Sponsored By:

Accident... Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs down Accident... Need Advice

Whatsup guys, I just got into a pretty bad accident and wanted some advice from you guys. Long story short I hit another car when she stopped short while looking at an accident on the side of the road. Five minutes later there was another car accident (I'm assuming looking at our accident) which resulted in 4 cars being damaged and 2 being totaled.

Anyways... what I'm concerned about is my IPL front bumper I just put on. I bought it for $300 awhile back, but the price has sky-rocketed. Pete... (fairladyz) suggested that I tell the body shop that that is how I bought the car, and I want the same bumper and not the regular journey bumper.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do?

Oh, and if anyone asks, I'm perfectly okay

Here are some pictures.... didn't take any of hers.

Name:  photo-60.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  220.8 KB

Name:  photo-61.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  218.4 KB

Name:  photo-62.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  207.3 KB

Name:  photo-63.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  208.2 KB

Name:  photo-64.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  207.0 KB

Name:  cry.gif
Views: 37
Size:  1.83 MB
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats pretty bad but as far as getting a replacement the insurance will only pay for what your stock parts cost to repair. if you want another ipl bumper you will have to eat the rest of the cost
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Man that sucks. Good luck with everything man, and keep us updated. At least your G did a good job at keeping you safe.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GET_SOME
wow thats pretty bad but as far as getting a replacement the insurance will only pay for what your stock parts cost to repair. if you want another ipl bumper you will have to eat the rest of the cost

Well technically it IS a stock part
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Man that sucks. Good luck with everything man, and keep us updated. At least your G did a good job at keeping you safe.

Thanks man, will do. I'll update it in the morning. I'm going at a repair shop around 8.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I'd just have them write me a check, and purchase that IPL part on my own. Bring it to your own body shop and go from there. The insurance company will write you a check for the lower end of the quotes you received, but they won't leave you stranded if your check doesn't cover the cost. Say theres other damage that was unexpected from the accident. If the shop you go to runs into more issues and they need more money the insurance adjuster will come back out and negotiate with the body shop you chose.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Did you, by chance, update your insurance policy to cover the newer part(s)?
I would recommend doing so for any updated body work, electronics etc...
Old 06-20-2012, 11:48 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TwoThree
I'd just have them write me a check, and purchase that IPL part on my own. Bring it to your own body shop and go from there. The insurance company will write you a check for the lower end of the quotes you received, but they won't leave you stranded if your check doesn't cover the cost. Say theres other damage that was unexpected from the accident. If the shop you go to runs into more issues and they need more money the insurance adjuster will come back out and negotiate with the body shop you chose.

I also have sway bars I forgot about.. they're probably ****ed up as well.... I bought them new though, so I could always get the invoice.

You think I should just tell them to write me a check? I think it might be like 8-9k in damages. I'm not really sure.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Did you, by chance, update your insurance policy to cover the newer part(s)?
I would recommend doing so for any updated body work, electronics etc...
So get it after the body work is done?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:57 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
So get it after the body work is done?
Yep I would. That way you'll have the peace of mind of knowing you are covered. And it will probably only be an extra $10 a month.
However, since the IPL bumper is also dealer installed option, your ins co juat might cover the whole thing. Just let the adjuster know that it is an IPL bumper. They can also clearly see that is. He will alao see it when he looks up the parts list. Remember that you can negotiate a little with the adjuster.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:02 AM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Whatsup guys, I just got into a pretty bad accident and wanted some advice from you guys. Long story short I hit another car when she stopped short while looking at an accident on the side of the road. Five minutes later there was another car accident (I'm assuming looking at our accident) which resulted in 4 cars being damaged and 2 being totaled.

Anyways... what I'm concerned about is my IPL front bumper I just put on. I bought it for $300 awhile back, but the price has sky-rocketed. Pete... (fairladyz) suggested that I tell the body shop that that is how I bought the car, and I want the same bumper and not the regular journey bumper.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do?

Oh, and if anyone asks, I'm perfectly okay

Here are some pictures.... didn't take any of hers.

What am I looking at here? Orange jumpsuit with flipflops?

Insurance SHOULD cover what you have on your car, that is an OEM part bought through an Infiniti dealership I assume?

Glad you're ok bud.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Glad ur ok Johnny.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Lije Baley
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TimG37x
What am I looking at here? Orange jumpsuit with flipflops?

Insurance SHOULD cover what you have on your car, that is an OEM part bought through an Infiniti dealership I assume?
I agree, insurance should cover the parts, but what do I know? I do know County lock-up garb when I see it, however. Orange jump-suit and flip-flops? Someone walked away from his shower and out the sallyport.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 AM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
its hard to tell... Not sure what your insurance is, but SOME insurance (Cheap companies) will have a say on it.

Let the body shop go over the car with the field adjuster. I m sure they will help you out because they are going to earn $$ since you also have frame damages...
Old 06-21-2012, 05:29 AM
G37Q8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing can't be fixed just don't depend fully on the dealership and you should be fine check out my car's accident/Progress and you'll know what im talking about ^^ Glad you're ok and GL with the repairs bro

Quick Reply: Accident... Need Advice