dead horse. It is clear you are either 60+ and really not the kind of person that would advocate any modification to his car (or understand the thought process of someone in their 20's), or just REALLY love the look of the 'INFINITI' badge which is totally fine.

Last edited by mykke101; 06-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mykke101
Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.
Just pointing out that mykke101 said SHOULD. It's his opinion. Both of you are entitled to your opinions.

I do have to say that the argument of "keep it the way the engineers intended" grinds my gears. They're following a standard and making a car that appeals to the general public. They aren't always "right". Notice how the headlight housings come stock black now? Yeah, looks like their main "intentions" really followed through on this one .

This isn't really a battle of "facts" so there's no need to define "top Gs". I'm pretty sure we all know what he's referring to.

Like I said, I agree with both. Personally I would debadge The mount Fuji AND the I N F I N I T I if I was debading since it looks more "neat". Or the G37S and I N F I N I T I.

Just thought I'd say this, "People change, opinions change." What you hold as your opinion today, might not be it tomorrow no matter how much you try to convince yourself that.

There's nothing wrong with debadging and definitely nothing wrong with keeping your badges on. From personal surveys, I find that the older drivers tend to be more conservative and want to keep it more "stock looking".

To the argument of: Why buy a 50k car and mod it?
Because I ****ing want to? You can get a G37 for under 20k now if you're lucky.

One question I'd like to ask anyone calling it "Rice".

If it is rice, why do you care? It's not your car? Looks are subjective. People seem to really have a hard time understanding that what you think looks good does not necessarily mean someone else thinks it does, hence why we have people dropping their cars different amounts and all different kinds of debadges.

Like I said, both of you guys make 100% valid points although it's probably a waste of time trying to toss facts into an argument that cannot be won.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I don't understand how you guys can turn the lamest of topics into such a huge debate. I've read political debates that weren't as long.

To the OP, there are so many threads on here with pics of lots of debadge options. It's your car, do what you like to it