Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does anyone else have this issue?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3
Ok I don't usually post on here alot, but I'm so sick and tired of hearing people on here complain that Infiniti paint is soft. You guys think Infiniti is the only one with soft paint??????

Check out the BMW, Lexus, Hyundai, and whatever other forums there are out there. EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT ROCK CHIPS. I have yet to come across a car that doesn't accumulate tons of chips.

If a rock or pebble traveling 75 mph hits some paint it sure as hell will chip. What the hell if a rock or pebble hits the windshield traveling at that speed it will chip too and glass is harder than any paint clearcoat.

Oh the other thing I hear on here that makes me laugh, "oh my G37 is a $40K car it shouldn't be chipping". Well just to let you know price doesn't mean ****. A friend of my dad has an S550 and that thing has chips all over the front like crazy. And if I'm not mistaken that car costs like 3 times the amount of any G37 on here. What's the excuse then? Check out the M5 board forums so many complaints about soft chipping paint. I'm just going to bring this up as I saw a member on here a while back mention that Hyundai paint is better lmao. Go to the Hyundai Genesis forums (gencoupe.com) so many complaints on there too about soft paint. Chips all over the doors and front bumper and Hyundai doesn't do **** about it:

Rock chips and touch up paint question - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

rock chips..... - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Has anybody had a problem with the paint chipping? - Hyundai Genesis Forum

Mercedes Paint? - MBWorld.org Forums

Rock Chips... - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Rock chips in front bumper - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Keep it simple. If you don't want rock chips dont drive the car or get a clear bra because it's going to happen.
Someone woke up with a stick up his a$$. Funny thing is, is that I was just about to make a similar post, but not nearly as menstruated as this one was.

Rock chips are a pain and you'll get them regardless of what car you drive. In regards to the OP, I too have those chips on my car in the same spots and on my hood as well. If you get them repaired, you'd probably want to get a clear film for it also as it will just happen again. But yeah, "soft" paint...it's kind of a moot point when you have stones flying at you from every direction.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I was playing with the kiddos last night and it occurred to me, their Matchbox cars have waaaayy more resistant *ahem* paint, than most vehicles these days.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:39 AM
awightguy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The thing that really got me the other day was when I was waiting for a friend in the parking lot, I went to seek to my next preset (radio) on the steering wheel and my finger nail kinda scraped and it left this huge line....the paint just peeled right off.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by awightguy
and my finger nail kinda scraped and it left this huge line....the paint just peeled right off.
I think you have a bigger problem than your paint here lol
Old 06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Stiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For everyone who took the time to reply and confirm this for me, Thanks!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd imagine if you run spacers on the fronts it would make it worse...and the sport 19's are probably worse than the 18's.

I have the non-sport baby sized wheels so the fender arches catch the pebbles. But my front end is chipped like a bastard, like every other car I've owned in PHX.