Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My latest pic, next up....de badging

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
DjFromVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
Tattoo, you should do whatever you want to your car, because modding your car the way other people think it should look is retarded, It should be how YOU want it to look. If you want to debadge it...go for it. There's a DIY Somewhere on here for it that should help you out with the process.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's
exactly,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Debadging definitely cleans up the car IMO. I'm not sure how it's considered rice? I only took off the I N F I N I T I on mine because I thought it was redundant and wanted to clean up the rear of the car
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
DeamonG37s

Do it makes the car look wider imo
Attached Thumbnails My latest pic, next up....de badging-img-20120529-00062.jpg  

Last edited by DeamonG37s; 06-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
self

I don't know what it is about de-badging that bothers me SO MUCH, but every time I see it I tiny bit of disgust wells up in my chest haha. Although the red G that Deamon posted is the best looking de-badge I have seen, I just don't understand the appeal.

Personally, I had my badges blacked out, since I agree that the chrome look is a little played out, but I would never remove them. Just looks ricey to me. But if you do, more power to you, of course. Modding is a personal choice!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM
mykke101

Originally Posted by self
I don't know what it is about de-badging that bothers me SO MUCH, but every time I see it I tiny bit of disgust wells up in my chest haha. Although the red G that Deamon posted is the best looking de-badge I have seen, I just don't understand the appeal.

Personally, I had my badges blacked out, since I agree that the chrome look is a little played out, but I would never remove them. Just looks ricey to me. But if you do, more power to you, of course. Modding is a personal choice!
You are DEFINITELY in the minority. Do not spread your bs that its rice. Infiniti OVER BADGES worse than any company. Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.

Do it OP, take a look at the top G's on this board, I'd be willing to bet 95% have debadged atleast 'INFINITI', are they rice? hell no.. learn the meaning people. Next we are going to hear that lowering and tinting is rice...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good... getting rid of all that chrome would go better with what you are trying to pull off... oh, let me detail your car, just spent 14 hrs on mine... either that or wash it...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mykke101
You are DEFINITELY in the minority. Do not spread your bs that its rice. Infiniti OVER BADGES worse than any company. Debadging 'INFINITI' should be mandatory.

Do it OP, take a look at the top G's on this board, I'd be willing to bet 95% have debadged atleast 'INFINITI', are they rice? hell no.. learn the meaning people. Next we are going to hear that lowering and tinting is rice...
Claiming that 95% of the top G’s on this board have removed their INFINITI badge is quite a bold, if not outrageous, comment. It’s one you certainly could not back up.

The reality is that many members here dislike debadging for various reasons. As pointed out in past threads, to many it makes the car look “erased”; or it gives an impression of being ashamed of the car; and may lower the car’s resale value.

You’re obviously a proponent of debadging. But others, perhaps the majority of members here, do not wish to do it. You need to accept that.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Claiming that 95% of the top G’s on this board have removed their INFINITI badge is quite a bold, if not outrageous, comment. It’s one you certainly could not back up.

The reality is that many members here dislike debadging for various reasons. As pointed out in past threads, to many it makes the car look “erased”; or it gives an impression of being ashamed of the car; and may lower the car’s resale value.

You’re obviously a proponent of debadging. But others, perhaps the majority of members here, do not wish to do it. You need to accept that.
Wonder how many points you lost for the above post?

I kid you of course chekov...
Old 06-26-2012, 01:11 PM
mykke101

The majority is a bold statement from you aswell. Also TOP G's is subjective but IMO most of the TOP G's are debadged (high majority) you can take that as me disliking the G's that aren't debaged and not considering them as top if you would like but just thumb through G of the month winners as a point of reference.

How does it give an impression of being ashamed?? honestly! Just debadging 'INFINITI' and leaving the mount fuji you are still repping your brand and cleaning the lines... win win? If you want to fully debadge I would be willing to bet this is still not seen as "being ashamed" it is simply looking for an even cleaner look. Now rebadging is a different story and can definitely be seen as 'being ashamed'.

To OP again, debadge if you like the look, don't let the haters get to you. IT IS NOT RICE!!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
self

Originally Posted by mykke101

I mean I respect people's opinions that debadging looks good, I just do not see it, myself. I think it looks cheap, and RICEY. That is my opinion on it.

Obviously the OP should and will do whatever he wants, but just as people have the right to say "definitely de-badge, it looks great!", I have the right to say "definitely do not remove the badges, it looks ricey!" loll. To each his own!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally wouldn't completely debadge my car. I really want to remove the INFINITI at the back, because as many here have put it, the chrome is a little excessive in the coupe...all that chrome in the headlights and the whole grille, then also the trunk (and it's worse for those that come with the chrome trunk lip...), and absolutely no chrome around the sides is what makes the car look weird IMO. (I'm not implying we need more chrome, just in case...)

I don't know how debadging the car lowers its resale value, I don't recall the OP trying to sell it. Maybe once he sells it in the future, he can put them back on...

You definitely need to buff the car though. I couldn't believe my eyes after I was done with mine...
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
R.I.C.E. = Race inspired cosmetic enhancements. Debadging definitely doesn't fall into.

As an ocd person, I hated the look of debadge at first because there was too much blank space. I definitely hate deabdging then leaving G37S on because it feels unbalanced on the left.

After a while, got my emblems blacked out, liked that better than debadge. Then I went through a phase where debadging stated to appeal to me more and more however I would get rid of the fuji AND the letters and keep the G37S.

People change, opinions change. If you don't like something one day, it really does not mean you wont like it the next.

BACK ON TOPIC

Car looks good man! Any plans for a diffuser?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by Mattster
Wonder how many points you lost for the above post?

I kid you of course chekov...
Well, they (whoever they are) somehow gave me +10 points on that one. I guess it means I’m a bit more experienced at debadging than I was earlier this morning.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Not any more...

Quoted from that thread:

It sure did. And in addition, over half of the responders in this thread so far have voted to leave the G stock. It makes me feel I was a minority candidate in an election that I just won.
No longer true...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Not any more...

Quoted from that thread:

No longer true...
You can’t be serious. Of course the debadge zealots will be the principle respondents in such a poll, where most others are prone not to bother, having no real interest in the matter. Furthermore, the term “top G’s” is as unscientific as they come, almost as absurd as the comment about making debadging the INFINITI words as mandatory. In terms of accurate polling, you’re way off.

And as I remember this poll my comments on the stock owners being in the majority was made nearing the end when that was true. Unfortunately, the debadge loyalists then decided to chime in just to prove me wrong. That’s OK, I’m used to it.

Quick Reply: My latest pic, next up....de badging