Sponsored By:

Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GotAir523

chekov, i always see you responding to people about tint and while i obviously have limo all around i can't help but always agree with what you say to people about it. i've always had limo tint on all of my cars, and because of that, i never let 2 of my roommates drive my cars when it was getting dark becuase the simply couldn't get used to how dark the tint was. while i don't have x-ray vision, i do admit it is difficult at times however i do it due to security concerns (have seen people with their faces on my windows looking in for stuff before when i had a system in my old car), as well as the fact its 1000 degrees here in florida. I am by no means going against what you say about people tinting their cars, i support it. funny thing is as much of a hardass as my dad is with the tint, he has limo on his cop car lol.
You’re right that I often cannot resist the urge to respond to tint threads, and I’m sure most of you are tired of seeing them. Perhaps I should take the month off. But I do appreciate your seeming to agree with me that it’s a safety hazard for night driving.

While I understand that tinted windows while living in Florida can be beneficial, it’s my sense that most of the time, at least on this site, it is done for other reasons. To me the real reason why so many youngsters illegally tint their windows is to create a “cool” look, and to prevent anyone from looking in, allowing the driver to, let’s say, use drugs or even pick their nose in private. These are the real reasons it’s done so often, and they’re certainly IMO irrational in that they thoughtlessly jeopardize the safety of themselves and others on the road.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
You’re right that I often cannot resist the urge to respond to tint threads, and I’m sure most of you are tired of seeing them. Perhaps I should take the month off. But I do appreciate your seeming to agree with me that it’s a safety hazard for night driving.

While I understand that tinted windows while living in Florida can be beneficial, it’s my sense that most of the time, at least on this site, it is done for other reasons. To me the real reason why so many youngsters illegally tint their windows is to create a “cool” look, and to prevent anyone from looking in, allowing the driver to, let’s say, use drugs or even pick their nose in private. These are the real reasons it’s done so often, and they’re certainly IMO irrational in that they thoughtlessly jeopardize the safety of themselves and others on the road.

I'm always in agreement with you on the window tint issue Chekov.

I'm all for people doing mods to their cars, and even ok with some that "skirt" the laws. But things like dark widow tint that risk the safety of others on the road, I can never agree with...once your "mod" has the ability to put other people at risk, it is wrong.

Anyone who says it has no effect whatsoever on their vision is flat out lying, fooling themselves, or ignorant to how science works.

The other thing I don't understand is people blatantly posting about their illegal tint and even posting pics on the the internet and being proud of it...kind of like the dumb things people post on You Tube and incriminate themselves...
Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Dio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the past 10 years I've always gone with the legal limit on the driver/passenger and limo tint on the remaining windows. Living in Houston it's almost a necessity during the heat of the summer.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:37 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dio
Over the past 10 years I've always gone with the legal limit on the driver/passenger and limo tint on the remaining windows. Living in Houston it's almost a necessity during the heat of the summer.
Same here; legal...I'm in Ft Worth and regularly go to Austin and legal tint does the job.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I wouldn't go beyond 50% if you're going to touch the windshield. Depending on how the cops are where you live you may just be asking for a ticket.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Dio
Unfortunately (In California) the legal limit is no tint on the windshield, passenger, and drivers windows.
Only behind the driver is legal.

That being said, I have 35% all around!!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Dio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Unfortunately (In California) the legal limit is no tint on the windshield, passenger, and drivers windows.
Only behind the driver is legal.

That being said, I have 35% all around!!
Well played mate!