Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Need help! Question about my 08 G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Mox99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help! Question about my 08 G37 coupe

ok i have babied this thing ever since i have had it but incondiderate ppl continue to door ding me although ive had most of them fixed.
Ok friday night when i got home, I almost freaked the hell out.

I looked at my roof next to the sunroof and their was a fist-sized dent in the corner. i was JUST SICK. I thought about this all weekend while out of town and upon closer inspection this morning with a Porsche owner, we determined it was not malicious.

The roof appears to have some body contortion. Two corners of the sunroof appear to have some "waves" around it. One very bad, the other not real bad.

The only thing I can think of is I did drive to work 2 days last week with my roof open. Maybe i hit a speed bump or something that cause my car body to sway and it caused the denting around the sunroof.

I value you guys opinions, suggestions and ideas since you are fellow G37 owners and know what these cars mean.
thanks in advance.

08 Coupe, Red, Journey.

Mike
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt you hit a bump that caused yr body to roll to the point you would bottom out and "twist" the ripples into your roof.

Sounds like someone walked onto your roof or ententionally damaged it.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Mox99

I was afraid of that. It had to have happened at work. Maybe they were pissed i took their parking spot after work or something and gave the top of my roof a hammer fist and it caused the crinkles on the other side as well.
btw,
it had no shoe prints or hand prints on it.
Is it possible that a car wash caused it somehow?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I would say that it's possible for a car wash to do that...yes.

But you shouldn't be taking your $40k car through a car wash. Takes less than 10 minutes to wash it by hand.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 PM
DeamonG37s

Car wash may have done it. Especially those ones that touch ur car.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Mox99

I trust these guys at the car wash. It is touch less and I was having it detailed. They an amazing job.

UPDATE
Ok i have researched that carwash and they DO use the brush that spins over your car but Im still not sure how that would put a fist-size dent in my roof right next to the sunroof.
I also spoke with Infiniti service. He said there is no reported case of body roll causing dents in roofs. Unfortunately its looking like it happened either at the carwash or by some jackass at my company. Maybe i got their parking spot after lunch or something. Im going to check with security and see if they have video in the parking lot.

Last edited by Mox99; 05-29-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
I would say that it's possible for a car wash to do that...yes.

But you shouldn't be taking your $40k car through a car wash. Takes less than 10 minutes to wash it by hand.
WAIT! What's the cut off price where taking a car through an automatic carwash is acceptable? LOL I've taken my $170,000 car through a car wash when I was about to hit the highway and was away from home but didn't want to ride dirty.

The G37? Ummmmm this is a cool car and I love it but it isn't exactly a collector's edition car. There is no special paint or finish nor is it a rare car. It's a freakin Nissan LOL.

Sometimes I get great laughs from this forum... Gotta love it!

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 05-29-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Wyldfyer

Anyways... to the OP. Do you have pics of the damage?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stay away from the car washes. Even the touchless ones are very hard on the clear coat. Unless you are disabled, you should be washing your own car. Park it in the garage at night, and it should stay reasonably clean for a while. Get a CA duster at walmart, and remove the light dust, pollen etc. occasionally. Park in the end spots in parking lots, or away from the spots with a lot of turnover. Exercise (washing, polishing, walking from the parking lot) is good for you.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Wyldfyer

I guess it's a lot of disabled people keeping the carwash industry going...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
how the eff did this turn into a car wash vs hand wash thread? lol I live in a cold climate and use the car wash several times every winter to get the salt off of my cars and they still shine after a hand wash and wax when it gets warm enough out to do so. A car wash is never as good as a hand wash but it's better than leaving salty slush, bug guts and bird sh~t on your car.

Anyway, OP, there is no way a car wash could have put a dent in the roof of your car. Someone must have hammer-fisted the top of your car like you mentioned earlier. There are d-bags that walk around doing that **** for the hell of it.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 PM
jmaudio

that's one hell of a hammer fist!

i had a tree branch fall on the roof of my g37 about a year and a half ago. it left a few nice dents on the roof. any decent body shop should be able to pop them out and color match the roof fine. my car is red also and they did a great job.

insurance covered my little incident...maybe you can get them to cover yours as well. (lie and say it was a tree branch if you have to).
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 AM
dallasbeaner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
Car wash may have done it. Especially those ones that touch ur car.
Hmmm.....
Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
defeated

I'd think if it happened at the car wash, you definitely would have seen it right away. It's when random crap happens in a parking lot that you don't notice right away, when you're tired coming out of the office/store/whatever. And never underestimate random meaness from Joe A$$hole, he was probably in a bad/stupid mood anyway, and your car just happened to be at the wrong place in the wrong time. It should flip, though - someday he'll hit the wrong guys car at the wrong time, and get his karma foreclosed on.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Trininav

Where do you work..that parking spot dibs become vandilism... ? Time to upgrade the job.. lol. I'm doubting the carwash brushes slammed ur metal roof into a sinkhole.. unless you go to the same carwash that's designed by Thor, Loki, or Joe A$$hole.. I'm voting for the workplace foolishness..