Sponsored By:

Accident... Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TimG37x
What am I looking at here? Orange jumpsuit with flipflops?

Insurance SHOULD cover what you have on your car, that is an OEM part bought through an Infiniti dealership I assume?

Glad you're ok bud.

Lol that gave me a good laugh, thanks though man

Originally Posted by Mattster
Glad ur ok Johnny.

<33333333 thanks guy

Originally Posted by Lije Baley
I agree, insurance should cover the parts, but what do I know? I do know County lock-up garb when I see it, however. Orange jump-suit and flip-flops? Someone walked away from his shower and out the sallyport.

Originally Posted by msmching
its hard to tell... Not sure what your insurance is, but SOME insurance (Cheap companies) will have a say on it.

Let the body shop go over the car with the field adjuster. I m sure they will help you out because they are going to earn $$ since you also have frame damages...
I have All State... so I don't think they are that cheap of a company? I'll find out later today.

Originally Posted by G37Q8
Nothing can't be fixed just don't depend fully on the dealership and you should be fine check out my car's accident/Progress and you'll know what im talking about ^^ Glad you're ok and GL with the repairs bro

Yea I just checked it out. I definitely would have shed some tears if that was my car lol

I was mad/sad when it happened because I'm always a careful driver, but I definitely learned my lesson which is to never stare at other peoples accidents... because 9 cars got into them just because they were glancing over at other people's accidents.... sucks
Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
I was mad/sad when it happened because I'm always a careful driver, but I definitely learned my lesson which is to never stare at other peoples accidents... because 9 cars got into them just because they were glancing over at other people's accidents.... sucks
Damn dude, that sucks! Glad you're ok. I HATE it when other people slow down to stare at accidents. For me, I just want to get past it ASAP but people feel the need to gawk, especially if there is already law enforcement, firefighters and EMTs already there. I could understand if there's no one there but damn, if they close a lane off, just keep moving!!

Good luck with the G. AllState is a big enough company. Hopefully your insurance agent is there to help you out.!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM
gonzo007
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be okay with the bumper. I assume you still have your receipts and they can clearly see it was an upgraded part. Insurance is to restore your car to pre-accident status while insured. Besides I bet the journey bumper is similar in retail replacement cost to the IPL bumper.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by gonzo007
You should be okay with the bumper. I assume you still have your receipts and they can clearly see it was an upgraded part. Insurance is to restore your car to pre-accident status while insured. Besides I bet the journey bumper is similar in retail replacement cost to the IPL bumper.

Yes, I have the receipt but it says I purchased it @ $300 .. and now the price is 1.5k
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn johnny. Glad you are ok. Can't tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look like the airbags deployed which surprises me. Lights by Bref held their own. lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn man, glad you are ok. Looks like we had a similar fate. Happy to be alive. My PSA for the day is not to stall if you are needing new tires. I seriously almost died. Pouring rain on 275 south. My car hydroplaned and sent me spinning across all 3 lanes. So as I am spinning, a semi misses me, a pick up truck misses me and just when I thought I was going to make it all the way across I get hit head on by Mercedes. Air bag deployed and then I spin around another half turn and come to a stop in the middle lane on the highway so now I think I am about to get hit a few more times. Luckily someone stopped behind me and I was actually able to start the car and get it off the road. Paramedics and police came and checked everyone out. No one was seriously injured. Luckily just some back and neck pain for me. Crazy ish!

Name:  Car.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  126.7 KB
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

I happen to have my IPL sitting in my garage and they are just going to give me the cash for what the bumper would have cost and I will aply that towards my deductable. Pretty sure you will be able to work it out IF the body shop is cool. I think they write the check to the body shop but with your approval. At least that is how mine works.

Last edited by Kidcane; 06-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your insurance will only pay to repair your car with the parts it same with, nothing more. If your car is still financed, they will not write you a check directly. It will be made out to you and whoever the lien holder is or directly to the body shop minus your deductible. Also they may pay for "like kind and quality" parts which could mean aftermarket parts of inferior quality which are cheaper. Examine your estimate closely to see if they are paying for actual OEM parts or aftermarket. If they do that you can argue that you want OEM, you may win, you may not. The part they pay for is based on your VIN so if you have a Journey VIN you will only get a claim amount for Journey parts.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
DashKid
Banned

BB is right. Just asked my sister who is a state farm insurance agent and she told me 90% of the insurance company will look up the vin number and see what parts it need. Unless you put insurance for aftermarket parts.

So if you didn't insure any aftermarket parts, you will most likely get OEM parts put back on you're car.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

That is not 100% true all the time. My car has CF grille, headlights, radiator cover and I did not list any of it with my ins co and they are covering exact replacements of all my aftermarket parts. I love USAA.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I have USAA as well and they are not a typical insurance company when it comes to claims and service. Allstate ain't going for that. He'll be lucky if they don't try to make him repair it with salvage yard parts.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Kidcane
That is not 100% true all the time. My car has CF grille, headlights, radiator cover and I did not list any of it with my ins co and they are covering exact replacements of all my aftermarket parts. I love USAA.
LOL. Never heard of USAA. Lucky you, I insured all my aftermarket parts.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Gla you are ok! I recently got my IPL/Aero bumper Heavily damaged after getting rear ended and the other parties insurance bought me a brand new identical IPL/Aero bumper. They will try to give you the original bumper but you need to tell them that your car ame with the IPL bumper to get another but very true what others have said, they will look at the VIN amd only replace parts it came with! I argued this with Geico and ended up with my IPL rear again. Hope this helps, I got rear ended on May 25th and got my car back 100% this past Saturday. GL to you Johny!

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 06-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
djtrump

Hey Johnny, I just got my car back from a pretty bad accident. I have Allstate as well and live in NJ. They were really good at getting everything taken care of very quickly. The adjuster will come out and write up an initial estimate of all of the damages. I opted to have them come to my house, and I was pretty much helping him along the way letting him know everything the vehicle is equipped with. He almost wrote in a spoiler because he thought the chrome lip was a spoiler (shouldn't have opened my big mouth). As far as the bumper is concerned it's worth a shot talking to the adjuster about it, couldn't hurt. They used mostly new parts on my car, gave me two brand new rims and also let me keep the two scratched ones. I believe the only reconditioned part I received was the rear bumper. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
USAA for the win.

Had them ever since I joined the military.

Best insurance company ever.

Quick Reply: Accident... Need Advice